PS5

185,693 Views | 1869 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Brock Sampson
FL_Ag1998
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Captain Positivity said:

Successfully added to cart multiple times. Got through checkout, but got stuck in an infinite loop of "Press and Hold" to verify your identity and order wouldn't go through.

I hate WalMart. I hate the chip shortage.

That press and hold verification crap was the reason I gave up on Walmart.
XXXVII
YNWA_AG said:

Plus 60fps patch for zero dawn out now

Why would anyone pre-order a game these days when you can download it digitally in like 10-30 min the day it comes out?
MaroonStain
AG
XXXVII said:

YNWA_AG said:

Plus 60fps patch for zero dawn out now

Why would anyone pre-order a game these days when you can download it digitally in like 10-30 min the day it comes out?

Beta access and pre-order shwag?
ExPLK
AG
Another shot.

Gilligan
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

Captain Positivity said:

Successfully added to cart multiple times. Got through checkout, but got stuck in an infinite loop of "Press and Hold" to verify your identity and order wouldn't go through.

Has anyone gotten around this "feature?"

It sure does suck!
ExPLK
AG
Gilligan said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

Captain Positivity said:

Has anyone gotten around this "feature?"

It sure does suck!

Unfortunately no. You just gotta keep plugging away. Eventually it lets you in.
Fenrir
Keep an eye on the Amazon treasure truck. It wasn't too bad. I imagine any additional stock they have for a while ends up going through that avenue.
Propane & Accessories
AG
Fenrir said:

Keep an eye on the Amazon treasure truck. It wasn't too bad. I imagine any additional stock they have for a while ends up going through that avenue.
If real consumers don't buy them scalpers definitely will
The Count of Monte Carlo
If you're in Houston still looking for one let me know. I have a disc version available at cost for local pick up. Ags only, please. Thanks.

j w t e x a g s @ gmail
Southside AG
AG
Email sent.
The Count of Monte Carlo
Got it.
ExPLK
AG
The Count of Monte Carlo said:

If you're in Houston still looking for one let me know. I have a disc version available at cost for local pick up. Ags only, please. Thanks.

j w t e x a g s @ gmail

Good on you man!
Tibbers
Hey guys, my coworker tasked me with helping him find a PS5. I had no idea how difficult this really is. Is the best method to use twitter to find out when the next restock will be for Amazon/Target/Walmart/Best Buy? Help me make my coworker's dreams come true.
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
Tibbers said:

Hey guys, my coworker tasked me with helping him find a PS5. I had no idea how difficult this really is. Is the best method to use twitter to find out when the next restock will be for Amazon/Target/Walmart/Best Buy? Help me make my coworker's dreams come true.

StockDrops, prayer, and luck.
ExPLK
AG
Tibbers said:

I recommend setting up your accounts with each store now as it will simplify the process. Then follow the guy below and turn on notifications. He will post about 5-10 mins before they drop. Use both your phone and your computer to login at that store and click the link he provides. About 1 minute before, hit refresh on both devices until it becomes available. Once you get into cart checkout as fast as you can. Some luck is definitely involved but you can maximize your chances by following the above.

https://twitter.com/mattswider?s=21
Tibbers
cool cool!
FL_Ag1998
AG
ExPLK said:

Tibbers said:

I recommend setting up your accounts with each store now as it will simplify the process. Then follow the guy below and turn on notifications. He will post about 5-10 mins before they drop. Use both your phone and your computer to login at that store and click the link he provides. About 1 minute before, hit refresh on both devices until it becomes available. Once you get into cart checkout as fast as you can. Some luck is definitely involved but you can maximize your chances by following the above.

https://twitter.com/mattswider?s=21

I'll also add that if you can get one in the cart but it tells you at checkout that they're sold out, don't give and don't go back to the main page. Just keep hitting refresh with it in your cart. You might get lucky, that's how I scored mine. Plus, just because sites say they're dropping at a certain time don't give uo if you don't one right at that moment. Stores will often release them in 5-10 minute waves. If they're dropping at Target at 10 a.m. keep hitting refresh for another 15 to maybe even 30 minutes.
YouBet
AG
I take it that the going price of almost $900 for an Xbox is now the norm?
ExPLK
AG
YouBet said:

If you buy from a scalper, yes. If you buy from a store, it should be the normal price.
YouBet
AG
ExPLK said:

YouBet said:

If you buy from a scalper, yes. If you buy from a store, it should be the normal price.
I'm seeing almost $900 on Wal-Mart.
dcaggie04
AG
YouBet said:

ExPLK said:

YouBet said:

I'm seeing almost $900 on Wal-Mart.

That is not sold by Walmart. That is a third party using walmart's site.
Fenrir
Was going to say that today's showcase was a bit underwhelming but then they hit us with Insomniac Wolverine and new God of War.
YNWA_AG
AG
Star Wars and Spider-Man 2 update was great news as well
Max Power
AG

Gran Turismo 7 looks incredible, the return of career mode makes me so happy. I'm still looking forward to Horizon Zero Dawn the most for next year. I really wish there would have been some gameplay shown for Wolverine and KOTOR. If I had a PS5, HZD2 and GT7 I'd be set for a long time.
hph6203
AG
Wolverine and KOTOR aren't coming out any time soon, which is why you didn't see any gameplay.
dcaggie04
AG
Yeah, earliest wolverine is coming out is 2024. I think it will be out in 2025.
Tibbers
This **** is impossible to find.
Chase McGuire
Deathloop reviews are even better than I expected. Love everything about Arkane and am so ready for this one.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-5/deathloop
Fenrir
I was not particularly interested in it when the original trailers came out. Those trailers didn't do much for me and I have never been a big fan of the Dishonored series. The launch trailer though actually piqued my interest. I watched the first few minutes of a walkthrough on youtube just to get a better feel for it and it is definitely one I plan on picking up eventually when PS5s aren't considered mythical creatures.
Teslag
AG
Is this legit? Should I even bother trying?
hph6203
AG
They do have a system where they send out those emails. Whether that particular email is legit who knows. Check the domain of the sender, and check the domain overall url of the linked site to confirm it's all Sony/PlayStation.
Teslag
AG
It's definitely from PlayStation/Sony. Just wondering if it's a mass ad
ExPLK
AG
It is legit.

Fenrir
No I think they limit who gets the email. I got one before but not this time.
hph6203
AG
It's a limited lottery/priority system. Not just to everyone with a PSN account.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.