PS5

185,635 Views | 1869 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Brock Sampson
Not a Bot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What time were they in stock at target? I tried at midnight, 1 AM, 2 AM, and 6 AM.
CAR96
AG
It was right about 6 am.
AgsWin2011
AG
I looked around 6am and there weren't any shown to be in stock around me.
CAR96
AG
Just to clarify, because I am hearing some confusing things on youtube live streams.....If you buy the PS5 console with Disc....you still can buy a game online and store it on the hard drive...right?
AggieKatie2
AG
CAR96 said:

Just to clarify, because I am hearing some confusing things on youtube live streams.....If you buy the PS5 console with Disc....you still can buy a game online and store it on the hard drive...right?

Absolutely
SquirrellyDan
AG
I was able to get one on Target this morning. I just happened to look when I woke up this morning and got lucky....I had to click purchase about 25 times before it actually went through but I got the 'ready for pickup' email this morning. Good luck to everyone still trying to find one.
nkc1981
AG
Cactus Jack said:

What time were they in stock at target? I tried at midnight, 1 AM, 2 AM, and 6 AM.

It was at 5:50am
goodAg80
AG
nkc1981 said:

Cactus Jack said:

It was at 5:50am
No wonder I missed it.
CAR96
AG
Just walked into a WalMart and they had none in stock or in the back ... the guy checking was probably around 90 years old... he probably didn't even know what he was looking for. Oh well.
AgsWin2011
AG
SquirrellyDan said:

I was able to get one on Target this morning. I just happened to look when I woke up this morning and got lucky....I had to click purchase about 25 times before it actually went through but I got the 'ready for pickup' email this morning. Good luck to everyone still trying to find one.
Do you mind saying what Target/city you were able to get one in?
Tabasco
AG
CAR96 said:

Both digital only and disc PS5 have the same size hard drive. Only difference with the disc version is it can accept physical games (disc).

What you heard is probably this:
If you have a PS4 digital (bought online via download) game, you can transfer it to PS5 no problem.

If you have a PS4 physical copy (disc), you would need the disc version of the PS5 to play the game on the PS5.

Almost everyone wants the digital version because it is $100 cheaper and things are going to digital anyway, but people (like myself) will get whatever is available.
AgsWin2011
AG
But if you get a digital only, you won't be able to transfer over the physical discs you had on a PS4. That's the reason I don't want a digital only system.
CAR96
AG
Sony website has me in a 'Que' with a wait time of an hour. When would this ship if I can get one? It's 4:24 pm.
Broncos
CAR96 said:

Sony website has me in a 'Que' with a wait time of an hour. When would this ship if I can get one? It's 4:24 pm.
You wont get one.
CAR96
AG
Well...that is unfortunate. I really want to get one from Target. They have been the nicest to me in store walk in customer service.

Three Wal Mart's today were just kinda over it...which I understand.
CAR96
AG
Guy on youtube just said 1-2 days ship if you have playstation plus.....I am gonna stay in the que...see how it goes...kinda exciting knowing other people are doing the same thing.
canadiaggie
AG
CAR96 said:

Well...that is unfortunate. I really want to get one from Target. They have been the nicest to me in store walk in customer service.

Three Wal Mart's today were just kinda over it...which I understand.
Has Walmart started doing in-store PS5 purchases? As far as I was aware, they were not. They only had online purchase and delivery, which may explain why you didn't have any luck there.

CAR96
AG
One Wal Mart guy was nice and told me you buy thru their website and pick up in store.
Not a Bot
AG
CAR96 said:

Just walked into a WalMart and they had none in stock or in the back ... the guy checking was probably around 90 years old... he probably didn't even know what he was looking for. Oh well.
Wal-Mart and Target are still online only. They have signs posted in the Electronics section. Would not expect to see any in store on the shelves until January at the earliest, and even then they will be hard to find.

The only retailer that seemed to actually have any in-store was Gamestop on Black Friday and they only had something like 2 per store. Everyone else has been online only.
agproducer
AG
This is so unbelievably frustrating. I jumped on the PS queue yesterday as soon as it happened. The website was overloaded at first and wouldn't connect. When I did, I was caught in Captcha hell. I had to do 6 Captchas before I got through.

There has to be a better way.

My wife keeps telling me, "Well, I told you to pre-order...."
Claude!
agproducer said:

This is so unbelievably frustrating. I jumped on the PS queue yesterday as soon as it happened. The website was overloaded at first and wouldn't connect. When I did, I was caught in Captcha hell. I had to do 6 Captchas before I got through.

From the sound of things, this just would've started your frustration earlier.
goodAg80
AG
agproducer said:

My wife tells me I pull the trigger too soon.
EastSideAg2002
goodAg80 said:

agproducer said:

My wife tells me I pull the trigger too soon.
Sounds like thats her problem. The transaction worked out well for you.
agproducer
AG
Claude! said:

agproducer said:

From the sound of things, this just would've started your frustration earlier.

Absolutely!
SquirrellyDan
AG
Heismenberg said:

SquirrellyDan said:

Do you mind saying what Target/city you were able to get one in?
I live in the SA area.Many targets around me were showing stock, but I couldn't get the order to process. I had just about given up because at this point it was like 10 or 15 minutes after they released them. I found what I thought was the most remote Target within reasonable driving distance and started spamming the order button for the Target in San Angelo. Much to my surprise it worked.
goodAg80
AG
Just got a notice that PS queue is open.

direct.playstation.com
AgsWin2011
AG
It's not gonna happen...
shoes
AG
We will see what happens today. I was able to get in quick with limited "captcha hell", but still at over an hour. I know that is what everyone sees at first, but today was the quickest I was able to act. We will see.
AgsWin2011
AG
shoes said:

We will see what happens today. I was able to get in quick with limited "captcha hell", but still at over an hour. I know that is what everyone sees at first, but today was the quickest I was able to act. We will see.
Same here but I have ZERO confidence.
shoes
AG
and OOS. No go today.
goodAg80
AG
Gone
AgsWin2011
AG
Got one!

just kidding....
CAR96
AG
Anyone having success getting a PS5? Any tips or advice. I am using BrickSeek, Target - MyStore, Popfindr and staying logged into PS Direct, Best Buy.....nothing seems to be dropping this morning (Sat Dec 5 ,2020) as of 10:47 am.
texsn95
AG
CAR96 said:

Anyone having success getting a PS5? Any tips or advice. I am using BrickSeek, Target - MyStore, Popfindr and staying logged into PS Direct, Best Buy.....nothing seems to be dropping this morning (Sat Dec 5 ,2020) as of 10:47 am.

Welcome to the "out of stock oh deer" club!

https://www.dexerto.com/gaming/players-share-hilarious-reaction-to-ps5-restock-selling-out-in-seconds-1457898/?amp
bangobango
AG
So, any of you with kids that want this from Santa? Any backup ideas if you're not able to get one of these?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.