PS5

185,646 Views | 1869 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Brock Sampson
TV Casualty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
After months of trying I finally got a PS5 from Amazon today.

Thankfully they don't use SLO to ship products. I have an Xbox series X that I purchased from GameStop that is lost by that shipper.

Apparently they are the worst run shipper in history. They must've conned a bunch of companies into using them this year.

A lot of people are going to have their Christmas' ruined by LSO. High rate of losing packages and theft.
La Vernia_Ag06
AG
We've had mixed success with LSO. We ordered Spider-Man PS5, it basically never shipped, then received an update with a new label, still nothing. Cancelled the order, got a $5 promo card for our problem, then the game showed up anyways a couple days later. Other stuff has delivered on time as expected.
TV Casualty
AG
I know of 3 other people who have not received expensive items that were shipped by LSO recently. After complaining about not receiving packages the delivery status all the sudden changes to delivered. People aren't getting packages though and then it takes more phone calls before they will change the status to lost/stolen so you can get refunded. Very difficult to get ahold of someone on the phone.

From the reviews online it looks like if it's a Nike shipment that you should just expect on not getting it. I've seen images that are supposed to be from their centers and packages look to just be randomly stacked outside where anyone can drive up and grab a package.

Maybe they tried to take on more clients this year and don't have the logistics for it. Contract drivers probably end up stealing or losing packages and there is no accountability.

It's difficult to understand how this company stays in business based on recent performance.
La Vernia_Ag06
AG
If you're still looking for a PS5 they're supposed to be quite a few drops today. GameStop, Target, WalMart are lined up, others this week allegedly.

If you're in the San Antonio area happy to try and help you snag one.
jr15aggie
AG
Awesome. I'm in the Austin area but have tons of immediate family in San Antonio that could pick it up. I'll take a disc version if you can get one. My daughters boyfriend has been dying to get one.

email me txags name@gmail if needed. I'll keep looking throughout the day as well.
La Vernia_Ag06
AG
Sounds good. Will let you know if I'm able to secure any this week!
Ervin Burrell
AG
I got the e-mail invite directly from Playstation to purchase today starting at 1:00...any tips or tricks for those who have been successful going this route?
La Vernia_Ag06
AG
Watch Jake Randall's video on best approach.

Broncos
Walmart had a release today. I happened to see the Walmart Plus early bird release at 10:58 so I grabbed a month subscription to get in right at 11. It appears I got one, I'm holding my breath until I have it in hand though. Apparently, Walmart has been pretty bad about canceling orders.
La Vernia_Ag06
AG
That's surprising recently. Heard early on they were bad, but have bought a few from them this month and no issues. All stated a delivery date a few weeks out, then they update it to be delivered within a week.

The WalMart+ wasn't worth it to me initially because they weren't offering drops for those members, then BOOM, all drops were for members. So going to keep it for another month. It's challenging enough to get a console during the + drops, much less when it's open to the world. I've ordered a couple other items using their service and have all been delivered on time and in good condition.
Broncos
I hope that's the case. I haven't received a cancellation email... yet.
La Vernia_Ag06
AG
The first time I ordered from them it took a few days for the order to change status from "Placed", the same thing is happening this time.
La Vernia_Ag06
AG
Broncos - my order finally changed status from Placed to Preparing. Hopefully yours has had some updates.
Broncos
Mine has also been updated to Preparing.

Thanks for the notification!
Not a Bot
AG
You know what's funny? After a year of wanting one I finally got it. I think I've played a total of 30 minutes in the last two weeks.
kdm_01
AG
I've had one for about a month. Still haven't played a PS5 native game. Am enjoying Horizon Zero Dawn though, curtesy of psplus.
Robk
TV Casualty said:

After months of trying I finally got a PS5 from Amazon today.

Thankfully they don't use SLO to ship products. I have an Xbox series X that I purchased from GameStop that is lost by that shipper.

Apparently they are the worst run shipper in history. They must've conned a bunch of companies into using them this year.

A lot of people are going to have their Christmas' ruined by LSO. High rate of losing packages and theft.
HAHA - I have 2 packages with packages in Limbo from LSO right now. One from Gamestop and one from BestBuy.
La Vernia_Ag06
AG
Another WalMart drop today at 11amCT for those still wanting a PS5. You must have a WalMart + membership though.

Have the pages pulled up, begin refreshing ever 4-5 secs about 30secs before the drop at 11. I've found it helpful to sign into multiple computers and refresh each to increase your chances. You can also try on mobile at the same time as they will all queue differently. Good Luck!
Broncos
It looks like it's been shipped.
La Vernia_Ag06
AG
Glad to hear! Ours came in Friday.
La Vernia_Ag06
AG
I know it's last minute, but if anyone still needs a PS5 or is looking for one for Christmas, have one available you can have at retail cost.

Feel free to text me at nine-seven-9-two-five-5-nine-four-5-three. In the San Antonio area.
OldArmy07
AG
If anyone knows of one in the Dallas area let me know.
La Vernia_Ag06
AG
OldArmy07,

If you're still looking for one I do have a Digital edition available. If you've located one then congrats, or prefer a Disc version, then this will be available to anyone else who is still searching.

I've shipped a couple of them now so more comfortable with that process and happy to ship vs. local meetup.
Cromagnum
AG
I'm starting to look for a disc edition, now that HZD is a month or so away. No luck yet. I'm on Sonys lottery list.
Cigars & Scotch
I'm interested in the digital version, how much$?
evan_aggie
AG
By the time I don't have to put a ridiculous amount of effort to buy a product...maybe by 2023, they'll be releasing an improved slimmer 4nm version.
Cromagnum
AG
evan_aggie said:

By the time I don't have to put a ridiculous amount of effort to buy a product...maybe by 2023, they'll be releasing an improved slimmer 4nm version.

Yeah. And then you won't be able to find that one either.
La Vernia_Ag06
AG
OldArmy I didn't hear anything so shipped it off to Cigars & Scotch.
Jim01
AG
Anyone looking for a fun adventure game I highly recommend Kena: Bridge of Spirits. My boys got it for Christmas and I've been playing the hell out of it. Really fun and challenging. I played it on the hardest level and the bosses kicked my butt for hours in a good way. Frustrating but fun and incredibly rewarding when you finally take them down.

I beat it a couple days ago and now and wandering around trying to get all the collectibles before tackling the "Master" difficulty which is unlocked when you beat the game.

Thumbs up for me!
Cromagnum
AG
Saw where both Walmart and Gamestop have drops today and tomorrow, but you have to have their paid memberships to qualify (lame). Still waiting on my golden ticket from Playstation Direct.
La Vernia_Ag06
AG
We had really good luck with PlayStation Direct, purchased one and then used our sons accounts to get two for friends. It took about a month for the email to come through. Make sure you check your junk accounts because they can end up in there.
OldArmy07
AG
My brother has a PS5 disc he's selling for $50 above retail (after tax) if anyone is interested in paying a slightly less terrible scalper.

Prosper area in DFW.
degreedy
AG
So unfortunately I had my first experience with the PS5 blue light of death. Light would strobe and strobe, but never turn on the machine. After several attempts, I was able to successfully boot it up into safe mode, but all the initial options amounted to nothing. Ultimately, it came down to a factory reset of the machine for it to fix. Had to reinstall all my games and profiles back onto it. Better than a dead PS5, but still extremely frustrating to say the least.
Cromagnum
AG
How common is that? When I Google for it of course I get 100s of posts, but is it really that common? My PS4 was rock solid until a lightning strike fried part of it.
Cromagnum
AG
Scored today. Found out my local gamestop had a drop planned for today. Got there 5 minutes before they opened and walked out with one. Pretty easy. Picked up a 2TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 on the way home. Now to set it all up.

Had to get the forced bundle from them but could have been worse. It came with Ratchet and Clank, Ghosts of Tsushima, and CoD Vanguard. 2 out of 3 ain't bad while I wait for Zero Dawn to come out.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.