PS5

185,625 Views | 1869 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Brock Sampson
black_ice
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FatZilla said:

My Nov 12 PS5 shipped last night finally. I was in the last batch of the day when i bought one. Should get it Tuesday, just in time to gloat it over everyone at Thanksgiving :P

Fenrir
I mean I still have rdr2, detroit become human, ghost of tsushima, and a bunch of others to play. I can wait til I don't have to fight people off to get one off a shelf.
BallerStaf2003
AG
I have to say, I'm so fully emmersed in demon souls and I think a lot of it is the load times.

It's just such a good game but with this new technology it's not nearly as annoying when you died over and over again (lol) and have to start back at the beginning when it's nearly instantaneous.
chizadbot
AG
I might have to try demon souls. I beat spider man and it was pretty but that DS game looked awesome.
Chase McGuire
For real. I love Bloodborne and Dark Souls, but those loading screens are a beating when you die/travel place to place. The SSD completely changes the experience.
EastSideAg2002
https://www.yahoo.com/news/one-reseller-group-snagged-nearly-142500890.html
AggieKatie2
AG
EastSideAg2002 said:

I love capitalism, but this is one of those instances that ****s the consumers
Tabasco
AG
3500 is small potatoes
Fenrir
And it's probably never going away so long as we buy things digitally and so many people lack the ability to delay gratification.
Bryan98
AG
AggieKatie2 said:

EastSideAg2002 said:

It's not capitalism - black markets are worse under communism.
"Texas - It's still America down here!"
Azariah
AG
Bryan98 said:

AggieKatie2 said:

EastSideAg2002 said:

Exactly, this happens because Sony doesn't appropriately price the first batch of consoles at the astronomical price they should command. They would get crucified if they did, but that would be by people that don't understand capitalism.
YNWA_AG
AG
Just beat miles morales. Pretty good sequel
Cromagnum
AG
EastSideAg2002 said:

There are cock suckers that do this every generation of consoles.
MBAR
AG
Azariah said:

Bryan98 said:

AggieKatie2 said:

EastSideAg2002 said:

Exactly, this happens because Sony doesn't appropriately price the first batch of consoles at the astronomical price they should command. They would get crucified if they did, but that would be by people that don't understand capitalism.

Ummm consumers letting companies know their disatisfaction is part of capitalism. Capitalism doesn't mean just taking whatever bull**** companies want to do. Sony doesn't raise the price for one reason:. It's in their long term interest not to do so. It's not somehow outside of capitalism. Short term price hikes on a secondary market exist because that dude on Craigslist doesn't care if you hate them. Sony still wants to sell you things so they do. That is 100% capitalism.
fig96
AG
Not to mention that people would still buy them and prices would just get jacked up even more on the secondary market.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Just purchased one from Kohl's here after seeing it trend on twitter:

https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-4819741/product.jsp

edit: Total was $693 which includes Spiderman ultimate edition plus $180 in Kohl's cash. Don't know if that's a good deal or not but I said what the hell and pulled the trigger.

I don't typically shop at Kohl's but if they're given me $180 to spend surely I can find something there for Christmas gifts with that money so it sounds like it will make up for the additional money spent. Have an order number but no confirmation email yet but they did charge my card.

edit: says to be delivered between Nov 27-Dec 4. We'll see what happens.
MBAR
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

Just purchased one from Kohl's here after seeing it trend on twitter:

https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-4819741/product.jsp
Just got one too. Thanks. Now I just need to think about whether or not I want to sell my digital or this one.

EDIT: that being said no email conformation so will probably not get it.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Only seen one person so far say their order was canceled on this thread:

johnnyblaze36
AG
My order status has changed to "In Fulfillment".

edit: Now got the order confirmation email. Looking good!
Desert Power
AG
I'm right there with you! Took forever for my confirmation email to arrive but finally did. Now fingers crossed they don't cancel my order!
XXXVII
Of course it drops at Kohls when I'm sleeping. I also heard there was a big Best Buy drop at 5 am. WTF retailers?
sosolik
AG
Just got one on Bestbuy.
Not a Bot
AgShaun00
AgsWin2011
AG
GD it! I check a million times a day and never seem to catch the deals. Guess I need to start checking between 1-6am....
black_ice
ONE-TWO-- said:

I'm right there with you! Took forever for my confirmation email to arrive but finally did. Now fingers crossed they don't cancel my order!

You'll probably get cancelled lol
goodAg80
AG
Heismenberg said:

GD it! I check a million times a day and never seem to catch the deals. Guess I need to start checking between 1-6am....
Your username suggests that you cannot interact with your environment without changing it.
Desert Power
AG
Good thing I secured a Best Buy PS5 as well.
johnnyblaze36
AG
ONE-TWO-- said:

The $180 Kohl's cash was emailed to me at 8:49 this morning.

edit: I am seeing quite a few people saying they got a confirmation email and also the Kohl's cash email and then a cancelation so not out of the woods yet. Does still say In Fulfillment.
Desert Power
AG
Yeah I received Kohl's cash this morning so thats promising. Haven't received cancellation email.....yet
johnnyblaze36
AG
Anybody get canceled yet? I'm still hanging in there. Been obsessively checking my email just waiting for bad news though.

Desert Power
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

Anybody get canceled yet? I'm still hanging in there. Been obsessively checking my email just waiting for bad news though.

My order said it was in fulfillment and I was super happy, then 5 mins ago got the dreaded cancellation email. At least I'll get to keep the Kohl's cash. Super bummed.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Damn. Sorry to hear. It's strange how the cancelation emails have just kept coming in random batches throughout the day.
Bryan98
AG
I passed on the Kohls deal because I only want a PS5 Digital to play Demon's Souls, same as the PS3 for the OG and PS4 for Bloodborne. Kinda getting anxious to get one, tho.
"Texas - It's still America down here!"
MBAR
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

Damn. Sorry to hear. It's strange how the cancelation emails have just kept coming in random batches throughout the day.

I got mine right after you posted about it and I'm not cancelled so you are probably good.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.