PS5

185,687 Views | 1869 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Brock Sampson
YNWA_AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Less bloated compared to the last couple ac games
kyledr04
AG
Waited in the queue just to get to a page that said it's sold out
Tabasco
AG
Damn, it's been out for over a year and they are asking $60. I have a huge backlog, so I will wait.
YNWA_AG
AG
The directors cut is being released tomorrow with the new dlc and the ps5
ExPLK
AG
kyledr04 said:

Waited in the queue just to get to a page that said it's sold out

I've only gotten one from a PS drop so not sure this is always the case. My experience was that I had to wait for about 10 mins to even enter the queue. When I got to the queue, it said it would take about an hour to enter the store. After about 5 minutes, the wait duration dropped to 7 minutes and reduced from there so total wait time was just about 12 minutes. Once the 7 minutes elapsed, I got to the digital PS5 page where the product was sold out. However, I realized I was "in the store" so I navigated to the disc version and there was one available. YMMV but I suspect that the disc versions are more readily available since most are chasing the digital versions.

Happy to try and help anyone snag one if they'd like. I seem to have good luck in getting them and have gotten 8 so far for friends and some fellow Ags.
kyledr04
AG
I'll keep trying. I want a disk version so maybe that'll help.
ExPLK
AG
At some point we probably need to do a handle thread so we can all add each other and play together if online. Especially before the new BF comes out.
Chase McGuire
For sure. Gameplay-wise, it's straight out of the Assassin's Creed playbook, however. It's better than those games, imo, but not a GOTY contender for me. Liked it a lot though. Formulaic and pretty repetitive, but gorgeous and with strong enough storylines to keep me engaged.
CFTXAG10
AG
So I was able to get a disc edition bundle from GameStop so I sold my digital. Any MUST HAVE games to get started? It came with Madden and Ghost of Tsushima. Picking up MLB The Show this week. Open to suggestions though on others to add. TIA.

I was gonna get COD but I will probably wait until Vanguard gets here.
Tabasco
AG
I forget what it is called l, but with PS5 you get 20+ games you can download for free a greatest hits sort of thing. Off the top of my head, they have persona 5, days gone, crash bandicoot, God of War, bloodborn, and a ton of other great games. Start with that. That is a section of the PlayStation store that lists them foe free download
Tabasco
AG
Horizon Zero Down is on there too
Chase McGuire
PS+ Collection. Note that you have to be a PS+ member to play, but most people will be anyway.
YNWA_AG
AG
They have a deal for subscription right now or you can you use cdkeys as well
ChemAg15
AG
I've been playing Horizon for about 6 weeks now. The fighting mechanics in the game are top notch and the story is great too. Really enjoying it.
Tabasco
AG
Chase McGuire said:

PS+ Collection. Note that you have to be a PS+ member to play, but most people will be anyway.

Yes, thank you that is it. Her is a half of ($30 for 12mo vs $60) right now.

https://slickdeals.net/f/15230551-ps-plus-membership-29-99?src=frontpage

Leeman
Whohoo ! Finally snagged a PS5 on sony direct.
hoosierAG
AG
Got one too!
atmhockey
AG
Just got done with Days Gone. Great game! Why did this game get "Meh'd" by the games media which ultimately led to Days Gone 2 being cancelled.

Would love to have seen a continuation of this story. Taking on hordes solo is a blast!
Jim01
AG
It is wildly addicting. I started it fresh off playing Last of Us 1&2 and God Of War. Those are tough acts to follow! From a story perspective (Last of Us) and a production perspective (God Of War) I initially felt it fell short, but I just kept playing.

Well a couple days ago I platinumed it, and am now playing through New Game+ on Extra hard to get the last two trophies. Great game!
Fenrir
God of War and Horizon are my favorite PS4 era games by far. I don't think anything even comes close to be honest. In Horizon I loved going from being scared and attacking the machines stealthily at first to taking on Stormbirds, Thunderjaws and Fireclaws head on by the end. The power creep never makes the early areas feel pointless but you still get to take on some ridiculous machines as it goes along.

PS+ Collection was a great move by Sony considering how light the first year has been for new game titles.
Leeman
What are the must have games ?

I've played Demon Souls (and all of the Souls games on PS3/4). Should I buy it for the PS5 ? If so, why ?
Chase McGuire
Imo, Returnal is a must have. My current GOTY, and it's gonna be very tough to beat. Highly recommended for people that like FromSoft games. Demon's Souls is absolutely stunning with the graphical upgrades, but it is the same game as the 2009 release. I loved the remake though. Ratchet and Clank was also fun, but short and probably not a must play.
ExPLK
AG
https://www.gamestop.com/consoles-hardware/playstation-5/consoles/products/playstation-5-digital-edition-wireless-headset-ps-plus-50-ps-currency-system-bundle-with-20-digital-gamestop-gift-card/B225171X.html

ExPLK
AG
GameStop digital bundle now!

ExPLK said:

https://www.gamestop.com/consoles-hardware/playstation-5/consoles/products/playstation-5-digital-edition-wireless-headset-ps-plus-50-ps-currency-system-bundle-with-20-digital-gamestop-gift-card/B225171X.html

dcaggie04
AG
Pro members only
ExPLK
AG
Correct. $15 a year and you can cancel after receiving the unit.

Also, Walmart drop coming at 11am. Details below.

dcaggie04
AG
Actually got an order through this time.
WES2006AG
AG
Just got a disk version through Amazon Treasure Truck for delivery tomorrow. I already have a Series X so now I need to convince myself that I need this too.
ExPLK
AG
Scored two more today. One digital bundle from Gamestop and one disc version from Walmart. Thankful that I am getting able to get these for friends and family. Hopefully others were able to grab some as well!
Fenrir
Treasure truck was swamped. I eventually got through but ended up deciding to hold off. My desire to go ahead and get a PS5 is outweighed by the $500 price tag so far.
Not a Bot
AG
Have one in the cart, got to submit checkout and...NOOOOOOOOO. Had the Brave tracker blocker things up and it blocked the checkout. Hahaha.
Not a Bot
AG
Still in cart at WalMart, will try to check out when the new batch loads in a minute.

Hold!!!!
Not a Bot
AG
Successfully added to cart multiple times. Got through checkout, but got stuck in an infinite loop of "Press and Hold" to verify your identity and order wouldn't go through.

I hate WalMart. I hate the chip shortage.
YNWA_AG
AG

Plus 60fps patch for zero dawn out now
ExPLK
AG
Captain Positivity said:

Successfully added to cart multiple times. Got through checkout, but got stuck in an infinite loop of "Press and Hold" to verify your identity and order wouldn't go through.

I hate WalMart. I hate the chip shortage.
I was able to get it in my cart on my phone during the first release at 11am. I then was able to checkout during the second release at 11:10am. I pulled up the site on my computer and just hit refresh until the next batch became available. As soon as I saw the blue "add to cart" button, I clicked the "checkout" button on my phone from the cart and it let me through.

Walmart is the hardest to snag one from but sounds like you were really close.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.