PS5

185,681 Views | 1869 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Brock Sampson
MaroonStain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Stupid question warning:

Will PS4 controllers work on PS5? I know probably not but see above warning.

What about headset? Will PS4 gold work on PS5?

A new rig + 2nd controller + headset is going to be COSTLY.
"Thanks and Gig'em"
Ted Lasso
Got mine preordered on target website
third
AG
Just preordered from Target. They only have one with disc drive left. After adding to cart and trying to checkout it says it is unavailable. Kept clicking place order and after about 20 tries it went through.
DallasTeleAg
It's not on pre-order anywhere else...
fig96
AG
Had it in my cart till check out, then it wouldn't go through and cleared the cart.
Tabasco
AG
Arrrgggg!!!
Just saw this thread. I have preordered ps2, ps3, ps4. This is my quest. Post links on this thread if any show up. For ps4, amazon had a few waves of preorder bundle (e.g. I already had mine, but was notified on texags they had a Battlefield 4 bundle for example... pretty sure it was amazon)
DallasTeleAg
I think this killed the Best Buy site. I keep trying to check out and it keeps getting an error and saying try again later. It is showing up in my cart.
Tabasco
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

I think this killed the Best Buy site. I keep trying to check out and it keeps getting an error and saying try again later. It is showing up in my cart.
I was doing that at best buy too, but never thought to look in my cart. It's there, but still getting error you were talking about. Gonna keep spamming checkout button.
DallasTeleAg
Gah... I wish I knew they were going on preorder today. Would have stopped by Gamestop to place my order.
Saxsoon
AG
I am shocked I got one on target no problem, already have a confirmation and chargeback. Best Buy and GameStop are ****ed. GameStop's security thought it was a ddos attack and is blocking the website
Saxsoon
AG
Walmart tweeted more orders on the 22nd. Also more stuff will probably open up tomorrow for the real date it should have gone live
Tabasco
AG
Saxsoon said:

Walmart tweeted more orders on the 22nd. Also more stuff will probably open up tomorrow for the real date it should have gone live
thanks. What time did you get yours on target?
Tabasco
AG
Saxsoon said:

So preorders were not supposed to start until tomorrow? I wonder if Best buy is gonna be locked down until then, making my spamming pointless.
Tomdoss92
AG
got mine on Walmart about two minutes before my earlier post. IGN deals twitter was the only reason i knew about it.

gamestop live now but crashing i think.
DallasTeleAg
Gamestop's website finally opened up, and they were sold out of the standard one... so I chose the Advanced System Bundle... $749

Whatever. I would end up wanting a second controller anyways, and I would want to play the new Spiderman game. Just ended up buying them all in one package.

Maybe I'll sell the playstation + 1 year membership to someone for $40, or something.
Ted Lasso
Twitter saying Best Buy is working now.
Saxsoon
AG
Correct. Retailers in Europe started to open preorders which forced everyone's hand

Or briefly summarized in this tweet

https://twitter.com/feliciavagabond/status/1306390739434299392?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1306390739434299392%7Ctwgr%5Eshare_3&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2F2%2Ftwitter.min.html1306390739434299392
Saxsoon
AG
Tabasco said:

Saxsoon said:

thanks. What time did you get yours on target?

Around 5:45 mountain time
Tabasco
AG
historyrepeats said:

Twitter saying Best Buy is working now.
thanks for that. Says it is unavailable though
DallasTeleAg
Best Buy's site is all kinds of messed up. Can get to order summary, but won't go to the payment page. Also won't let me change my pickup location.
DallasTeleAg
Now it doesn't show for preorder anymore. It just says "Coming Soon".

Either it was sold out or they aren't doing preorders.
Tabasco
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

Best Buy's site is all kinds of messed up. Can get to order summary, but won't go to the payment page. Also won't let me change my pickup location.
I got excited and got to order summary page. kept selecting pickup store but it wasn't taking. Then said "no store within 250 miles." Spamming the shipping button now, but it won't take.
Tabasco
AG
Haha, spamming for shipping actually went through. I got all excited, hit order, and it said "Sorry, we just found out this item is out of stock."

F' U best buy
DallasTeleAg
Gamestop still shows the digital version available as well as the Ultimate system bundle.
Tabasco
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

Gamestop still shows the digital version available as well as the Ultimate system bundle.
will check it out
Tabasco
AG
looks like on GS, neither base digital or disc is available. Ultimate it, but I am several years stacked on PSplus, and not much interest in spiderman or that other game. Might gamble on amazon in the next couple of days. Thanks for the help everyone.
Tabasco
AG
anyone know if the PS4 gold headphones work on PS5? I have two pair that both work great.
AgRN16
AG
Praying it will be available tomorrow on Amazon or in person at my local Gamestop.
TriumphForks
AG
Hadn't checked this thread but happened to call GameStop around 7:00pm on a whim to check just in case before I heard preorders went live. At that time they told me they had sold their last preorder a few minutes before. Almost got lucky but alas.... should have kept a better eye on Twitter for preorder news so I would have known right away.

Will have to chance it on Amazon now.
lobwedgephil
Live on amazon now.
TriumphForks
AG
Live on amazon. Use this link. https://www.amazon.com/gp/item-dispatch?ie=UTF8&action=addToCart&asin.1=B08FC5L3RG&tag=sec2002-20
YNWA_AG
AG
Missed getting a digital by less than a minute. Preordered a disc
Tabasco
AG
Thanks guys, especially for the link. I was just going to bed and did a last second thread check. Jumped on it.
ac04
just got one on amazon
Tabasco
AG
TriumphForks said:

Live on amazon. Use this link. https://www.amazon.com/gp/item-dispatch?ie=UTF8&action=addToCart&asin.1=B08FC5L3RG&tag=sec2002-20
That link saved my a**. If I look on the PS5 page, same stuff from earlier today. Search ps5 console, it only shows ps4 consoles.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.