PS5

185,623 Views | 1869 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Brock Sampson
Gomer95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I got one at Wal Mart! Ships by 1/8. All I can say is keep trying.
TexAgBolter
AG
No luck here.
Juan Solo
AG
Was able to get one from BB today
tylercsbn9
AG
I got an Xbox x on bbuy. Curbside pick up Monday.

I made it to the payment page on WM. Literally took three seconds because I had everything saved and it went out of stock.

Best Buy took much longer because they had to send a verification code. Thought well I'm ****ed, but went through.
bangobango
AG
are y'all getting these from the BB website or in person at the store?
degreedy
AG
tylercsbn9 said:

I made it to the payment page on WM. Literally took three seconds because I had everything saved and it went out of stock.

Best Buy took much longer because they had to send a verification code. Thought well I'm ****ed, but went through.
on best buy... did you wait for the "Please wait" button to pop back up yellow or did you have to refresh to add it to your cart?
srob2004
AG
on website... but they are for in-store/curb-side pickup only.
Tabasco
AG
Dick Winters said:

tylercsbn9 said:

on best buy... did you wait for the "Please wait" button to pop back up yellow or did you have to refresh to add it to your cart?
wait for "please wait" to turn yellow on it's own without refreshing page.
tylercsbn9
AG
bangobango said:

are y'all getting these from the BB website or in person at the store?

Website

For store pick up.

For the person that asked I waited for the button to turn yellow. It refreshed on its own.

The ability to get one probably is determined by the store. I saw people on Reddit switching it up to stores close to them that had more availability rather than the one that defaults as closest. Mine naturally defaulted to the one in Cypress off 290 which is the closest to me as well. That's where my pick up is.
TexAgBolter
AG
Ps direct queue opens in 20 or so minutes. They seem to have changed up the process.
goodAg80
AG
Thanks
Jackie Daytona
AG
Your estimated wait time is: more than an hour
MW03
AG
HA!

I was in the room and logged in when the queue was 48 seconds from starting. At zero, I got a message that I had been placed in the waiting room and "would be let in shortly"

Now it says "more than an hour" hahahahahaha

This is madness
2012Ag
AG
5 mins for me
Jackie Daytona
AG
hope you get one!!
2012Ag
AG
Thanks! I'm so anxious right now. 3 mins...
2012Ag
AG
Out. Damn what a let down
Jackie Daytona
AG
damn, that sucks. i keep saying i'm giving up, but i still try every time
goodAg80
AG
Think of it as a video game that you have to keep at until you beat the boss.
ChemAg15
AG
Mine still says there are consoles available and I'm still in the queue
goodAg80
AG
2012Ag said:

Out. Damn what a let down
It's strange, but it says I am still in the queue. You would think they would throw me out if they don't have any.

TexAgBolter
AG
Me too. Last update says available still well after the above poster said they are out.
Jackie Daytona
AG
tweets saying Digital PS5 is out of stock
ChemAg15
AG
Aaaaaaand they're out
Jackie Daytona
AG
I can do that
TexAgBolter
AG
Yep
2012Ag
AG
I saw on Twitter that cellular on phones works best for the direct queue. Not sure how true that is but between that and my PC on wifi it was my phone with the short wait time.
TriumphForks
AG
goodAg80 said:

Think of it as a video game that you have to keep at until you beat the boss.
You are going to be prepared for Demon's Souls.
Chase McGuire
Forgot to post my Demon's Souls thoughts. Starting with graphics, it's the most beautiful game I've ever played by a long shot. Absolutely gorgeous.

I've played FromSoft's other games many times, but this one was new to me. I'm so glad I waited for the remake. It isn't as refined, challenging or balanced as its successors, but it has that FromSoft feel in its bones. Highly recommend to everyone. Just be ready to die a lot.

And now I'll wait for Elden Ring.
TriumphForks
AG
Chase McGuire said:

Forgot to post my Demon's Souls thoughts. Starting with graphics, it's the most beautiful game I've ever played by a long shot. Absolutely gorgeous.

I've played FromSoft's other games many times, but this one was new to me. I'm so glad I waited for the remake. It isn't as refined, challenging or balanced as its successors, but it has that FromSoft feel in its bones. Highly recommend to everyone. Just be ready to die a lot.

And now I'll wait for Elden Ring.
Agree on all counts. As far as what BluePoint did to the game, it is a home run no question. It runs like a dream as well. Very minimal if any frame drops. I took the opposite approach... I binged the PS3 version right before the remake came out and IMO it helped me appreciate just how well done the remake is. It's more than just a fresh coat of paint. It also helps me appreciate Miyazaki's vision even more having played the original. Dude was truly a game changer in the most literal sense of the word and was way ahead of his time. Warts and all, this game is a treasure. I'm glad that this game has been as hyped up as it has been, since it never broke past "cult following" status on the PS3. I've heard a LOT of positive feedback from people for who the remake is their first "Souls" game.
Chase McGuire
Totally agree. I hope people give this one a shot as an introduction to Souls, because the games are incredibly rewarding. And I'd still say Dark Souls 1 and 3, Bloodborne and Sekiro are all better video games than this one, so it should open new fans up to even better experiences as they dig into the backlog.
ChemAg15
AG
That backlog of PS4 games is what I'm most looking forward about the PS5. Right now all I have is a switch. Before that I had an Xbox 360. There is a decade worth of games that I've not experienced. What are the can't-miss games I should start out playing when I finally get my hands on a PS5 in 2022?
FightinTexasAg15
AG
ChemAg15 said:

That backlog of PS4 games is what I'm most looking forward about the PS5. Right now all I have is a switch. Before that I had an Xbox 360. There is a decade worth of games that I've not experienced. What are the can't-miss games I should start out playing when I finally get my hands on a PS5 in 2022?

God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn for sure
Chase McGuire
https://nordic.ign.com/god-of-war/24244/feature/best-ps4-games-2020-from-new-titles-to-remakes-of-classics

This list is a good start.
AgsWin2011
AG
I love the Uncharted Series. They did a "remastered" version of the first 3 games. The 4th one that came out a few years ago for PS4 was incredible.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.