PS5

185,569 Views | 1869 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Brock Sampson
XXXVII
How long do you want to ignore this user?
V8Aggie said:

Pretty sure PS5s haven't released yet and this whole thread is a marketing gimmick.

POTY
fka ftc
I have found myself with a PS5 that was gifted to my 11.5yo son. With the limited availability and not really ready for 4HD gaming, i have not paid much attention to the games.

Any recs for non FPS games? Would like to deviate from violence unless its Mario vs Bowser or Crash mowing some guys down.

We have primarily been on Switch last few years so games such as the Super Mario games that allow 2, 3 and 4 players have been a hit with us. Any recs?

And yes, I may have already pre-ordered Madden 22 after having played it on the Sega Genesis, and PS ,1 2, 3 and 4.
"The absence of the word accountability is not the same as wanting no accountability" -unknown

"You can never go wrong by staying silent if there is nothing apt to say" -Walter Isaacson
YNWA_AG
AG
Rachet and clank rift apart
degreedy
AG
fka ftc said:

my 11.5yo son
never heard it phrased like this before. you could have also said 138 month old son.
Jim01
AG
My 10 yr old has enjoyed playing:
- Astros Playroom
- Miles Morales
- Rachet and Clank
- Horizon: Zero Dawn
fka ftc
NPH- said:

fka ftc said:

my 11.5yo son
never heard it phrased like this before. you could have also said 138 month old son.
He changes and grows more now then he did when we counted by months! his first year.
"The absence of the word accountability is not the same as wanting no accountability" -unknown

"You can never go wrong by staying silent if there is nothing apt to say" -Walter Isaacson
ExPLK
AG
NPH! Lol

We gonna get a team together and shoot people when the new BF comes out?
degreedy
AG
No doubt... I've built up a tremendous amount of goodwill with Mrs.NPH- over the last couple of months in anticipation for the hours I will no doubt be killing on the new BF.

She only thought I had grown-out of gaming... little did she know I was merely hibernating.
atmhockey
AG
I'm in for some BF team (like days of old)...but I can't find a PS5 in stock.
ExPLK
AG
atmhockey said:

I'm in for some BF team (like days of old)...but I can't find a PS5 in stock.

Not sure if this helps but I followed this guy on Twitter and turned on notifications. He tweets when any store drops them. I did this for about a week and scored one from Best Buy. I jumped on it right away and used both phone and computer at same time. YMMV. Hopefully you can get one so we can shoot people with NPH.

https://twitter.com/mattswider?s=21
ExPLK
AG
ATMHockey - do you live in DFW area?
atmhockey
AG
ExPLK said:

Yes I do. 121/Tollway area.
ExPLK
AG
atmhockey said:

ExPLK said:

Awesome - I'm just down the way on 121/75. I scored you a PS5 just now from Best Buy. It is the disc version. It's yours if you want it for the cost I paid for it. Just let me know your email and we can figure out a time/place to meet up.
atmhockey
AG
ExPLK said:

atmhockey said:

ExPLK said:

Awesome - I'm just down the way on 121/75. I scored you a PS5 just now from Best Buy. It is the disc version. It's yours if you want it for the cost I paid for it. Just let me know your email and we can figure out a time/place to meet up.
That is awesome. I'm in. I wanted the disc version anyhow!
ExPLK
AG
atmhockey said:

ExPLK said:

atmhockey said:

ExPLK said:

That is awesome. I'm in. I wanted the disc version anyhow! email is aversusb at gmail dot com

Cool. Email sent. I seem to get lucky when they drop. Happy to help anyone else out that may need one. Not looking to make any money off of this...just hope to have some more people to play with online.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Horizon Forbidden west will be delayed to 2022 it seems

Claude!
Is that the same Jeff Grubb that did a lot of D&D stuff?
La Vernia_Ag06
AG
ExPLK - would your offer extend to others outside of the DFW area?
Cromagnum
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

Horizon Forbidden west will be delayed to 2022 it seems

So will my PS5 purchase.
ExPLK
AG
La Vernia_Ag06 said:

ExPLK - would your offer extend to others outside of the DFW area?

I'd be happy to help. Just not sure how I could get it to you. Open to working with you.
Not a Bot
AG
Interesting context on supply versus demand issues with PS5. They've sold 10 million of them and over a shorter period of time than it took the PS4.

The demand for this console is insane. They are only barely behind the launch of the Wii in terms of console sales/day.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/07/putting-the-ps5s-10-million-sales-in-context/
Max Power
AG
I had a feeling it wasn't going to make it out this year. I do wonder if the game truly won't be finished, or if they were hoping to get more PS5's in circulation first since there's a lot of buzz around this game. The graphics are so insanely good that even someone like me who has the PS4 would be forced to upgrade to get the PS5 just to get the full experience. I don't even have the PS4 Pro so I do wonder if the regular PS4 will get bogged down due to the graphics.
atmhockey
AG
OK...I had heard about the new Dualsense features but I am blown away. Astro's Playroom is crazy. I know that it is a glorified tech demo but dang if it wasn't a blast to play!

To see, hear and feel like you are on ice, mud or sand is a crazy sensation.
ExPLK
AG
They need to add in the "smell" sense like they do at some of the rides at Disney. That way your media room can smell like ammunition or field turf while you play.
Fenrir
Not looking forward to the Conker's Bad Fur Day remake if they add in smell.
Leeman
Still have not been able to find one for sale (at list price). :-(
ExPLK
AG
Game stop has had the last two inventory sales with the latest this morning at 10am but they were package deals with games, colored controllers and PS+ memberships (at full price). I didn't try for them because I figured most wouldn't want all the extra stuff at full price. The cheapest was $609+tax for the digital version.
AgsWin2011
AG
I read somewhere that Walmart was about to start stocking in store again. Not sure if true, just something I read within the last day or so.
ExPLK
AG
Walmart will have a restock today that will go online at 2pm CT.
ChemAg15
AG
Don't the bots wipe out Walmart almost instantly?
Leeman
I'll give it a go again, any tips ? I've tried before and failed.
Dumpster Fire
that went fast. I refreshed for an entire 5 minutes prior and up to to 2pm and they are gone.
Leeman
yep...sucks
The Lost
I've basically given up at this point. Hopefully they're easily available by the time NCAA football comes out in a few years.
fig96
AG
I haven't even tried in like 4 months.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.