*****OFFICIAL DESTINY XB-1 THREAD*****

357,202 Views | 3140 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by LPHA
JonLobb
How long do you want to ignore this user?
anybody around to run the Daily Heroic on 28?

PS4: G8SPECTRE
Saxsoon
AG
Hey we need one more person for the Raid right now. Message me
JonLobb
I'm in the level 28 daily right now if anybody wants to join me
Saxsoon
AG
Just completed my first raid. Lots of shards and energy, but I got Atheon's Epilogue, Found Verdict, and the Warlock Cloak. I am pretty happy with that.
Bryan98
AG
You should be, that's 3 more drops than you'll get on must raids!

(My group went 3/4 on Hard Mode tonight. I got nothing but mats.)
Saxsoon
AG
I have been stuck with the FWC cloak on my warlock for so long and I hated how it looks. The Curiass is exactly how I have wanted my warlock to look
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Thunder18
AG
The raid cuirass for the warlock is badass... i just need the stupid gauntlets to hit 30
Bryan98
AG
Gloves? I've gotten 3 pair.

Boots? Nada.

Hate this random loot system. Played HM VoG for almost 5 hours last night. The two 30s in my group both got full gear in 2 clears or less.
Saxsoon
AG
How is this system truly any different from end game mmos
Bryan98
AG
I have room for one 28 or higher tonight for normal VoG. Should be less than an hour and a half full clear. 8:30pm. XB1.
Bryan98
AG
Marsuvees: I assume you haven't played any other MMOs. This system is very different, and inferior. You have to get 3 raid gear drops to be fully effective in hard mode, and those are completely left to random chance.
Saxsoon
AG
I played the original Guild Wars but that doesn't have the same type of end game that other MMOs have.
Bryan98
AG
Ah. I raided a ton in WoW, and despite that loot system being frustrating at times, it was vastly superior to Destiny's.

One of my biggest complaints about Destiny is how little it seems to have learned from others' mistakes and evolutions.
slickag2007
AG
Does anyone raid at any other time than at night? I don't get many free nights to play video games. But, I do get time during the day on my days off to play.
Bryan98
AG
Tons of people do, but not tons of college graduates like the folks on TexAgs, because we tend towards 9-5s and families.

You can find people raiding any time of day on Reddit's Fireteams page.
bearamedic99
AG
slickag, I'm frequently around during the day on Tuesdays and some Wednesdays or Thursdays.
Saxsoon
AG
I am more like a 6:30-3 kind of guy myself.
JonLobb
I'm usually on from 10pm-1am almost every day. I'm on other times, but that's more or less my designated "Destiny time"
JonLobb
I could really use some folks to run the daily heroic on 28 tonight. lemme know if you want to.

I'm a level 28 hunter, i could probably do it myself if I have to, but it'll take too long.
kill0509
AG
Jonlobb, i'll be on tonight. Just shoot me a message or something and we'll get you through it.
AggieChemE09
AG
A group of 5 lvl 30's just added me when I was chilling at the tower. We cleared the HM Raid in 50 minutes. I got no raid pieces, the ship, and chatterwhite.... I hate RNG
htownag08
AG
So question I hope y'all can help me answer. I've been doing some digging but haven't found any solid info. I just upgraded to a XboxOne - and was all excited about the free destiny upgrade. However, I found out you have to have the digital copy of the game, and I unfortunately purchased the hard copy. There is no way I'm going to start from scratch, so if I was to trade in this game and try to get the xboxone copy, is there any way to get my progress from my 360 version to the new consol?
TexasAggie_02
AG
i think the free upgrade is just for the digital copy of the game itself. Your character isn't tied to the game, its on Bungie's servers, so there shouldn't be an issue with importing your character. I haven't tried it, but i'm sure there are some online guides that will show you what to do.
Bryan98
AG
quote:
i think the free upgrade is just for the digital copy of the game itself. Your character isn't tied to the game, its on Bungie's servers, so there shouldn't be an issue with importing your character. I haven't tried it, but i'm sure there are some online guides that will show you what to do.

I believe all this is correct. Pretty sure you don't have to do anything to migrate your character from one to the other - I actually believe you can keep playing both versions if you owned both.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Any xbone level 30s interested in doing the raid on hard? I've completed normal 10 times and have only gotten 1 pair of raid boots. I have 2 level 29 warlocks through hard up to the gatekeeper. Tried two different pug groups this weekend and could not get past that part.
howdydamnit04
AG
PUGs on hard as a 29 are tough. I haven't found one yet that can get past the gatekeepers with my Titan. I'm going to keep grinding normals till I get my boots.
Saxsoon
AG
Bryan98
AG
I've never (as a 29) been in a Hard Mode group that can pass confluxes. This week I got an Oracles checkpoint and put together a group of people I know with two 30s. We sniped the Oracles on our first try and cheesed Templar. We beat Gatekeeper after working on him for about an hour, I'd guess. Spent maybe 1.5-2 hours on Atheon with no luck.

It was nice to beat Gatekeeper. The non-30 penalty and RNG loot is really obnoxious.
cr0wbar
AG
completed first raid on normal last night- Chatterwhite and a few shards.

And everyone pulled out their sniper rifles and watched me try and make it through the platforms. I was embarrassed.
AggieKatie2
AG
No worries crowbar...my team watched me for like half an hour...and when I did make it across I fell off the ledge and spent another 15 minutes getting back across and across the ledge.
herb96
AG
I time it to where I land just as the 3rd platform spawns, From there, I can jump across easily.
Bryan98
AG
As a Warlock, the only platform I use is the second one. I can make it the rest of the way from there.

I've also once made it from the lower ledge to the right of where you respawn, using no platforms.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
completed first raid on normal last night- Chatterwhite and a few shards.

And everyone pulled out their sniper rifles and watched me try and make it through the platforms. I was embarrassed.
We also shot at you as you made your jumps.
Saxsoon
AG
It took me a couple of tries as a Warlock but I imagine it is a lot easier than a hunter. I once started gliding way to high and my glide actually gave out and I died on the ledge from the impact. Died another time trying to traverse the ledge. Though it wasn't too bad.

I freaked out because I got separated from the group very briefly in the Gorgon Maze. Was able to make it back thankfully.
Tex117
AG
quote:
I've never (as a 29) been in a Hard Mode group that can pass confluxes. This week I got an Oracles checkpoint and put together a group of people I know with two 30s. We sniped the Oracles on our first try and cheesed Templar. We beat Gatekeeper after working on him for about an hour, I'd guess. Spent maybe 1.5-2 hours on Atheon with no luck.

It was nice to beat Gatekeeper. The non-30 penalty and RNG loot is really obnoxious.

I have gone all the way up to Atheon with an only 29 team on Hard. Finished off Atheon with another group with a few 30's. It just takes EVERYONE on the team knowing their role and how to execute it. Very little room for error.

I have found that though you get more chances at RNGesus and some better drops ....Its just not worth it going through that hell more than once under 30. I mean, I did get fatebringer and the vex mythoclast in one hard mode raid, but, hey.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.