PS5

185,577 Views | 1869 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Brock Sampson
Not a Bot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bangobango said:

So, any of you with kids that want this from Santa? Any backup ideas if you're not able to get one of these?

You can pay $1500 to a scalper. Or you can tell your kid to wait until January or February.
DallasTeleAg
Yep... many of us grown ass men bought the systems so none of the kids get one for Christmas, this year.
ChemAg15
AG
bangobango said:

So, any of you with kids that want this from Santa? Any backup ideas if you're not able to get one of these?

You could explain how Santa only has so many PS5s to pass out and he's giving them to the good kids first.
goodAg80
AG
Santa wants to send a message about the evils of spending all of your time playing video games.
AgsWin2011
AG
A lot of Walmarts showing stock on Brickseek right now. I happened to stop by my local Walmart and they said they were unloading the truck now, but probably won't put them out until morning time.

So frustrating.
goodAg80
AG
Heismenberg said:

A lot of Walmarts showing stock on Brickseek right now. I happened to stop by my local Walmart and they said they were unloading the truck now, but probably won't put them out until morning time.

So frustrating.
Time to fire up the bots. (I wish I could afford to buy a bot).
AgsWin2011
AG
goodAg80 said:

Heismenberg said:

So frustrating.
I'm thinking these will be in store sales only. If I wake up super early tomorrow, I may try to get there before they open. If I don't wake up a couple hours before my alarm, screw it. I'm not going to lose out on sleep before work unless I wake up naturally on my own and am not tired.
goodAg80
AG
Heismenberg said:

goodAg80 said:

Heismenberg said:

So frustrating.
I'm thinking these will be in store sales only. If I wake up super early tomorrow, I may try to get there before they open. If I don't wake up a couple hours before my alarm, screw it. I'm not going to lose out on sleep before work unless I wake up naturally on my own and am not tired.
It's a small thing but the prices on ebay are starting to drop, from $1200-1500 for the disc version (alone) last week. Right now they are selling for about $925 with shipping. Still outrageous, but at least it is the right direction.
bangobango
AG
ChemAg15 said:

bangobango said:

You could explain how Santa only has so many PS5s to pass out and he's giving them to the good kids first.

Lol. Wife and I discussed this tonight after our boys got into another fight.
aggieman00
Last night Call of Duty Black Ops almost killed my Ps5. It errored out during a play session and shut down my ps5. I couldn't get anything to work at first, and had to end up re-building my database. Eventually I got the playstation working again but now I'm getting error code CE-108255-1.

Apparently both of these are issues Sony is aware of and are common right now. I'm disappointed. I'm not going to touch my PS5 today.
goodAg80
AG
Heismenberg said:

goodAg80 said:

Heismenberg said:

So frustrating.
I saw no signs that this happened. Did you go to the store?
BigNastyNate
AG
I went to a few stores in the DFW area that showed 6+ on Brickseek.

All of the stores had them, people lined up from starting at 4 or 5 am this morning to get one.

The good news is they had them... I just haven't gotten one yet.
AgsWin2011
AG
goodAg80 said:

Heismenberg said:

goodAg80 said:

Heismenberg said:

So frustrating.
I saw no signs that this happened. Did you go to the store?
No, even though I woke up randomly at 3am, I decided not to go and get some sleep.

Plus the fact, last night around 8-9pm they went from having 6+ in stock to out of stock.
fav13andac1)c
AG
bangobango said:

This could be the right time to break the inevitable news that Santa isn't real.
Cromagnum
AG
Until HZD and a few other must haves are ready to go, I'm just going to keep on waiting. By then hopefully and all black version will be ready to go, or a special edition bundle or something.
fig96
AG
Brickseek showed nothing available anywhere in the Austin area, I might've been tempted to take a trip had anything showed up.
TriumphForks
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

Yep... many of us grown ass men bought the systems so none of the kids get one for Christmas, this year.
AgShaun00
AG
with the reports of glitches, it might be best to wait.
AgsWin2011
AG
AgShaun00 said:

with the reports of glitches, it might be best to wait.

I'm starting to think the same thing. I have a Series X already but was hoping to get the PS5 as well to finish up a few PS4 exclusives that are in my back log.
FatZilla
AG
Cromagnum said:

Until HZD and a few other must haves are ready to go, I'm just going to keep on waiting. By then hopefully and all black version will be ready to go, or a special edition bundle or something.
Speaking of HZD, they put up the info page for the expansion Forbidden West in the store.
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/horizon-forbidden-west/
When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth!
Phat32
AG
Brickseek showing stock for both systems near me at Walmart. Might drop by in morning to see what's up.
BigNastyNate
AG
Where you located?
AggieKatie2
AG
yukmonkey said:

Brickseek showing stock for both systems near me at Walmart. Might drop by in morning to see what's up.

Yeah it was definitely wrong about their being 6+ at the Walmart near me
AgsWin2011
AG
They were showing 6+ at the Walmart close to my work last night. I woke up randomly at 3:30 and checked and it still showed 6+. I said screw it and went back to sleep. I wasn't going to get there at 4:30, wait 2.5 hours for them to tell me they didn't have any or be towards the back of a line just to miss out. Not worth it.
AgsWin2011
AG
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Phat32
AG
My Walmart still shows 6+ and is 5 minutes away, so I'm gonna go check it out. If there's a line or any of that garbage, I'll just turn around.
Phat32
AG
yukmonkey said:

My Walmart still shows 6+ and is 5 minutes away, so I'm gonna go check it out. If there's a line or any of that garbage, I'll just turn around.
They still showed "6+" but had given out tickets at 6AM. Sold out by 6:30AM.

Yeah, I'll just wait until stocks are normal and Amazon brings it to my door for free.
dcaggie04
AG
So, 2026.
Phat32
AG
dcaggie04 said:

So, 2026.
Nah, February.
fig96
AG
Broncos
If anyone landed one for their kid as a Christmas gift and their kid has found themself on the naughty list my DM's are open.
EastSideAg2002
Current PS5 deliveries:

AgsWin2011
AG
They ended up removing the PS5 from the Brickseek site that showed when and which Walmart stores had them in stock.

Now you just have to randomly go or be there every morning. LOL
videoag98
AG
Here is a little hack you can use. This is all brickseek was doing with some scripting trickery.

1. Download the Walmart phone App
2. Open it and at the top Where it ays "Search online and stores", click the UPC bar code thing at the far right
3. it will open your camera to scan, but at the top there is a keyboard icon, click it to manually enter UPC
4. Enter the UPC for the item you want (see below for PS5 and XBOX)
5. At the top there are now two tabs, Walmart.com, and At Your Store, Click at Your Store
6. If any are in stock at your store, it will show up here.
7. Click Change to check surrounding areas.

Check when the stores are closed and if you see stock. Be there first thing in the morning when they open
Not sure how the lines are with PS5. I got an Xbox Series X this morning using the App. I was the 2nd one there.
By the time I checked out, there was 7 people in line.

PS5 digital
UPC: 711719541035

Xbox Series X
UPC: 889842640724

Xbox Series S
UPC: 889842651317

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.