PS5

185,695 Views | 1869 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Brock Sampson
aggieman00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Currently when I turn on my tv, my playstation turns on and vice versa. I have a Sony soundbar that I run audio through. Is there a setting I can turn on that will also power on the soundbar when the tv/ps5 power on?

I have a ps media remote and was hoping to get everything to work together. I tried googling but couldn't find anything helpful.

Edit: Figured it out. I had HDMI CEC enabled but hadn't changed the audio output setting to the soundbar. Now when I fire up the ps5 the tv and soundbar turn on also, and everything can be controlled by the media remote
Phat32
AG
Anyone have any more news on PS5 supplies?
Cromagnum
AG
aggieman00 said:

Currently when I turn on my tv, my playstation turns on and vice versa. I have a Sony soundbar that I run audio through. Is there a setting I can turn on that will also power on the soundbar when the tv/ps5 power on?

I have a ps media remote and was hoping to get everything to work together. I tried googling but couldn't find anything helpful.

Edit: Figured it out. I had HDMI CEC enabled but hadn't changed the audio output setting to the soundbar. Now when I fire up the ps5 the tv and soundbar turn on also, and everything can be controlled by the media remote

Sounds like "trigger in" "trigger out" settings to me.
C@LAg
yukmonkey said:

Anyone have any more news on PS5 supplies?
my local Kroger had a few in stock this morning,

should have bought 1 to flip online.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Just dropping in to say the new Call of Duty zombies is a ton of fun on ps5
Teacher_Ag
AG
Just dropping in to say I still cannot find a PS5 anywhere and am starting to go insane.
Claude!
Just dropping in to see what condition my condition is in.
drwong
AG
Teacher_Ag said:

Just dropping in to say I still cannot find a PS5 anywhere and am starting to go insane.
you may try following folks like "PS5Drops" and "speiltimes" on twitter. that's how I was able to get one. They'll tweet when a site has some and I was lucky enough to get from Best Buy. That being said, looks like Target will have some for sale this week if you get up super early.
Not a Bot
AG
Kroger!?
fig96
AG
It is what it is.

I realized the thrill of the chase started getting me more than I actually wanted one I've still got half a dozen games I need to play, so at least for me there's no real rush.

They'll be available sooner than later.
hph6203
AG
Bundle in stock at Sam's Club with an extra controller and Miles Morales Ultimate.

https://www.samsclub.com/p/ps5-bundle-v2-playstation5-v2/prod25300078?xid=plp_product_2
MW03
AG
fig96 said:

It is what it is.

I realized the thrill of the chase started getting me more than I actually wanted one I've still got half a dozen games I need to play, so at least for me there's no real rush.

They'll be available sooner than later.

Same. I was just having fun trying to score one. Then the chase wasn't fun, and I remembered that I still enjoy NBA 2K20 and still need to play Breath of the Wild on switch, so screw it.
CAR96
AG
I agree MW03...same thing happened to me...but I got lucky with day off and the ability to follow the PS5 Stock Alert on twitter and got one through Best Buy.

You are not missing much. There are not that many games released for the PS5 yet, but those released have been getting high praise for graphics.

The faster loading speed and startup of the console has been impressive to me.
AgSportsFan89
AG
If you are still trying to snag one, Gamestop is supposed to drop some consoles today.
C@LAg
Cactus Jack said:

Kroger!?
Yes. Fred Meyer (Kroger-owned).

Think grocery store meets Target
fig96
AG
C@LAg said:

Cactus Jack said:

Kroger!?
Yes. Fred Meyer (Kroger-owned).

Think grocery store meets Target

So...Target?
hph6203
AG
Best Buy has stock. Was able to get it in cart, just don't need one.
AgShaun00
AG
hph6203 said:

Best Buy has stock. Was able to get it in cart, just don't need one.
got 2 in cart, but have to pickup and location screwed me. if close to SA or austin, i will buy from you
Cave Johnson, CEO
AG
I also got one for pick-up next week and I'm in SA. I'm on the fence on if I want to keep it or not but if I decide I don't want it I'll sell it to you at cost.
AgShaun00
AG
Cave Johnson, CEO said:

I also got one for pick-up next week and I'm in SA. I'm on the fence on if I want to keep it or not but if I decide I don't want it I'll sell it to you at cost.
just got it at legacy.
Cave Johnson, CEO
AG
Nice, that's where I'm picking mine up too.
Teacher_Ag
AG
On Walmart right when they dropped and couldn't get one in cart. ****ing bots got them all. Ridiculous that normal buyers cannot find one.
hph6203
AG
Watch for Best Buy, it's all store pick up by store so bots aren't as effective.
hph6203
AG
Teacher_Ag said:

On Walmart right when they dropped and couldn't get one in cart. ****ing bots got them all. Ridiculous that normal buyers cannot find one.
Up on Best Buy.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-5-digital-edition-console/6430161.p?skuId=6430161

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-5-console/6426149.p?skuId=6426149

ETA: Hit the add to cart button, wait for the Please Wait to change to Add to Cart, hit add to cart. I'd focus on the disc version or bundles as they don't sell out quite as fast.
Fenrir
Sold out.
tamusc
AG
Fenrir said:

Sold out.

Yeah, it was sold out when I checked three minutes after that was posted.
Teacher_Ag
AG
Called Nebraska Furniture Mart at 3
Got a national hotline and the woman told me they had inventory at the Texas location
Oh cool
Drive 25 minutes to that location
Oh sorry we had a few but sold the last one at 230
Teacher_Ag
AG
Update: finally copped.
chizadbot
AG
A buddy of mine got his via this link. It bypasses putting it in your cart to save that time. It has to be in stock but hopefully this will help folks

https://affil.walmart.com/cart/buynow?items=363472942
YNWA_AG
AG
Thinking about dipping my toes into my from software game? Should I start with bloodborne first since I already have it with ps plus?
Chase McGuire
Bloodborne is my favorite game ever. Definitely play that one first. Use each death as a learning experience and don't give up before it clicks with you. I spent 2 hours getting murdered in the first little area before I figured out how to play. After that, it's an incredibly rewarding experience.
TriumphForks
AG
I second Bloodborne. One of the best games of all time. It is very tough though and the game does not hold your hand. A few things to keep in mind....

1) You will come across gates that are "locked from the other side" or elevators that cannot be activated. When you do get to the other side and unlock the door and/or activate the elevator, it becomes a shortcut which usually functions as a massive time save if you die and have to get back to where you were before. Unlocking shortcuts is crucial to making your way through the game and are significant markers of progress
2) This is not a typical "Hack 'n slash" type of game. You have to be very strategic in combat and try to force 1v1 encounters as much as possible.
3) Learn how to parry early. You parry by locking on to the enemy and firing your gun at the correct time during an enemy's attack animation. This opens them up to a visceral attack which deals an incredible amount of damage. You will encounter large troll enemies early in the game that are holding a brick. Fighting them straight up is very difficult but they are susceptible to being parried which makes fighting them significantly easier.

If all else fails watch a walkthrough on youtube through the first couple of bosses. That will help you get a feel for the game and understand how to approach it. A LOT of people play these games with a walkthrough. Some would say it's the best way to experience it because it does take some of the frustration out of it. At the end of the day these games are very tough which turns a lot of people off but IMO they are so incredibly rewarding when you overcome the challenge.
Gomer95
AG
YES watch the YouTube intro walkthrough because it will answer so much. I'm in my 40's and just played Bloodborne for the 1st time last year and it was tough to learn but man the Father Werewolf boss frustrated me to no end but keep at it and you'll get past it and then once you get the play style and fighting style down, it's a lot of fun. I finished the game and I'm playing the DLC dungeons now. Great game.
TriumphForks
AG
Gomer95 said:

YES watch the YouTube intro walkthrough because it will answer so much. I'm in my 40's and just played Bloodborne for the 1st time last year and it was tough to learn but man the Father Werewolf boss frustrated me to no end but keep at it and you'll get past it and then once you get the play style and fighting style down, it's a lot of fun. I finished the game and I'm playing the DLC dungeons now. Great game.
Oh man..... Bloodborne DLC. RIP dude. Some of the hardest bosses I have ever faced in any game, but so thrilling at the same time. Good luck!!
Chase McGuire
Those chalice dungeons are no joke. Defiled Amygdala probably took me 4 hours to kill. So many deaths.

Also, everyone should play The Old Hunters DLC if you haven't. Best/coolest part of the whole game.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.