PS5

185,493 Views | 1869 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Brock Sampson
kyledr04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I finally saw a ps5 in stock at a Walmart a few weeks ago. I was surprised.
beatlesphan
AG
Some updates in case anybody is still lurking- I had wanted to get a PS5, but not enough to go through a bunch of hoops to do so. Now you can sign into your account on playstation's website and get one of the bundles (digital or disc version) for regular price with free expedited shipping. You can also get one through Amazon by requesting an invitation- seems like many people getting the invitation a couple of days after requesting it.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AvsB
PS5 Dualsense (all colors) on sale for $50 ($20 off) on amazon right now

NC2001
AG
beatlesphan said:

Some updates in case anybody is still lurking- I had wanted to get a PS5, but not enough to go through a bunch of hoops to do so. Now you can sign into your account on playstation's website and get one of the bundles (digital or disc version) for regular price with free expedited shipping. You can also get one through Amazon by requesting an invitation- seems like many people getting the invitation a couple of days after requesting it.

Thanks for the head's up! I was able to get a PS5 God of War Ragnarok bundle (disc version), an additional controller, and two games. Saved over $100 with the current deals going on. My son will be very happy with his Christmas gift this year!
Icecream_Ag
S
beatlesphan said:

careful with the shipping if you don't work from home. They require signature for delivery and UPS is horrible about actually attempting delivery, at least for me. Took me threatening to bill them for my time (lost 15 hours of time waiting on them to do their jobs correctly) before they finally took me serious about needing the package right then (didn't but I was on day 4 of next day air so was pissed)
Psychag
AG
I was able to obtain one through PlayStation website a couple of weeks ago. They didn't have the digital version so spent a bit more. But same amount of if I purchased at retail.
92Ag95
AG
Psychag said:

I was able to obtain one through PlayStation website a couple of weeks ago. They didn't have the digital version so spent a bit more. But same amount of if I purchased at retail.
I finally got one from there as well. I tried pretty hard at first but finally said "fck it". Tried off and on since. Ridiculous that it took 2 fn' years. I guess I'll enjoy it for a year until the next generation console comes out.
johnson2012
AG
They seem fairly easy to obtain via Amazon now (if you're ok with a bundle). I clicked to be invited to buy a GOW bundle on Thursday and they emailed me yesterday saying I could buy for Monday delivery.
NC2001
AG
So the PS5 I purchased as a Christmas gift for my son is the first "next-gen" console I've purchased since the Xbox 360. Online gaming is now a big thing, and I was wondering if it is worth subscribing to Playstation Plus.

If it is worth it, what package is the best value? Do you download the games you want to play, or are you streaming from the server? How's the performance?

TIA
jrod2181
Your child will def need a subscription I would just get the essential which is like 60 a year and i think 2 downloadable games a month. This will be a good start in my opinion. The games that can be downloaded are value games so stuff like Call of Duty, God of war, etc.... you will need to buy

NC2001
AG
My son has been enjoying games such as Ghost of Tsushima and God of War Ragnarok. Are there any multiplayer games (something like Mario Party, etc.) for the PS5 that y'all recommend?
nkc1981
AG
When you say multiplayer do you mean co-op that two people can be playing together at your house? If so then Sackboy and It Takes Two are both fun co-op games (although neither similar to Mario Party).
NC2001
AG
nkc1981 said:

When you say multiplayer do you mean co-op that two people can be playing together at your house? If so then Sackboy and It Takes Two are both fun co-op games (although neither similar to Mario Party).
I guess I should have clarified. Yes, co-op games are what he is interested in now. His friends come over to play, and they have been trying to find some good multiplayer (co-op) games. We do have a Playstation Plus subscription, so they've been trying out different games that they find interesting.
DallasTeleAg
Borderlands 3 - FPS looter/shooter
Baldur's Gate 3 - RPG with turn-based, strategic combat

The other ones mentioned above, life It Takes 2, are also very popular.
Brock Sampson
AG
Fall Guys. Hours of goofy fun.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.