PS5

185,672 Views | 1869 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Brock Sampson
Tomdoss92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The only issue I've had is not really an issue, just frustrating.

You can have 5-6 AAA games installed and then have to start choosing. Cold War takes up 229 GB on my machine. I think I could choose parts of the game to uninstall to save space but haven't yet.

God of War
Ghosts of Tsushima
MLB the Show 20
Spider Man Remastered
GTA V

and i have 46 GB left.
rangerdanger
AG
Tomdoss92 said:

The only issue I've had is not really an issue, just frustrating.

You can have 5-6 AAA games installed and then have to start choosing. Cold War takes up 229 GB on my machine. I think I could choose parts of the game to uninstall to save space but haven't yet.

God of War
Ghosts of Tsushima
MLB the Show 20
Spider Man Remastered
GTA V

and i have 46 GB left.

Lol any CoD game is going to eat up that SDD. I try to think of this problem as God's way of making me queue and complete my backlog.
Wheatables02
AG
I have a disc version and have zero issues. I hear no fan either and it's 2-3 ft from where I sit.
CAR96
AG
So I downloaded Last of Us from PS Store and been working through the campaign and it's good but damn do I have trouble trying to use all my weapons off my back and from my stash.

Is there any other mode of play available? Getting tired of those clicker zombies.
spieg12
AG
CAR96 said:

So I downloaded Last of Us from PS Store and been working through the campaign and it's good but damn do I have trouble trying to use all my weapons off my back and from my stash.

Is there any other mode of play available? Getting tired of those clicker zombies.

Find the shiv upgrades. Makes a shiv have three uses when you find them all.

Once you learn their patterns and how they move, clickers are by far the easiest enemies to deal with since they can't see. Take out any runners in a given room and you are golden. Just sneak around clickers or shiv them.

Also ammo is very scarce. It is very difficult to do every encounter guns blazing due to ammo concerns, so I recommend as much stealth as possible.
CAR96
AG
This sounds bad but what I have the most trouble with is having a shiv in my possession but not being able to bring it up to use it. It is easy to stealth behind a clicker....and then appears the triangle and it works; but there are other times when I need to manually bring up the shiv to use... I can not do it. Don't know why.
Tabasco
AG
I don't remember the shiv mechanics, but I remember hating clickers. You can use bottles to distract them and sneak buy. I would also use a bottle to group 2-3, then Molotov them. You could also bump difficulty down to easy if it gets too bad... no shame in that.
Fenrir
I don't ever recall having to manually bring up a shiv, you may just be approaching more from the side than behind.
Chase McGuire
You can't use the shiv as a normal weapon. You'll either get the stealth triangle prompt or a prompt when you're being attacked by the clicker as it's about to kill you. Other than that, you can use them to open doors. That's it, I think.
bangobango
AG
I've had some problems with Demon Souls and it freezing during loading screens. Had an issue yesterday that started with Demon Souls freezing on the splash screen. Subsequently happened to Madden and NBA 2k and couldn't get any games to load for 15-20 minutes. My son finally got Madden to play. Not sure how he fixed it.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Chase McGuire said:

You can't use the shiv as a normal weapon. You'll either get the stealth triangle prompt or a prompt when you're being attacked by the clicker as it's about to kill you. Other than that, you can use them to open doors. That's it, I think.
This. You have to of a shiv as an add-on to the strangle feature. It makes the normal sneak/strangle combo lethal. It's not a melee weapon. With that said, if that's what you're looking to do, you should always make sure to have a melee weapon or at least a bottle/brick handy.

The throwing a bottle/brick + headshot is a pretty reliable move if you can spare the bullets.
degreedy
AG
Tabasco said:

I have not had any of those problems. The only one I have is a noticeable fan whirl that I can hear from 10 feet away.
I have this problem if you can even call it that. Resolves it if I take the disc out when not playing it.
Tabasco
AG
NPH- said:

Tabasco said:

I have not had any of those problems. The only one I have is a noticeable fan whirl that I can hear from 10 feet away.
I have this problem if you can even call it that. Resolves it if I take the disc out when not playing it.
I have the disc version, but this is without the disc inserted. I have yet to insert a disc into it.
ChemAg15
AG
I hear the fan whirl from time to time. I just assume the unit is hot and needs to cool down. I had to cut a hole in the back of my media cabinet to allow better airflow. I opened the cabinet after playing for 30 minutes and it was alarmingly hot.
Tabasco
AG
Mine is out in the open and not enclosed. The wirl is 24/7 from when I turn it on. Not a heat issue for mine.
Fenrir
There was a rumor at one point that there were 2 different fans being installed in ps5 units and one may be louder. Never followed to see if there was anything conclusive.
Tabasco
AG
Fenrir said:

There was a rumor at one point that there were 2 different fans being installed in ps5 units and one may be louder. Never followed to see if there was anything conclusive.
I was going to do a decibel check from my recliner 10 feet away and at the unit, but the two I downloaded had a three day trial then 7$/month after that, so I deleted. I probably should have done the trial and cancelled, and compare with other users. Maybe I still will. Not too distracting, but definitely noticeable. For reference, I have a day one PS4, and I hear nothing.
Chase McGuire
I hear my PS5 every once in a while, but only while in the middle of long play sessions and when I'm playing off a disc, it seems.
TriumphForks
AG
There were times where I swore my PS4 was going to lift off to the Stratosphere at any given moment since the fan would blow so loud. My PS5 is silent by comparison.
Max Power
AG
spieg12 said:

CAR96 said:

Find the shiv upgrades. Makes a shiv have three uses when you find them all.

Once you learn their patterns and how they move, clickers are by far the easiest enemies to deal with since they can't see. Take out any runners in a given room and you are golden. Just sneak around clickers or shiv them.

Also ammo is very scarce. It is very difficult to do every encounter guns blazing due to ammo concerns, so I recommend as much stealth as possible.
One thing I learned recently is you can change the settings and there's a way to scan for objects, not just enemies when you're in listening mode. This exists on part 2, not sure about part 1 if that's the one you're playing. Really helped me out, wish I had known earlier.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Just picked mine up from best buy! Getting everything set up and downloaded so I can jump in after work!
CoppellAg93
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

Just picked mine up from best buy! Getting everything set up and downloaded so I can jump in after work!
Enjoy !
Prime0882
AG
Saxsoon said:

13 Sentinels Aegis Rim is a PS4 game but really loving it. It is a 2d visual novel/ RTS game that is an incredible sci fi story.
Saw this recommendation and looked it up on a whim and ended up buying it while it's on the holiday sale.

Very interesting game that seems to be a weird hybrid JRPG/RTS/digital book that's becoming more and more like the t.v. show Lost as I play around with it more. Very interesting and glad I grabbed it. Seems to have every sci-fi and anime trope imaginable stuffed into this one and I'm convinced it might end like that Sucker Punch movie.
hph6203
AG
Didn't even see mine was ready for pick up until you posted this. Not sure I'll have time today to go pick it up.
texsn95
AG
hph6203 said:

Didn't even see mine was ready for pick up until you posted this. Not sure I'll have time today to go pick it up.
I have some free time today, name and address of unit location?
Jim01
AG
Does anybody know if you can link a PSN account to a standard user (QuickPlay user)?

As I posted on Christmas, I create PSN accounts for my 2 sons. One worked perfectly. The second told me the account was banned. So, I just created a standard account for the 8 year old that he's been using since then. Well, Playstation finally cleared it and I got his PSN account working.

So is there a way to link that to the generic use I created for him so he retains all his saves and progress? I Googled but found no answers.
Gator_2
AG
Just curious if anyone else has come across the ce-108255-1 Error. I can play maybe 5-10 minutes on all PS5 games and this error comes up and the system soft crashes. All PS4 games work great. Spoke to SONY tech support yesterday and it's a known issue and they are working on rolling out a patch. It's been several weeks and I'm worried my console is bricked.
Easy come, easy go
Jim01
AG
I've had a few crashes and freezes but never marked the code, just checked the box to send the info and went on my way. I would say maybe 5-10 incidents since setting it up on Christmas Day.
Tabasco
AG
Prime0882 said:

Saxsoon said:

13 Sentinels Aegis Rim is a PS4 game but really loving it. It is a 2d visual novel/ RTS game that is an incredible sci fi story.
Saw this recommendation and looked it up on a whim and ended up buying it while it's on the holiday sale.

Very interesting game that seems to be a weird hybrid JRPG/RTS/digital book that's becoming more and more like the t.v. show Lost as I play around with it more. Very interesting and glad I grabbed it. Seems to have every sci-fi and anime trope imaginable stuffed into this one and I'm convinced it might end like that Sucker Punch movie.
how much is it?
hph6203
AG
Got an email? You'd really be helping me out.
Tabasco
AG
hph6203 said:

Got an email? You'd really be helping me out.

When I picked mine up at Best Buy, I had my email printout ready, but also had to show ID. Just a heads up
Prime0882
AG
Tabasco said:

Prime0882 said:

Saxsoon said:

how much is it?

$29.99 until 1/20
hph6203
AG
Was kidding.

Was able to pick it up, the adaptive triggers are interesting, the most surprising thing that I hadn't seen mentioned was how smooth the analog sticks are.
Jim01
AG
Not sure if Wario64 is still doing his thing, but in the last couple days I was able to secure a media remote and the charging station by following this Twitter account. In case you all are looking.

https://twitter.com/BotConsoles
bodaciousbood14
AG
I'm sure this has been discussed but I can't filter through 1300+ comments so I apologize.

I turned on my PS5 yesterday to set it up and did the transfer over WiFi from my PS4.

When I got Cold War I went through and deleted games I'd finished like Arkham Knight, GoW, etc...all I have to play are Cyberpunk, Valhalla, Modern Warfare, and Cold War.

The data transfer went over night and it says I still have over 100GB left in the "Other" category but both machines were off when I got up this morning and went to work.

How much more data are each of the games going to add when I put their discs in for the first time or is most of it already transferred?

I'm not sure if I'm even asking this right tbh.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.