*****OFFICIAL DESTINY XB-1 THREAD*****

362,535 Views | 3140 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by LPHA
Arkyd
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'd be down...
TefIon Don
AG
I could help out by running sword or shooting gjallys. Just let me know a time/date.
Bigsteve713
AG
we got it done the other day, thanks though
slickag2007
AG
Will anyone be on tomorrow during the day? I want to knock some of these hard mode things out. I have a level 32 Warlock and a level 31 Hunter.
Bigsteve713
AG
about what time? I'm free all day and wouldn't mind helping out
slickag2007
AG
Probably in the morning or late afternoon? I will probably get on around 8 and play for a good while. Have to take the pup to the vet at 145 PM though.
Bigsteve713
AG
yeah I'll be on, send me a request: durrrtysouth713
Arkyd
AG
Anyone on this afternoon and want to help me run either raid on hard? I'm still trying to finish up my moments of triumph...
Raggy09
AG
So haven't played in a long time, finally played the first prison of elders arena, got red death and wolf bane lmg...are the rewards always so nice?
Bigsteve713
AG
no
GigEmAgs14
AG
Not at all, unfortunately
bearamedic99
AG
Has anyone without a Gjally defeated lvl 35 POE? I have not tried it yet but it is one thing I lack for moments of triumph.
Arkyd
AG
I'm in the same boat as you; I did manage to knock out both hard raids this weekend, but still have Skolas left for the moments of triumph. Will be interested to hear the response to your question as well, since I don't have a gally either...
dcaggie04
AG
I don't have a Gally but ran it with a couple of Ags who did. The biggest thing for beating Skola (whether or not you have Gally) is to have a plan of action. If you've never ran it before and noone else in your group has, it will be more difficult to get it done. If you have a person or two that have ran it before and understand the battle progression, it really isnt too terribly difficult.
TefIon Don
AG
No, you don't need a gjally to beat Skolas PoE 35. It is nice to have, but not a requirement. You just need a good team that communicates well, and like dcaggie said a plan of action. I've beaten Skolas 7 or 8 times, so I'm willing to help an inexperienced person as long as the 2nd member is experienced.
Thunder18
AG
Beating Skolas is a lot like beating the raids...once you figure out your timing and have a game plan it just boils down to executing. My buds both have gjallys but I do not, so I used hunger of crota and icebreaker and that worked pretty well for me
slickag2007
AG
I still need to do both hard modes and 35 POE. Hoping to attempt at least one of those in the next couple of days.
Arkyd
AG
I really, really wish Variks would stop offering titan gear with discipline and offer something with intellect already. I need the gear to get to 34, but my titan is already beyond maxed out on discipline...
TexasAggie_02
AG
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/08/04/destiny-recasts-its-most-important-character-with-nolan-north-9709.aspx

Dinklage is gone when the taken king comes out. They re-recorded all of his dialogue, and erased him from existence.

Also, all year one weapons/armor are capped, and cannot be ascended in year two, so basically there is no point in running raids and trials of osiris any more, b/c they don't want you using that gear.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/08/04/destinys-year-one-legendary-weapons-staying-behind-in-year-two-9432.aspx
TheVarian
AG
Well that blows
slickag2007
AG
I'm actually excited that they aren't letting old legendaries ascend to new power levels. I may be in the minority, but I enjoy the grind in this game. And from what I've read, the new features in TTK are going to easily make up for the fact that your old legendaries won't be as powerful. Your exotics are going to be able to ascend to the new levels anyway.
LPHA
AG
Anybody still need to do the 32 PoE?
LPHA
AG
Maybe some slightly day drunk PvP?
slickag2007
AG
I got 2 exotics this week from legendary engrams. Icebreaker and Dragon's Breath. Icebreaker has been awesome. I know they are nerfing it, but I'm still excited to have one in my arsenal.
bearamedic99
AG
Congrats! Icebreaker is good stuff.

If anyone else needs to kill Xyor for the Thorn bounty, msg me. I finally got my titan to lvl 34. Next, I'll start working on my lvl 3 warlock.

is anyone else online Tuesday during the day? I work weekends and have Tuesday off and the kid in daycare.
Thunder18
AG
quote:
I got 2 exotics this week from legendary engrams. Icebreaker and Dragon's Breath. Icebreaker has been awesome. I know they are nerfing it, but I'm still excited to have one in my arsenal.

Icebreaker is my most used and possibly favorite weapon. Sad it is going to get nerfed, it has carried me through a huge portion of this game
Sentinel
AG
I'll be the first to admit I'm an Ice Breaker *****. It's my most used weapon in Crucible. I need to pick another sniper to wreck fools with!
Arkyd
AG
Anyone on want to run the nightfall tonight? It's pretty easy, I almost just did the whole thing myself...
bearamedic99
AG
I think I am done for the day. I finally collected all of the Golden chests. Now I just need to beat level 35 POE.
Arkyd
AG
Ditto on 35 POE. Perhaps we can scrounge a group together this weekend? Last moment of triumph I need...
Agmaniacmike12
Would anybody be interested in starting a year 2 thread? This thread is pretty outdated when it comes to Gamertags. I don't mind starting one, but only if the group that still plays this game would prefer it that way.
LPHA
AG
Probably a good idea
TheVarian
AG
I'm game. Ba dumm tshhh
Raggy09
AG
Agree
bearamedic99
AG
Make it so

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.