PS5

185,627 Views | 1869 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Brock Sampson
DallasTeleAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My only concern on that Amazon one is that it says "Estimated Delivery: Not yet Available"

Are we sure this is the pre-order? They aren't going to come around and say this is for the second round of units.

If we are certain it is the official pre-order, then I will cancel my Gamestop one and get this one, instead.
TriumphForks
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

My only concern on that Amazon one is that it says "Estimated Delivery: Not yet Available"

Are we sure this is the pre-order? They aren't going to come around and say this is for the second round of units.

If we are certain it is the official pre-order, then I will cancel my Gamestop one and get this one, instead.
Looking at my Amazon order history mine says "Pre-Ordered. Release Date: Thursday, November 12".
DallasTeleAg
Yeah, I see that too.

Cool, gonna cancel my order through Gamestop.
Post removed:
by user
Jim01
AG
Very annoying indeed.

I was able to grab a disc version from Target early in the night However I want a digital and have like $300 in gift cards at Amazon so was really gunning for that. Looks like they popped up like 30 minutes after I went to bed. Ugh!

Hopefully more pop up on Amazon. I really don't need the disc version.
Tabasco
AG
I think it was just a few minutes on amazon. Word is an employee posted a back door link on Twitter. Amazons actual preorder is today
AgRN16
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

Dallas. I would love to buy your Gamestop preorder off your hands if your willing to not cancel it. I can get you the cash in advance. Also I am local, live in the Dallas Area.
ac04
Tabasco said:

I think it was just a few minutes on amazon. Word is an employee posted a back door link on Twitter. Amazons actual preorder is today
yeah i found it via twitter. when i searched "PS5" on amazon there were no results but i was able to get in and order from the twitter link. hope it doesn't get cancelled or anything.
BowSowy
AG
MaroonStain said:

Stupid question warning:

Will PS4 controllers work on PS5? I know probably not but see above warning.

What about headset? Will PS4 gold work on PS5?

A new rig + 2nd controller + headset is going to be COSTLY.
I believe they've said the PS4 controllers won't work on PS5, since the DS5 controllers have all that haptic feedback stuff. No idea about the headsets
tamusc
AG
BowSowy said:

MaroonStain said:

Stupid question warning:

Will PS4 controllers work on PS5? I know probably not but see above warning.

What about headset? Will PS4 gold work on PS5?

A new rig + 2nd controller + headset is going to be COSTLY.
I believe they've said the PS4 controllers won't work on PS5, since the DS5 controllers have all that haptic feedback stuff. No idea about the headsets

The PS4 controllers will work on the PS5, but only for playing backwards compatible PS4 games on it.
fig96
AG
So any thoughts on where else to look at pre-ordering?

It's funny how much I was like, "enh, I guess I'll pre-order" until the time actually came then I was suddenly swearing at my web browser, Target, Best Buy, etc.
CFTXAG10
AG
fig96 said:

It's funny how much I was like, "enh, I guess I'll pre-order" until the time actually came then I was suddenly swearing at my web browser, Target, Best Buy, etc.
I have not been able to find anything this morning. I was one of the unfortunate many that had it carted on Best Buy and couldn't get through the ordering process. I am hoping some of these sellers can get extra supply put online prior to Nov. 12th.
Jim01
AG
Sam's has teh disc version, but outside of that nothing.

https://www.samsclub.com/p/ps5-pre-order/prod24980181?xid=plp_product_1
jrod2181
I think I was able to get a bundle from gamestop. System, two controllers, spiderman, some other game and 1 year psn card. 749. I got the confirmation number and it says in progress on order search page but have not received an email or been charged.
fig96
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

fig96 said:

I have not been able to find anything this morning. I was one of the unfortunate many that had it carted on Best Buy and couldn't get through the ordering process. I am hoping some of these sellers can get extra supply put online prior to Nov. 12th.
Yup, same on BB.

Keeping an eye on Costco but nothing yet.
chizadbot
AG
i guess i had done this previously bc i got an email from Sony last night saying i could pre-order from them on Friday.

anyway, here's the link to enter your psn name to let them know you want to pre order, then they'll send you an email with instructions on how/when you can.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/campaigns/2020/ps5-direct-pre-orders/
Jim01
AG
Yeah I think that is a lottery type situation. I signed up a while back but didn't get selected.
Chase McGuire
Same. It can't hurt to try, but you also have to get lucky. Don't rely on it if you find one you can snag from a different retailer.
Ted Lasso
Jim01 said:

Yeah I think that is a lottery type situation. I signed up a while back but didn't get selected.

Dont think thats a lottery. IIRC they are going to offer consoles based on usage, amount of purchases, etc and work their way down
Chase McGuire
It may as well be a lottery. Even if there are rules to it, no one has any idea how many pre-order opportunities they'll give out or where a user sits on the wait list.
MBAR
AG
I got one through BB last night, but honestly I'm 100% certain that more will go on sale before release date.
TriumphForks
AG
MBAR said:

I got one through BB last night, but honestly I'm 100% certain that more will go on sale before release date.
They will probably trickle out but will be gone quickly.
Jim01
AG
FYI, Walmart.com has some going up at 8:00 CST

And nevermind. Sold out immediately. I refreshed the second it hit 8:00, got one in cart and it wouldn't check out and they were gone.
AgRN16
AG
Jim01 said:

FYI, Walmart.com has some going up at 8:00 CST

Website not working, intermittent and says check back
YNWA_AG
AG
They sold out in less than 2 minutes anyways
tamusc
AG
Yeah, I had my address and payment info in ahead of time and hit Place Order within 30 seconds of 8. Still didn't get one.
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
Snagged one. Got it in the cart and went to confirm my address, pop up message: "Sorry, sold out, click Back to Cart".

Clicked the button in defeat, but it was still in my cart. Screw it, I'll keep confirming my address over and over, got nothing better to do. After about the 10th time telling me it was out of stock, it went to payment selection and submit. Got my order confirmation screen afterwards.
IDAg10
AG
I got extremely lucky and was able to snag the Walmart pre-order that just happened. They must have had a really small quantity to start with.
DallasTeleAg
I had to reply back to TriumphForks to reiterate how grateful I am for that link, you posted.

Good Bull, my friend.
Chase McGuire

This guy is a great resource if you're looking for pre-order links as they go up.
Jim01
AG
Yeah that's what happened to me. Did that cycle like 25 times until eventually it took it out of my cart.
easttexasaggie04
AG
Will the new Spiderman be available at launch?
Jim01
AG
Yes.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/9/16/21440554/sony-ps5-launch-games-free-upgrades-ps4-spiderman-miles-morales-horizon-forbidden-west
Tabasco
AG
Love how Sony Playstation has the "Play Has No Limits" saying. Click to order... "Currently Unavailable."
Tabasco
AG
Also, looked up the storage for the PS5, since I had not seen it yet. Found this.

825GB SSD at 5.5-9GB/sec; NVMe SSD slot; support for USB HDD

I thought damn. Yes I know its an SSD, but the first thing I did when I got my OG PS4 at launch was to put in a 2 terabyte drive in. How seamless and user friendly are the usb drives?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.