PS5

185,581 Views | 1869 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Brock Sampson
tamusc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dammit Sony. Not everyone wants their consoles to look like an eyesore.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/ps5-faceplate-seller-is-now-cancelling-all-orders-following-legal-action-from-sony/
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
tamusc said:

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/ps5-faceplate-seller-is-now-cancelling-all-orders-following-legal-action-from-sony/
I have a feeling that will be one of Sony's next big features to advertise. The cover being that easily removable makes it a prime addon. Plus it saves a ton of manufacturing cost. Now X-edition premium bundle just has a couple of cover plates rather than a full model. It'd be nice if they had done the same with the controllers, but it doesn't look like those come apart so easily.
TriumphForks
AG
AgShaun00 said:

best way to get a ps5? I haven't seen anything on the preorders yet again.
At this point hope stores have stock that was not set aside for preorder and camp out. Either that or Black Friday.
canadiaggie
AG
tamusc said:

Why bother, it's not like they're going to be able to stop Chinese knockoffs from flooding Amazon, Alibaba, etc.
YNWA_AG
AG
Amazon shows delivery by 8pm on Thursday for me
TriumphForks
AG
Wow my amazon delivery date for the one I gave to my friend is November 26. Definitely glad I got a day 1 in store gamestop preorder!!
texsn95
AG
So how do you even pre-order one of these? Do you just have to get lucky?
jr15aggie
AG
tamusc said:

LOL... it's going to look like Isengard either way, but I guess getting to choose your LOTR Tower color would have been nice.
canadiaggie
AG
texsn95 said:

Apparently all the major retailers are opening online orders on the 12th. Walmart has 4 time slots

I'll be mashing refresh every second
Vade281
AG
My order is set to deliver on the 12th!
Tabasco
AG
Mine is showing Nov 12th as well. I got one of those from the twitter amazon backdoor link posted on here. Thanks again for that! I was expecting a delayed delivery.
canadiaggie
AG
Jelly of you folks. Hopefully I can nab one from the retailers on the 12th and start playing a few days later.

I ended up buying Valhalla for the PS4 since apparently you can upgrade anyway
Jim01
AG
Be aware that Sony, WalMart, Best Buy and maybe others have already said there will be no in person PS5s on launch day. Any units available will be online sale only.
ac04
amazon backdoor link order here, also now showing it will arrive 11/12 by 8:00 PM. now that i'm confirmed, i'm pre-ordering spiderman and nba 2k21. and probably taking 11/13 off.
DallasTeleAg
Mine is showing Thursday, November 19th by 8pm on Amazon...
Jim01
AG
I have a Target preorder. Says Nov 13th - 18th. Hoping that is not the actual case.

If it gets here launch day I plan to take Friday off and play Astro and dice into The Last Of Us. Wont play any actual PS5 games until whatever I give the kids for Christmas (Miles Morale already ordered). Until then will be using PS Plus and catching up on the PS4 games I missed.
Ted Lasso
My target preorder says the same. I bet they update it Monday or Tuesday with delivery either 12th or 13th.
atmhockey
AG
canadiaggie said:

texsn95 said:

Apparently all the major retailers are opening online orders on the 12th. Walmart has 4 time slots

Think it will start at 1201am?
texsn95
AG
canadiaggie said:

texsn95 said:

What time?
canadiaggie
AG
Jim01 said:

Be aware that Sony, WalMart, Best Buy and maybe others have already said there will be no in person PS5s on launch day. Any units available will be online sale only.

Yep saw that! Thanks though.

Bet it'll be sold out before I can even hit refresh on the page
canadiaggie
AG
Not sure about all retailers but here's Walmart
fig96
AG
I'm just gonna pull up some browser tabs on a second screen that day and constantly refresh.

Worst case I'd imagine they'll be much more available by Christmas.
Chase McGuire
All sorts of console/game reviews and info dropping today.
YNWA_AG
AG
Miles morales is getting good reviews
EastSideAg2002
Wonder what first day EBay prices will be
Tabasco
AG
PSA...

If you have a PSVR for PS4, you can get a PS4 camera adapter for free (just have to provide serial number on your PSVR headset. I did this last friday and adapter just arrived.

PSVR camera adapter for PS5
Ted Lasso
Target running a buy 2 get 1 on some ps5 games. Picked up COD Cold War, Assassins Creed Valhalla, and FIFA ps4/5 in the deal.
BallerStaf2003
AG
historyrepeats said:

Target running a buy 2 get 1 on some ps5 games. Picked up COD Cold War, Assassins Creed Valhalla, and FIFA ps4/5 in the deal.
Wow.

If you do that, does the game use the disc every time or can you just download it once you own it?
fig96
AG
Curious as well, I was going to pick up the PS4/5 version of FIFA 21 but am planning to get the digital version of the PS5.
Shiner Bock
AG
over time wouldn't the $100 difference pay itself back? In this instance you get the $49 game "free", so there's 1/2 of the cost back. You can always buy digital games on the disk version, but cant the other way around.

dont know the answer to your ? ballerstaf, would be interested to hear.
fig96
AG
It would, but we're kinda minimalist and I'd rather stay with the digital version.

And just realized what ballerstaf was asking, on the PS4 it does need the disc to boot the game even after updates have been downloaded. I was wondering if the PS5 version might include the digital copy.
dcaggie04
AG
From what I can tell from PS support info, if you have the PS4 version on disc, you will have to have the disc in to get the PS5 version and will have to keep the disc in to play it.

So, if you had any PS4 disc version games you want to play with PS5 upgrades, you had better ordered a PS5 disc console.

If you got a digital PS5 console, looks like you will have to repurchase PS5 version of any PS4 disc games.
DallasTeleAg
Wait... there's a PS5 version of AC: Valhalla? I thought it was a PS4 release that will get upgraded to PS5 at a later point.
DallasTeleAg
Damn... now I don't know which to buy. I want to play Valhalla but I'm not getting my PS5 until the 19th (FU Amazon).

Will the PS4 version be able to get the PS5 update on launch day?
YNWA_AG
AG
Pretty sure the upgraded version of Valhalla has been released in the day one patch

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.