*****OFFICIAL DESTINY XB-1 THREAD*****

356,128 Views | 3140 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by LPHA
slickag2007
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is anyone up for the Nightfall or Crota tonight? The wife will be out of town the next few nights, so I'm trying to get some of these raids done while I can. I don't know what level you should be at to do hardmode.
bearamedic99
AG
I finally did a lvl 34 PoE and got the E light upgrade a legendary item. I just don't know which to upgrade. I'm leaning towards vision of confluence, atheons E, or Hunger of Crota
TexasAggie_02
AG
don't waste it on Atheon's epilogue. Auto rifles are so weak right now since they were nerfed. I would use it on VoC, or if you have a fatebringer, or really good piece of armor that you want to upgrade.
TefIon Don
AG
I would first upgrade armor to get you to 34, and then upgrade some weapons. If you are already 34, then I'd upgrade VoC out of those 3.
GigEmAgs14
AG
Will anyone be doing Hard VoG or Hard Crota tonight?
bearamedic99
AG
I had not thought of using on my armor. Nice idea to first get to 34, then worry about weps. Thanks.
LPHA
AG
I'll join you for Crota HM.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
I had not thought of using on my armor. Nice idea to first get to 34, then worry about weps. Thanks.
FYI, the armor you can buy from Variks is already at light level 42.

I would definitely buy one today since the reset is tomorrow. There will be a different armor piece tomorrow. I don't know how many armor cores you have (you can also convert weapon cores to armor cores).

If you buy two pieces from Variks, ascend an exotic piece (costs an extra exotic shard), and ascend one other piece of legendary armor with Etheric light, you will be at 34.

bearamedic99
AG
Yeah, my main character has two from Variks, one lvl 42 exotic, and I soon will upgrade some Crota armor to reach 34
GigEmAgs14
AG
How much and where do you convert them?
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
How much and where do you convert them?
oops, i guess i was mistaken, just looked at what variks had and it looks like you cannot exchange them. What i thought was the exchange is the "judgement's chance" which is like the vanguard packages you get,except you have to buy these.

sorry about that
TheVarian
AG
U what time?
slickag2007
AG
I'm on if anyone wants to play. Maybe nightfall or POE hard? Looked at my legends deal and basically need the 3 hard modes. GT: Slickg2007
Cgoode03
AG
I need the same three to finish, looking to be on around 830 or so GT: BoerneAg03
caveman-economist
AG
Anybody want to do vault of glass?
GigEmAgs14
AG
I am down to do it tonight
TheVarian
AG
Helllllls yeahhhh
Bigsteve713
AG
I need someone to help me beat Crota on normal, I can solo all the way up to him but can't down him consistently. Trying for hunger of crota and just can't seem to do it myself
GigEmAgs14
AG
quote:
I need someone to help me beat Crota on normal, I can solo all the way up to him but can't down him consistently. Trying for hunger of crota and just can't seem to do it myself

I believe you can only get Hunger of Crota by defeating Crota on Hard Mode.
Anybody else confirm this?
LPHA
AG
Special and heavy weapons only drop from normal crota. When do you want to kill the jerk? I can help after work if you haven't finished it by then
Bigsteve713
AG
I will be on this evening, GT: durrrtysouth713
GigEmAgs14
AG
Everyone see that they are nerfing pretty much every gun? Including the wolf pack rounds on gjallarhorn?
Sad day.
Tex117
AG
quote:
quote:

I believe you can only get Hunger of Crota by defeating Crota on Hard Mode.
Anybody else confirm this?
Normal Mode.

Bigsteve713
AG
i probably shouldn't do it today, after 2 nightfalls and from ir yut, I came away with 25 strange coins and 2 radiant shards
TheVarian
AG
Just read about this. FML.

They said they were needing ice breaker and black hammer too
bearamedic99
AG
yup, no free reload on Black Hammer from 3 precision hits (it'll be pulled from your reload stock) and rounds will now take 8 seconds to reload on Icebreaker. The exotics are soon going to be worse than the legendary gear. I understand part of why they are nerfing stuff but why not make maps that do not encourage the use of only shotguns or Thorn? Why not make Gjally more available so more people have it?

Did they ever fix Xur? Is he selling any weapons?
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
yup, no free reload on Black Hammer from 3 precision hits (it'll be pulled from your reload stock) and rounds will now take 8 seconds to reload on Icebreaker. The exotics are soon going to be worse than the legendary gear. I understand part of why they are nerfing stuff but why not make maps that do not encourage the use of only shotguns or Thorn? Why not make Gjally more available so more people have it?

They aren't fixing him this week, they said they would work on it for the future. His stock is random, so if they mess with it, it will make a new random stock. Something similar happened last year.

They didn't want to upset people that didn't have a chance yet to get the armor, plus some ppl would have been able to buy from two different pools of gear.
Aggie_buster
AG
quote:
quote:

They aren't fixing him this week, they said they would work on it for the future. His stock is random, so if they mess with it, it will make a new random stock. Something similar happened last year.

They didn't want to upset people that didn't have a chance yet to get the armor, plus some ppl would have been able to buy from two different pools of gear.

People are saying the reason he's not actually selling a weapon is because the ghally came up. There's a few screen grabs on the destiny forums. Whether it's true or not who knows.

Either way all the nerfs to the exotics is bull****. Especially the hand cannon and ghally ones. HCs are going to be worthless now just like auto rifles.
slickag2007
AG
I actually like the balancing that they are doing to the weapons. I normally use TLW and I feel like what they are changing might not mae a big difference. I'm really glad they are changing gjallahorn. Maybe now I'll be able to find a LFG that doesn't require me to have one. People are just mad that their weapons that made it easy on them won't be so easy anymore. It is going to require more thinking, and that isn't a bad thing.
Sentinel
AG
Filthy casual.
Tex117
AG
If the rumors are true, there are going to be many more exotics dropping in TTK.

If so, they have to nerf the once great guns so that we will chase the new ones. Considering how well Bungie has manipulated the carrots to chase, I feel this is most likely what they are doing.

They have known about Ghorn (icebreaker to an extent) since the very beginning and through multiple weapon rebalancings. They wanted it to be that want, and now, after year one, they don't.
slickag2007
AG
Eh. I may not have put in whole months worth of time into the game, but I have put almost 1 week of hours into it. I think the nerf was necessary in order to promote variety. Bungie saw that there were certain weapons that were being used more than anything else and decided that they wanted to see people using weapons that fit their play style and not just what was popular or "overpowered".
LPHA
AG
Texags crota hm?
Bigsteve713
AG
texags crota normal? I've gotten all the the way to the crota checkpoint but just can't beat him solo, I sure would appreciate a little help
LPHA
AG
I can help you out.

gt: Tiny Pumpkins

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.