PS5

185,603 Views | 1869 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Brock Sampson
TriumphForks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
As a relative latecomer to the Souls series, I finally started playing PS3 Demons souls for the first time about a week ago and man I am hooked. This remake is going to be killer. Can't wait!!
DallasTeleAg
Have you already played Bloodborne and Sekiro? Definitely my favorite of them all.

Can't wait until we findout more about Elden Ring.
TriumphForks
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

Have you already played Bloodborne and Sekiro? Definitely my favorite of them all.

Can't wait until we findout more about Elden Ring.
Bloodborne was my introduction to the series and it was somewhat life changing lol. I am playing OG Demons Souls now, will of course play the remake, and then after that all I have left is Dark Souls 2 and Dark Souls 3. I really did enjoy Sekiro as well. Super huge learning curve with that one but incredible once you get the hang of it. So far Bloodborne is my favorite. It is the Miyazaki formula perfected imo.
Chase McGuire
I picked up Bloodborne on launch, and it quickly became my favorite game of all time. Now I play FS games more than anything else. Haven't played Demon's Souls yet, but it'll be the first thing I do on November 12. Stoked.
TriumphForks
AG
Chase McGuire said:

I picked up Bloodborne on launch, and it quickly became my favorite game of all time. Now I play FS games more than anything else. Haven't played Demon's Souls yet, but it'll be the first thing I do on November 12. Stoked.
Nice!! I am quite impressed with how well 2009 Demon's Souls holds up. I was expecting it to take a step back in quality and/or playability just due to its age and the fact that it is the first in the "series" but nope.... it is still that top tier Miyazaki quality that I have come to love and has aged very well.

The remake is going to be insane. We are in for a treat.
BallerStaf2003
AG
I'm definitely getting demon souls and call of duty the next day.

What are your thoughts on Godfall? Does that seem like a game to consider? The gameplay didn't look too impressive in the YouTube video I saw.
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
chadhaught said:

my accessories have shipped. supposed to get her tomorrow. oh la la. controller/headset
Where did you order from?
Wheatables02
AG
mickeyrig06sq3 said:

chadhaught said:

my accessories have shipped. supposed to get her tomorrow. oh la la. controller/headset
sounds like direct from Sony. My controller has shipped already too. I was offered a pre-sale from Sony for release date delivery...probably since I've had every system since PS2.
Chase McGuire
Godfall seems like a soulless cash grab game, imo. But those looter games are never my cup of tea anyway. Gonna stick with DS, Spiderman, and Bugsnax (free on PS+) and the PS+ Collection until Cyberpunk. That'll be more than enough for me.
YNWA_AG
AG
Spider-Man and Valhalla for me. Cancelled Cold War because the beta was terrible and I can still play warzone.
Jim01
AG
Right now I have no games preordered. I plan to give my boys Spider-Man: Miles Morales for Christmas. I haven't had a PS since PS3 so the games of the PlayStation Plus deal will keep me plenty busy for a while (Last of Us, God of War, Uncharted, etc).

I was really looking forward to Kena: Bridge Of Spirits but that got delayed.
Saxsoon
AG
Beyond light, bugsnax, demon souls, and miles are gonna be my launch titles
chizadbot
AG
Wheatables02 said:

mickeyrig06sq3 said:

chadhaught said:

sounds like direct from Sony. My controller has shipped already too. I was offered a pre-sale from Sony for release date delivery...probably since I've had every system since PS2.

Yeah direct from Sony. Got lucky in the lottery I think.
Tabasco
AG
Saxsoon said:

Beyond light, bugsnax, demon souls, and miles are gonna be my launch titles

Bugsnax now delayed until February 2021, and will be free in PS+ that month
Chase McGuire
I believe you're thinking of Destruction All-Stars.

https://www.ign.com/articles/november-2020-free-ps-plus-games-announced-includes-bugsnax-on-ps5

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/10/26/destruction-allstars-coming-to-playstation-plus-in-february/
Chase McGuire
chizadbot
AG
Chase McGuire said:

wow, that looks amazing
jr15aggie
AG
Yeah... looks really good! I'm a huge fan of the Xbox eco system and have a huge library of games so I'm already committed to the Series X. But no lie, this would be day one if it were multi platform. MS has nothing even close to this at launch... ugh... yeah, it looks fantastic!

Y'all enjoy! I haven't played Sekiro yet so I'm looking forward to playing that at 60 fps on the X... so there's that at least.
Chase McGuire
Sekiro is so worth your time. Best combat of any game I've played except for maybe God of War 2018. Enjoy.
Tabasco
AG
Chase McGuire said:

I believe you're thinking of Destruction All-Stars.

https://www.ign.com/articles/november-2020-free-ps-plus-games-announced-includes-bugsnax-on-ps5

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/10/26/destruction-allstars-coming-to-playstation-plus-in-february/

Damn, you are (partially) right. I did slightly confuse the two. All star destruction is delayed to Feb 2021 and will be Feb PS+ game.

Bugsnax will be free PS+ game for November, so no need to buy it.
TriumphForks
AG
Chase McGuire said:

Just watched... I mean... I was already hyped but now it's just not fair that I have to wait two more weeks to play this game.
DallasTeleAg
ROFL... I got anxiety just watching that trailer.

Been a while since I played Sekiro (My last From Software game) and I always forget that feeling of hopelessness when a new impossible looking boss fight begins for the first time. So many other games make boss fights seem just like longer normal gameplay. These games make them an event and true hurdle to overcome.

Those graphics look absolutely amazing and I will for sure give it a shot. Unfortunately, I'll probably be playing Valhalla for a while, followed by Cyberpunk. I will get into Demon's Souls after that. May take me a year to get to it.
chizadbot
AG
TriumphForks said:

Chase McGuire said:

Just watched... I mean... I was already hyped but now it's just not fair that I have to wait two more weeks to play this game.
my only issue here is whoever built the decking in that boss fight did such a bad patchwork job. come on.
Fenrir
DF Unboxing and Reaction of both Consoles
Not a Bot
AG
Probably a union demon.
Jim01
AG
Seems like most reviews I've see they are all gaga for the new DualSense controller. They also seem to agree it seems a bit archaic that the XBox controller uses AA batteries.
TriumphForks
AG

Good grief I am done. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas.
chizadbot
AG
i got my controller and headset. feels real nice. i was able to use the headset on my ps4 b/c it still uses the usb dongle but doesn't look like you can connect the controller to the ps4.
jr15aggie
AG
Jim01 said:

Seems like most reviews I've see they are all gaga for the new DualSense controller. They also seem to agree it seems a bit archaic that the XBox controller uses AA batteries.

Yes, new controller getting lots of great reviews.

And maybe I'm just old, but I much prefer controllers that use AA batteries. I've got a full supply of rechargeables always ready to go. Am not a fan of having to plug in a controller mid game when the batteries die... much prefer a quick battery swap and I'm back in the game & still wireless.
Saxsoon
AG
I typically just buy a super long usb cord and pretty much always leave it plugged in
Fenrir
I just get a charging stand for the controllers and charge after each gaming session.
Not a Bot
AG
Wish I could get my hands on one of these puppies.

Will probably have to wait till January/February to see them available in stores without instantly selling out.
MBAR
AG
The new controller is USB C and most of us already use that for phone charging so I have cords around my couch anyway
AgShaun00
AG
best way to get a ps5? I haven't seen anything on the preorders yet again.
YNWA_AG
AG
Pray

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.