PS5

185,638 Views | 1869 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Brock Sampson
TexAgBolter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I had to go with a bundle at GameStop. Came with miles morales (good) and demons soul (bad), extra controller and a $20 gift card. All priced to MSRP but Demon Souls feels like a rip.
BallerStaf2003
AG
TexAgBolter said:

I had to go with a bundle at GameStop. Came with miles morales (good) and demons soul (bad), extra controller and a $20 gift card. All priced to MSRP but Demon Souls feels like a rip.

Demon souls is incredible. My favorite game I've played on PS5

hph6203
AG
Bad and not for you are two different things. Demon Souls seems to be a well made game, just one I'm really unlikely to play after trying Bloodborne and not really liking it.

Miles Morales, if you've played Spider-Man, is the bigger rip off if you are willing to play both games. Miles is like a 5 hour game. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't worth the money I paid relative to other games I could have bought.
TriumphForks
AG
Demon's Souls is not for everyone. If you are simply looking to pop in a game for some instant gratification and light hearted fun then it is probably not for you. If you are looking for an incredibly fulfilling and rewarding experience at the tradeoff that it can be frustrating at times and requires more effort and investment on the part of the player than it could be for you.
Chase McGuire
Miles was a 16-hour game for me. There's content there if you don't just mainline the campaign. Didn't feel like a rip at all.

And Demon's Souls was awesome.
Jim01
AG
Agreed. If you platinum Miles Morales there is plenty there to entertain and keep you busy for a while. I enjoyed it.
TexAgBolter
AG
I know the souls games have their fans, I'm just not one of them. None of them have ever "clicked" with me. Same with JRPGs. I just don't get what people see in them. To each his own. There are plenty of games I love that people hate.
Mr.Bond
AG
This ****ing sucks. Still looking and **** scammers and scalpers
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

hph6203
AG
Follow this account, turn on notifications, you can try for other retailers, but Best Buy is far and away the easiest to acquire from, because they only do in store pick up, no shipping so it doesn't work well for bots. I follow a couple of accounts and this is generally the fastest.

https://twitter.com/botconsoles?s=21

They did a drop this morning and it was available for a long time at my local store. Easily could have bought one, but I already have one.

He also has his own site that does a pay per notification program so you can narrow down the number of alerts you get. Think it's $.20 per alert and you can specify product and retailers. Set it up for Best Buy and just the disc version or digital version and you'll get one on the first time you see the alert and get in queue. Shouldn't have to spend more than $5 on alerts to get one.

This is the narrowed notification site:
https://app.inventorybot.io/app/

Would be surprised if it took more than a month to get one. I could've bought 3 by now.
Mr.Bond
AG
Really appreciate it. I dumped Twitter a while ago but I'll look into this!
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

hph6203
AG
That account's notifications go out about 30 seconds before the other ones I follow. If you don't mind a lot of notifications the Twitter follow works just fine, it's the only thing I've used Twitter for. I haven't personally used the customized notification system, but imagine it functions just like his Twitter account, just only the important notifications.

I know it's a sign up through that site and a separate app that allows him to push notifications, but have not set it up/can't give you advice on how.
Mr.Bond
AG
hph6203 said:

Follow this account, turn on notifications, you can try for other retailers, but Best Buy is far and away the easiest to acquire from, because they only do in store pick up, no shipping so it doesn't work well for bots. I follow a couple of accounts and this is generally the fastest.

https://twitter.com/botconsoles?s=21

They did a drop this morning and it was available for a long time at my local store. Easily could have bought one, but I already have one.

He also has his own site that does a pay per notification program so you can narrow down the number of alerts you get. Think it's $.20 per alert and you can specify product and retailers. Set it up for Best Buy and just the disc version or digital version and you'll get one on the first time you see the alert and get in queue. Shouldn't have to spend more than $5 on alerts to get one.

This is the narrowed notification site:
https://app.inventorybot.io/app/

Would be surprised if it took more than a month to get one. I could've bought 3 by now.

For some reason i cant choose a specific supplier. I dont want notifications from UK, Canada Amazon etc. Any advice? Just trying to do best buy

hph6203
AG
There's no way to filter notifications on the Twitter feed and I've never used the pay service, so not sure on that.
Mr.Bond
AG
Got the bundle off gamestop last night

Disc version
2 controllers
20 game stop card
Spiderman (couldn't care less)

hph6203
AG
Spider-Man is worth the play. Only game I've ever Platinumed.
canadiaggie
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Got the bundle off gamestop last night

Disc version
2 controllers
20 game stop card
Spiderman (couldn't care less)
With Spiderman you get 2 games (Spiderman remastered and Spiderman MM)
AG
So close, had it in my target cart, input my payment info, and hit submit, then it came back out of stock.
YNWA_AG
AG
No horizon update in the state of play today
Not a Bot
AG
Crazy how a few months ago I was obsessed with getting one, now I've almost completely forgotten they exist.

Will probably pick one up at one point when they are more available. Looks like the chip supply chain issues are affecting the entire electronics industry, even automobile manufacturing.
tamusc
AG
YNWA_AG said:

No horizon update in the state of play today
Odds it gets pushed back to 2022 now?
hph6203
AG
Got a second from Amazon this morning for a friend. Delivery tomorrow.
Duck Sausage
AG
Just snagged one off Walmart.com!!
The Lost
As someone with a ps3, seeing the create a stadium in mlb the show makes me want one in time for the season. Ugh. But I'm also not into it enough to try and sign up for alerts or whatever.
AgSportsFan89
AG
I think the last time I could create a stadium was MVP Baseball 05
adamsbq06
AG
The Lost said:

As someone with a ps3, seeing the create a stadium in mlb the show makes me want one in time for the season. Ugh. But I'm also not into it enough to try and sign up for alerts or whatever
The Show is literally the only reason I buy a Playstation.... now the Show will be on XBOX
YNWA_AG
AG
They announced that last year way before the ps5 came out
Tabasco
AG
AdamsBQ06 said:

The Lost said:

As someone with a ps3, seeing the create a stadium in mlb the show makes me want one in time for the season. Ugh. But I'm also not into it enough to try and sign up for alerts or whatever
The Show is literally the only reason I buy a Playstation.... now the Show will be on XBOX
Stadium creator is only on next gen (PS5 and whatever the new xbox is called).
The Lost
AdamsBQ06 said:

The Lost said:

I assume it's the only way it's profitable enough to keep making on next gen. I won't switch because of it, but not sad if that's what it takes to keep it around. Still miss the tiger woods games and can't wait for the eventual ncaa game, which will probably take a few years to be good.
Mr.Bond
AG
I don't remember the show coming out after opening day before......they have development issues?

degreedy
AG
this is likely a dumb question, but what external SSD's work with the PS5? I've quickly ran out of space on mine.
Fenrir
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/hardware/ps5-extended-storage/

Quote:

PS5 extended storage requirements
  • SuperSpeed USB 5Gbps or later.
  • 250 GB minimum, 8 TB maximum capacity.
  • Not all devices are guaranteed to work with the PS5 console.
  • An extended storage drive cannot be used through a USB hub.
  • Two or more extended storage drives cannot be connected at the same time.
SuperSpeed USB connections supported on PS5 consoles
The following SuperSpeed USB connections are supported on PS5 consoles:
  • SuperSpeed USB 5 Gbps (USB 3.0/USB 3.1 Gen1/USB 3.2 Gen1)
  • SuperSpeed USB 10 Gbps (USB 3.1 Gen2/USB 3.2 Gen2/USB 3.2 Gen1x2)
  • SuperSpeed USB 20 Gbps (USB 3.2 Gen2x2).

degreedy
AG
that's great, thank you fenrir!
degreedy
AG
wait, I guess I'm confused with this point:
Quote:

• An extended storage drive cannot be used through a USB hub.

So it has to be added internally?
Fenrir
No, it has to be plugged directly to the PS5 and not through a USB hub.

degreedy
AG
ahhhh. makes sense. good stuff, thanks again!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.