PS5

185,570 Views | 1869 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Brock Sampson
Tabasco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

Same on my end.

Amazon is pissing me off. Last time I pre order from them. I should have kept my Gamestop preorder with all the extra stuff.
I'm not worried, as long as it is day one. They always have the "by 8pm" which has no bearing if it comes at noon or 7pm. They are probably hedging with the anticipation of heavier traffic.
Fenrir
DallasTeleAg said:

Same on my end.

Amazon is pissing me off. Last time I pre order from them. I should have kept my Gamestop preorder with all the extra stuff.

10 or so years ago amazon was the best for video games. Now it feels like they are an after thought for them.
Jim01
AG
Damn, my Target changed from a window of 13th-16th to Wed, Nov 18th. Damn you Target!!!

Amazon order of Miles Morales shipped today with launch day arrival. Not that that does me any good.
Ted Lasso
Same here. Still haven't charged card or released shipping details, but looking like next week at this point. Oh well, at least I was able to preorder.
DallasTeleAg
Yep. At a point now where even a week later is better than a month.
goodAg80
AG
Game Stop says they have no new systems coming on Nov 12 via a chat dialog.
Wheatables02
AG
I have my PS4 and PC connected to the same monitor at my desk. Any recommendations for this or should I seperate them for my PS5 that arrives on Thursday?

I am interested in buying a 2k monitor or TV for the PS5 - at least 144 hz, 1 ms on the monitor....but if you all recommend TV what do I need? Trying to keep it at 32" or less..
hph6203
AG
I wouldn't go the TV route at 32" if you're used to playing your console on a monitor. TVs that size generally aren't very good.
Bryan98
AG
Best TV advice: Wait til next year, when all the features of the new consoles will be more widely supported. Right now there are tons of TVs that will hit multiple new features, but not simultaneously. If I splash out for a new TV, I want it to do everything my console can do.
"Texas - It's still America down here!"
tamusc
AG
First, the PS5 doesn't output 2K. No clue why Sony decided to do that or if they address it with an update in the future. So you're stuck with 1080P or 4K. 4K won't be a great option for a monitor because there's not currently a monitor on the market with HDMI 2.1, so you'd be stuck with 4K 60fps.

So, really your best bet us something like the LG CX 48" OLED or waiting because that's currently the smallest TV that supports all the features you want.
Wheatables02
AG
tamusc said:

First, the PS5 doesn't output 2K. No clue why Sony decided to do that or if they address it with an update in the future. So you're stuck with 1080P or 4K. 4K won't be a great option for a monitor because there's not currently a monitor on the market with HDMI 2.1, so you'd be stuck with 4K 60fps.

So, really your best bet us something like the LG CX 48" OLED or waiting because that's currently the smallest TV that supports all the features you want.
Thank you. I am currently running a Samsung 4k 60 hz so I guess I will enjoy that for a while..
jock1020
AG
I didn't get a preorder so my only hope was Costco potentially getting them. I called around and they said they didn't have any in order at their store.

Does anyone have a game plan to get one tomorrow without a preorder?
Not a Bot
AG
jock1020 said:

I didn't get a preorder so my only hope was Costco potentially getting them. I called around and they said they didn't have any in order at their store.

Target seems to think they will have a few on their app for in-store pickup. Just going to be hitting refresh over and over again.
fig96
AG
Cactus Jack said:

jock1020 said:

Target seems to think they will have a few on their app for in-store pickup. Just going to be hitting refresh over and over again.
Yup, I'm gonna pull up another computer with Target/Walmart/Best Buy/Amazon tabs and just refresh during the day. I figure worst case I'll get one in a few weeks.
Tabasco
AG
at 2:00 amazon said mine shipped and will be delivered tomorrow before 9pm. It shipped from Brookshire, Texas (30 min away from me in Sugar Land... I will just drive up there and pick it up!). I assume that Amazon (UPS specifically) has all of these preorders in warehouses closest to their destination for speedy delivery.
Chase McGuire
Wal-mart pre-order just arrived in Fort Worth a little while ago, according to my FedEx app. Just has to make it to Houston now.
third
AG
Target preorder just shipped. Still showing delivery on the 18th.
Tabasco
AG
third said:

Target preorder just shipped. Still showing delivery on the 18th.
google the tracking number and see if arrival date is different straight from the carrier. I occasionally see that happen.
third
AG
It literally just updated as I was typing this message. Fedex now shows delivery tomorrow.
Jim01
AG
Mine says label created now. Progress from Target!!!

No tracking but shipping from Midlothian, TX which according to Google Maps is 263 miles from my house.
third
AG
Mines coming from there also. I'm about 120 miles away. Would be surprised if it is delivered tomorrow.
Saxsoon
AG
Jim01 said:

No tracking but shipping from Midlothian, TX which according to Google Maps is 263 miles from my house.
Mine still says preparing to ship and Wednesday the 18th
Jim01
AG
Just updated again. Estimated delivery date tomorrow by end of day.
BallerStaf2003
AG
Saxsoon said:

Jim01 said:

Mine still says preparing to ship and Wednesday the 18th

Mine says that also from wal mart.
Tabasco
AG
third said:

It literally just updated as I was typing this message. Fedex now shows delivery tomorrow.
Haha called it! I bet some of the others get updated.
AgsWin2011
AG
What do you guys think the odds are of being able to get one tomorrow for those of us who couldn't pre-order? Walmart will have some online tomorrow supposedly starting at 12pm ET. Going to be refreshing like crazy tomorrow. Any other retailers going to be worth trying?
Jim01
AG
I believe Target has them going on sale online for in store pickup sometime tonight.

The best bet is to follow Wario64 on Twitter, turn on alerts for all his tweets, stay up past midnight, and be ready to click.

Here is a good link that breaks down who will have them and when:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps5-order-guide-where-to-buy-a-ps5-on-november-12/1100-6475811/
aggiematt05
Check Walmart Twitter, they posted the times you'll be able to order a console.
Saxsoon
AG
Well I did just get the final payment on target and it says shipped but still says Wednesday next week
rangerdanger
AG
Heismenberg said:

What do you guys think the odds are of being able to get one tomorrow for those of us who couldn't pre-order? Walmart will have some online tomorrow supposedly starting at 12pm ET. Going to be refreshing like crazy tomorrow. Any other retailers going to be worth trying?

I got mine from Wal Mart on the 2nd wave. My advice is try to get it in your cart and no matter what, keep trying to check out even if it says it's gone. I kept trying to push the transaction upwards of 15 times and it went through.
Saxsoon
AG
Well FedEx now says Friday. It apparently is in midlothian and I am in El Paso
canadiaggie
AG
Anyone have any luck with the midnight orders?

For the life of me I can't understand why the retailers can't come up with some sort of workaround to beat the purchasing bots. I'm not a software person, I don't understand how one would go around doing that, but I imagine it's possible and not very difficult to do
Jim01
AG
Mine still says today but FedEx tracking still just says Label Created. Not exactly building my confidence.
third
AG
Jim01 said:

Mine still says today but FedEx tracking still just says Label Created. Not exactly building my confidence.

Same for mine.
FDXAg
AG
Seeing hundreds of them come thru sort this morning here in Ft. Worth.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.