PS5

185,610 Views | 1869 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Brock Sampson
DallasTeleAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Trying to transfer my saves over, about 4.5GB... and it's saying it will take 19 hours... WTH?

Now I don't know how to stop this and try a direct connect.
Saxsoon
AG
If done well dual sense may be the real differentiator between cross platform games
DallasTeleAg
I have to say, I haven't even started playing yet, but I have to agree about the controller. It just feels so smooth.

I ended up finally figuring out how to format this thumb drive to move my saves over that way. Looks like the only save out of all my games that I could move over is Assassin's Creed Valhalla. Hopefully, I will be able to move the others over, eventully.
Broncos
Realistically, when can we expect to buy one of these without having to time our purchase perfectly online?
Saxsoon
AG
Probably not till Jan or feb.
jr15aggie
AG
Saxsoon said:

If done well dual sense may be the real differentiator between cross platform games

It won't make a difference, but PS5 owners will defintely appreciate it. I wish Xbox had made distinct improvements instead of being too proud of their really good last gen controller.

It's sorta funny cause it felt like yesterday when Sony lost basic rumble in their launch controllers and tried to pretend it was old tech and not needed.
AgsWin2011
AG
I liked the Xbox One controller better than the PS4 controller. I have the Series X and the upgrade with the texture is nice and it feels slightly better, but also feels a little smaller in the hands which I'm not a fan of. I want the controller to fill up my hands. The PS5 controller looks way better than the Xbox controller in my opinion. I hope Xbox comes out with a controller with the trigger resistance and haptic feedback. They'll probably do that with their Elite 3 controller which will cost $200.
Tabasco
AG
I played some GTA today, and there was a subtle buzz in the controller with each gear change, as well as hard brakes. It was really cool and slightly immersive.
cr0wbar
AG
Tabasco said:

I played some GTA today, and there was a subtle buzz in the controller with each gear change, as well as hard brakes. It was really cool and slightly immersive.

jr15aggie
AG
Agreed the series x controller feels a little small at first. Don't notice it after a while though. It's an improvement and I like it.

But by comparison it appears minimalistic next to the PS5 controller. They've done a great job. I hope their additions really catch on and MS is forced to match them.
Not a Bot
AG
I hope all you guys are having fun. Nothing but happiness.
Tabasco
AG
Cactus Jack said:

I hope all you guys are having fun. Nothing but happiness.
I have a friend that has been looking hard. If I hear of anything, I will post here. He saw a couple open box digital for 379 pop up on best buy, but like the walmart thing, he got it in his cart but it ended up being sold out (was probably one unit each time. He also found Sony sold some units today on PSN. He logged in, had to enter his psn and email to verify he was not a bot, and the meter/wait said "more than" one hour. He waited for a couple of hours but they sold out. Just mentioning these so you can maybe put them on your radar.
goodAg80
AG
Has anyone bought the LG OLED CX or GX? If so how do you like it?
fig96
AG
Did the same on PSN, they said to check back tomorrow so might try in the morning.
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
goodAg80 said:

I upgraded from 55" to 65" a few weeks ago. Really nice, and they added a lot of anti burn in features. Definitely make sure you have external sound system.
Bryan98
AG
Heismenberg said:

I liked the Xbox One controller better than the PS4 controller. I have the Series X and the upgrade with the texture is nice and it feels slightly better, but also feels a little smaller in the hands which I'm not a fan of. I want the controller to fill up my hands. The PS5 controller looks way better than the Xbox controller in my opinion. I hope Xbox comes out with a controller with the trigger resistance and haptic feedback. They'll probably do that with their Elite 3 controller which will cost $200.

Until I tried the Elite 1, I didn't think a controller could be worth that money. However, if you game a lot, it is. It's the interface between your intentions and the game. It's also nice and comfortable, with the rubberized grips some Xbox controllers have (the pack-in has texture but it's not as good).

I never figured I'd get one, but one year my wife wanted gift ideas, so I put it on my Amazon wish list. Glad I did!
"Texas - It's still America down here!"
Not a Bot
AG
Any clue as to when Sony might drop more on PSN? Signed in and ready to F5 like crazy. Didn't drop any at 8am
TriumphForks
AG
goodAg80 said:

I had an OLED in the past and LOVED it until I got the "green blob" issue. LG customer service was piss poor and would not fix it. Now it collects dust in my attic.

Bought a Sony x900h to replace it and love it. Don't have the pure black blacks but really this tv performs better in lighter scenes and not to mention the peace of mind not having to worry about burn in or green blob.
Saxsoon
AG
Ok even I wasn't prepared for how big this sucker would be.
CAR96
AG
At this point where can you purchase one of these?
thirdcoast
AG
Walmart just said they prob wouldn't have any until Jan.

What is the best strategy for buying a PS5?

Is it all about online timing or are there other methods to pre/back order??
Not a Bot
AG
SOL it seems. There may be one or two pop up on some sites due to late preorder cancellations but otherwise there's just not going to be much out there.
Tabasco
AG
Cactus Jack said:

SOL it seems. There may be one or two pop up on some sites due to late preorder cancellations but otherwise there's just not going to be much out there.
I think that is false. Sony is trying to crank up production as much as possible to get them to market by Christmas, per Sony CEO Jim Ryan.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/11/more_ps5_consoles_will_be_available_before_and_after_christmas

Not a Bot
AG
Prior reports indicated there will be some small batches coming out on Black Friday. GameStop will have some bundles. Hopefully will see some intermittent restocks that we can hit on but going to be tough sledding. I'm hoping some of the retailers like Sam's will have stock as they may last a bit longer online due to member requirements.

Had time to sign up for a Costco membership and buy when they showed stock on the 12th, but didn't want to sign up for a membership only for them to be out of stock when I checked out. Likely would've had time as their stock actually seemed to last 10-15 minutes.

MBAR
AG
Finished Miles. I knew it was going to be short but man that was really short. Good story tho.
FatZilla
AG
Saxsoon said:

Ok even I wasn't prepared for how big this sucker would be.

fig96
AG
Costco didn't have the digital edition when I looked just after they sold out, looked like just the disc version. Will be checking back periodically though.
FatZilla
AG
fig96 said:

Costco didn't have the digital edition when I looked just after they sold out, looked like just the disc version. Will be checking back periodically though.
If you can get either edition, buy it. You can sell it or trade it for the one your want pretty easily.
Jim01
AG
Has anyone ever used CDKeys.com? I was looking to buy a 12 month PS Plus card and they have three really cheap. Google seems to say they are legit and it's PayPal checkout.

https://www.cdkeys.com/1-year-playstation-plus-membership-ps3-ps4-ps-vita-digital-code?__currency=usd&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5t_I-LiC7QIVO_bjBx2HCQr9EAQYASABEgJlzvD_BwE
fig96
AG
FatZilla said:

fig96 said:

If you can get either edition, buy it. You can sell it or trade it for the one your want pretty easily.
Good point.
fig96
AG
I actually bought one of these last night after seeing it recommended by a reputable site, but for some reason got a transaction error after purchasing. Going to try with a cc again today.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Jim01 said:

Has anyone ever used CDKeys.com? I was looking to buy a 12 month PS Plus card and they have three really cheap. Google seems to say they are legit and it's PayPal checkout.

https://www.cdkeys.com/1-year-playstation-plus-membership-ps3-ps4-ps-vita-digital-code?__currency=usd&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5t_I-LiC7QIVO_bjBx2HCQr9EAQYASABEgJlzvD_BwE

Git my last PSPlus sub card from them. They're legit alright.
AgRN16
AG
Thanks for the link sir!! I just bought it because that is a great deal. Will let you know again once I use the code. It seems pretty legit.
Jim01
AG
Oops. Just tried to buy but realized PayPal had an old card on file. Updated and clicked the link again and hit confirm before I realized it added two to my cart. Emailed them them to cancel one.
Not a Bot
AG
I read last month that Sony seems to have prioritized the disc version and far fewer digital versions were expected to be available at launch.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.