PS5

185,667 Views | 1869 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Brock Sampson
Tabasco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AgSportsFan89 said:

jackie childs said:

it would at least appear as though the gamestop bundle with demon souls and the NBA game is still available...i haven't gotten the confirmation email yet, but i have a confirmation number.

it's a january 5th delivery though

I ended up trying again after you said this and got the Spiderman bundle one. Just got the confirmation email. But yeah Jan 5th-6th delivery

Congrats!!!
agproducer
AG
If you scored a PS5 the other day from Walmart, check your order. Mine was supposed to arrive 1/8, but I just checked and it is scheduled to be here 12/24.
jackie childs
AgSportsFan89 said:

jackie childs said:

it would at least appear as though the gamestop bundle with demon souls and the NBA game is still available...i haven't gotten the confirmation email yet, but i have a confirmation number.

it's a january 5th delivery though

I ended up trying again after you said this and got the Spiderman bundle one. Just got the confirmation email. But yeah Jan 5th-6th delivery
awesome! congrats
chizadbot
AG
agproducer said:

If you scored a PS5 the other day from Walmart, check your order. Mine was supposed to arrive 1/8, but I just checked and it is scheduled to be here 12/24.
It's a Christmas miracle
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Apparently Target did a drop at 6am
CAR96
AG
Yes, Target did a drop and I was shut out again.

I was able to get one in the cart, my payment was flagged by my bank even though I had called them and told them not to and was told it should be fine.

The PS5 stayed in the cart but I could not check out as what looked like 20-25 consoles were sold.
XXXVII
I've decide to stop looking for a PS5, and instead I will catch up on all the PS4 games I missed. Hopefully by then all the issues with the PS5 hardware will be fixed.
CAR96
AG
Best Buy just dropped too. Think I may have snagged one, got to drive a bit to get it though and wait a few days.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
I had it in my cart but couldn't get a location to checkout at
CAR96
AG
It was difficult. I kept trying on my phone and computer; had to wait and refresh several times. Tried different bundles, etc.

It finally went through to a store location on the SW side of Houston and I live north of Spring. I was able to change the store pickup after it completed the sale to my local location but it broke up the bundle (extra controller) to today and the console with controller hopefully Saturday.

The store employee said it probably won't be ready for Saturday because their truck arrives around 7pm so most likely Sunday.
BallerStaf2003
AG
Chase McGuire said:

Forgot to post my Demon's Souls thoughts. Starting with graphics, it's the most beautiful game I've ever played by a long shot. Absolutely gorgeous.

I've played FromSoft's other games many times, but this one was new to me. I'm so glad I waited for the remake. It isn't as refined, challenging or balanced as its successors, but it has that FromSoft feel in its bones. Highly recommend to everyone. Just be ready to die a lot.

And now I'll wait for Elden Ring.

I had so much fun with it.
aggieman00
Did anyone buy an extended warranty on theirs? I've read a lot of the issues people have with theirs and I know it comes with a standard warranty, but didn't know if anyone bothered with the extended from the retailer or not...?
YNWA_AG
AG
Nothing besides my credit card benefit that extend manufacturing warranty
DuncanAg
AG
I've been watching the secondary market because we are looking for one for Christmas for my 9 year old. Although it has dropped, I am thinking of Santa leaving a note saying the PS5 is running behind.

My question to you guys is 1) will the secondary prices drop some more after Christmas, and 2) how long until it will be easier to get for retail off a big box store or Amazon?

Thanks and Merry Christmas!
Not a Bot
AG
The last several major console releases have followed a similar pattern. Demand outweighs supply over the holidays. Stock on shelves can be had in mid to late January. Widely available on shelves by March.

If I were you I wouldn't pay a scalper a dime.
DuncanAg
AG
Thanks Cactus...I don't disagree with you it's just the whole Santa brought it premium. Seriously probably have Santa bring a note.
agdoc2001
AG
DuncanAg said:

I've been watching the secondary market because we are looking for one for Christmas for my 9 year old. Although it has dropped, I am thinking of Santa leaving a note saying the PS5 is running behind.

My question to you guys is 1) will the secondary prices drop some more after Christmas, and 2) how long until it will be easier to get for retail off a big box store or Amazon?

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

1. Follow @PS5drop and @YtNextGenGaming on Twitter
2. Recruit 4-5 friends. Any time there is an upcoming drop, have all 4-5 of you trying to get a system. Use your PC and whichever stores app on your phone
3. Check Target stock every morning between 5:00-7am as they are expected to have some more systems trickling in
4. If you have any military friends, get them to buy you one off the exchange. They seem to have some available daily.
5. Don't forget HEB. If your local HEB has an electronics section, sometimes they end up with a few systems
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MW03
AG
Santa should bring the kiddo a PSN gift card with a note that says use this to get an extra game when the PS5 arrives. Then a month or so later, the PS5 shows up wrapped with a note from Claus himself that patience pays off.
MW03
AG
@solefed and @snkr_twitr do PS5 drops as well that have been getting people outfitted
DuncanAg
AG
Great idea MW03!

Thanks buddy
goodAg80
AG
ebay prices are now $800-850 mostly. I expect to be at $750 on Christmas Day. Close to $700 by New Year's Day.
CAR96
AG
Check this Twitter @PS5Stockalerts and set up notifications. When they alerted me to Best Buy on Monday it helped me secure a console.

Also on YouTube Jake Randall. He does really well about giving updates.
Proposition Joe
Prices peaked end of November at ~$1000 average. Down to $900 a week later, $800 a week later, $700 a week later.

There will be plenty to be had post-Christmas.
TriumphForks
AG
Seems pretty evident the scalpers overplayed their hand. Good. Hope they all get screwed.
goodAg80
AG
TriumphForks said:

Seems pretty evident the scalpers overplayed their hand. Good. Hope they all get screwed.
I have heard nearly 40,000 have been sold on ebay, so they haven't been burned yet.
degreedy
AG
For those fortunate enough to grab one before Christmas and are putting out as Santa gift --- carefully unpackage and download any necessary updates tonight before putting out tomorrow morning... that way it's ready for plug and play! Another pro tip, already have the HDMI cord and power cords plugged in to wherever you will house the PS5 so it's literally plug and play!

Nothing worse than having to anxiously wait for updates to download when your kiddos (or yourself) are ready to fire it up.
AggieHusker
AG
Good advice. Is there anything that would give away the present? Any notifications on the ps4 or anything once the account is setup on a ps5?
YNWA_AG
AG
AggieHusker said:

Good advice. Is there anything that would give away the present? Any notifications on the ps4 or anything once the account is setup on a ps5?

You get the welcome to ps5 email the day after you set up their account on it
degreedy
AG
AggieHusker said:

Not quite sure, it could possibly log out of the PS4 (if the PS4 was currently being used at the same time) if using the same PSN... I'm just guessing on this I'll have to defer to others on this.

I updated our PS5 one night when the kids were asleep, so they were none the wiser.

I suppose if you did it tonight when yours were asleep you'd have similar success.
Tabasco
AG
AggieHusker said:

No. I didn't get the email referenced above. The only thing I noticed is when I pull up the ps app, when buy and download something, it asked me if I wanted to download it to PS4 or PS5
Jim01
AG
My 8 year old nearly had an aneurism this morning when he saw the PS5 Good times! They are playing Astros Playroom right now.

I will say setting up kids accounts I found less than intuitive, but I think I got it right.

1. Logged into my old PSN account I had from when I had a PS3
2. On the PS5 set up a family
3. Added both sons. Had to take a detour though and create them both gmail accounts

From there I couldn't figure out how to play as them. Switch user implied I had to create a PSN account for each so I did that.

4. Add User - this seemed to work. Added my son and then seem to know that user was also in my family based off the same email address.

However with my second son I hit a brick wall. I try to log into PSN and I get an error message like this one:
https://images.app.goo.gl/hnWaVWhAwGpcg5rs5

Of course the kid didn't even have an email address until this morning so pretty sure he hasn't violated anything. Customer support is closed so he's just playing as a guest for now.
Gomer95
AG
I have a question. I was lucky enough to get a PS5 from Walmart (woohoo) that will be delivered later next week and I bought Assassins Creed Valhalla for PS4 before I knew I could get a PS5 but I haven't opened it up yet so should I return it and get the PS5 version? I know the PS4 version will upgrade to the PS5 version but is it literally the same thing with load times, graphics, etc.? Or would it ultimately be better, load faster, etc. to return mine (because I can) and get the PS5 version?
Fenrir
It wouldn't make a difference. Ps5 will download digital version of ps5 copy and disc will just be used to verify youre in possession of a valid copy.
ORAggieFan
Fenrir said:

It wouldn't make a difference. Ps5 will download digital version of ps5 copy and disc will just be used to verify youre in possession of a valid copy.

You sure? The PS4 version is $30 and the PS5 is $70.
hph6203
AG
https://www.ign.com/articles/save-10-on-assassins-creed-valhalla-and-upgrade-for-free-on-ps5-or-xbox-series-x

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.