PS5

185,657 Views | 1869 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Brock Sampson
XXXVII
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I wasn't expecting to get one today, but does anyone know the restocking plans for most stores between now and Christmas?
AgsWin2011
AG
I got to confirm order and then "Oh deer".... F you Walmart!!!!
SquirrellyDan
AG
Heismenberg said:

I got to confirm order and then "Oh deer".... F you Walmart!!!!
same thing happened to me three times today. Was on the final step for payment
FatZilla
AG
TexAgBolter said:

Has anyone on here actually gotten a confirmed order from Walmart today? I'm convince they only had a few units.

Just got one on the last batch. Giant cluster**** it was. I had to save a ps5 from the 5pm batch active in the cart the whole time (active session, never left page or clicked checkout during the whole time) and went straight to checkout when it went live (once in stock and "add to cart" enabled, i finally clicked checkout on old session). Still took 7 mins to get it through after multiple reloads, multiple captchas and multiple re-clicking my payment methods and entering cvv code.

So yes, they are real, even if a giant PITA to get.

Tabasco
AG
texsn95 said:

I got to where I could select the saved payment card, then I had to scream down at my wife for the 3 digit code, she said 014...I enter it....no wait, 015!!!! Fucccccccccckkkkkk too late
O M G !!!
Not a Bot
AG
Amazon dumped a few units this afternoon. I'm refreshing there every hour and half hour to see if another batch pops up. Best Buy as well.
Tabasco
AG
FatZilla said:

TexAgBolter said:

Has anyone on here actually gotten a confirmed order from Walmart today? I'm convince they only had a few units.

Just got one on the last batch. Giant cluster**** it was. I had to save a ps5 from the 5pm batch active in the cart the whole time (active session, never left page or clicked checkout during the whole time) and went straight to checkout when it went live (once in stock and "add to cart" enabled, i finally clicked checkout on old session). Still took 7 mins to get it through after multiple reloads, multiple captchas and multiple re-clicking my payment methods and entering cvv code.

So yes, they are real, even if a giant PITA to get.

Brilliant!
goodAg80
AG
no luck again. Will try BB in the morning.
Party Boy
goodAg80 said:

no luck again. Will try BB in the morning.
Big Boobs?
goodAg80
AG
All night too.
DallasTeleAg
Question: Does Amazon text you or let you know they are coming? My Tracking number says it will be delivered tomorrow before 10pm and requires a signature, but I have to be in the office. Want to run home quickly, if it's delivered during the day.
FatZilla
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

Question: Does Amazon text you or let you know they are coming? My Tracking number says it will be delivered tomorrow before 10pm and requires a signature, but I have to be in the office. Want to run home quickly, if it's delivered during the day.

If its Amazon delivery TBAxxxx number, if you have the app installed it will almost always let you know when your package is like 10 stops away. Sometimes thats 2+ hours, sometimes 20mins. You might check in the app updating delivery instructions to see if you can waive the signature/have it put on back porch etc. Check early morning around 8am in the app, it will give you a 2hr window in there most times as well. If you have Amazon Key, they might deliver it in garage without a signature.

DallasTeleAg
Thanks, I'll try the app. It is Amazon delivery.

Back in college, I once tracked down the UPS truck as it was unloading into another truck, to get a package of mine. If I miss it, I will go tracking down the Amazon truck.
RadAg14
AG
PS5 controller is sooooooo good
goodAg80
AG
Tabasco
AG
RadAg14 said:

PS5 controller is sooooooo good

This!
texsn95
AG
The Target in Copperfield had 40 people waiting in line for 3 PS5s this morning.
BarryProfit
So when is next Walmart drop?
MW03
AG
BarryProfit said:

So when is next Walmart drop?

Based on yesterday, I don't think it matters.
AgsWin2011
AG
goodAg80 said:

So if he sells those for those prices he's getting somewhere in the neighborhood of $45k (netting about $22k)
MW03
AG
goodAg80 said:

Tex117
AG
Astrobot has no business being as good as it is. What a great little game.
XXXVII
Tex117 said:

Astrobot has no business being as good as it is. What a great little game.

LOOK AT ME! I HAVE A PS5!
Chase McGuire
It really is an amazing console. You guys should try it sometime.

(But seriously, hope everyone can grab one soon.)
Proposition Joe
Heismenberg said:

goodAg80 said:

So if he sells those for those prices he's getting somewhere in the neighborhood of $45k (netting about $22k)

You have to factor in bot rental price.
DallasTeleAg
Amazon still shows mine as being delivered, today by 10pm, but not showing as Out for Delivery, yet.

third
AG
Got my Target pre-order!
Jim01
AG
Mine is out for delivery.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
MBAR
AG
When I picked mine up at BB at 6am the line was pretty long, but by the time I got through it seemed like it was non existent. I guess they just scheduled everyone at the same time to pick it up which kinda defeats the purpose I think.

Been trying out my ps4 games for the most part and the stuff that runs at 60 fps looks great. The 4k is fine, but honestly for me its 60 fps or bust.
YNWA_AG
AG
Played a decent bit of miles. Graphics are crazy in 4K HDR
aggiematt05
My initial impression is that the machine itself is very large. Size aside, I will say that compared to the Xbox Series X, the games look much better on the PS5.
AgsWin2011
AG
Which games have you compared that run on both the Series X and PS5? I have the Series X and am currently trying to find a PS5. I'm not a fan boy of either console, as I enjoy both systems for different reasons.
aggiematt05
I played Spiderman and Demon Souls on PS5 both very pretty. On series X, I played Assassins Creed Valhalla. I felt that Assassins Creed felt very much like an Xbox one game. I do not tend to play the same games on both consoles.

In terms of finding a PS5, I got lucky and scored one through Gamestop during the September launch, granted it was the mega big dick package and so more than I needed.
BaytownAg13
AG
I read an article comparing the performance of the Devil May Cry SE on both consoles and the conclusion was that it is basically a wash. There is not a significant difference between the consoles when it comes to performance this generation, which is great for gamers!
I can tell you that the Dual Sense feels like a next generation controller. The new Xbox controller is essentially a slightly improved version of the previous generation.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.