PS5

185,669 Views | 1869 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Brock Sampson
FatZilla
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mine got delivered today a few days early. Loving the speed of the apps on it for streaming content.
When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth!
johnnyblaze36
AG
Just saw 10 other people say they just got their cancelation email just 5 minutes ago. Still alive over here but starting to wonder if they ever had any to begin with and fully expecting to wake up to a cancellation. Fingers crossed.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Sure enough just woke up to a cancelation email sent out at 5:31 am. I didn't even want the PS5 that bad yet because of the lack of titles but after making it so far in this process and being denied I'm ready to go torch the Kohl's headquarters.

The Fife
Use Kohl's bucks as kindling
92Ag95
AG
chadhaught said:

I might have to try demon souls. I beat spider man and it was pretty but that DS game looked awesome.
Why does everyone say "beat"? Isn't it more like "finished"?
Chase McGuire
92Ag95
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

Sure enough just woke up to a cancelation email sent out at 5:31 am. I didn't even want the PS5 that bad yet because of the lack of titles but after making it so far in this process and being denied I'm ready to go torch the Kohl's headquarters.

Username checks out.
ac04
woke up to a completely dead PS5 this morning. will not power on. calling sony when i get off work.
Tabasco
AG
ac04 said:

woke up to a completely dead PS5 this morning. will not power on. calling sony when i get off work.

Is it plugged in? JK, that sucks.
MBAR
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

Lol mine got cancelled too but I'm not even mad cause the 180 kohl's bucks
FL_Ag1998
AG
92Ag95 said:

chadhaught said:

I might have to try demon souls. I beat spider man and it was pretty but that DS game looked awesome.

Because back in the day, when games gave you only three lives and that was it, and you started over from the very beginning when those lives were gone, if you did complete the game you didn't just finish the game you ****ing BEAT the game!
Chase McGuire
This. Plus, I think it's case by case. You don't really beat a game like Firewatch. You just finish it. You do beat a game like Cuphead. It's an adversary you have to overcome due to its difficulty.
Not a Bot
AG
Chase McGuire said:

I think this means that they have no more to deliver to retailers right now. We'll see some stock out there on the 25th with Wal-Mart, and GameStop will have at least 1 per store on Black Friday. Other than that, doesn't look like there will be anything available. Still holding out hope for Sam's having a few pop up. Membership wall may help the odds a bit.
Not a Bot
AG
Sony has an amazing factory they built in 2018, used for PS4 but likely being retooled for PS5. They were able to churn out a console every 30 seconds. The rumor in July was they were having a problem down the supply chain with the yields of the processor and it was slowing everything down. You can only assemble devices as fast as the processors are being produced. Pretty much every other component can be multi-sourced or subcontracted to more efficient partners, but can't happen with the processor.
tamusc
AG
AMD has TSMC cranking out as many 7nm wafers as they can, but they are being split between their server CPUs, their new Ryzen 5000 series which is on top of the desktop CPU market now, their first competitive GPUs at the high end with Radeon 6000 series, the Xbox series SoC, and the PS5 SoC.

Good position for AMD to be in in terms of of market position, but TSMC only has so much capacity. The good thing is that the yields on the TSMC 7nm process sounds like it's pretty good as it's a pretty mature process at this point.
johnnyblaze36
AG
I wanted to invest in AMD two years ago on Christmas day when it was around $16/share but didn't. Just checked and it closed at $85 today. Another whiff by me.
ac04
ac04 said:

update: unplugged it for ~1 hour, plugged it back in, and it fired up. everyone can calm down and stop worrying.
chizadbot
AG
92Ag95 said:

chadhaught said:

Prob the same reason I "tape" shows on my DVR
canadiaggie
AG
I might have gotten one off Gamefly. Pray for me boys

It says under review but I got an order confirmation email. going to call them up tomorrow morning and confirm
YNWA_AG
AG
In AMD at $10 over here
hph6203
AG
GameStop has a couple of bundles in stock. Not for me, but just FYI.

https://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/sonyps5/
texsn95
AG
Can't even get any of them added to the cart.
XXXVII
texsn95 said:

Can't even get any of them added to the cart.

The gamestop thing started at 9 pm central. I constantly refreshed and tried to add to cart for one hour, but I could never get anything added to my cart. They seem to make stuff available randomly.
Desert Power
AG
I know I've ready plenty of articles and seen videos talking about how big this is but holt crap this console is a monster.
Not a Bot
AG
Yes, yes. Keep bragging about how big yours is. I'll just have to keep imagining having a big one.
hph6203
AG
Maybe he'll let you play with his big one.
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
2 crashes last night while playing Spider-Man remastered. One during a cutscene, the second while swinging through the city. Couldn't use controller to start it back up, had to use power button on ps5. Then got the dreaded rebuilding message. Still working though.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
fig96
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

This would seem a hair contradictory with yesterday's comments.
canadiaggie
AG
GameFly called to confirm my shipping address and everything, and the order shows as submitted on their site! FINALLY!
Not a Bot
AG
Me now: "I'm not even going to try Walmart tonight. There's no way I'll be able to get a PS5 until February. I'm at peace with this."

Me six hours from now:
XXXVII
Queue up on sony's site. If you're reading this, it is probably too late.
Not a Bot
AG
XXXVII said:

Started with a time of 10 minute wait, which is the least I've had to wait on any of these queues. Then it said 26. Then it said 43. Then it said more than an hour. Now it says 26. Some thing tells me I'm not going to get one.
Not a Bot
AG
Turns out the PS5 is still in my cart at Walmart. Didn't delete history or clear cache from the last time. So maybe I've got a little bit better chance.
XXXVII
Cactus Jack said:

XXXVII said:

Started with a time of 10 minute wait, which is the least I've had to wait on any of these queues. Then it said 26. Then it said 43. Then it said more than an hour. Now it says 26. Some thing tells me I'm not going to get one.

I just got into the store and the PS5's were out of stock. Now sony is just effing with us.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.