*****OFFICIAL DESTINY XB-1 THREAD*****

356,122 Views | 3140 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by LPHA
Aggie_3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
quote:
quote:
Nightfall is pretty damn hard once you get to the boss...we couldnt beat it last night, but I think once I get my armor upgrades Ill be at 28 and it should be slightly easier for us

Did you all hide under the platform, or did you try to face the boss straight up?

Freaking hide! The snipers, servitors, and boss can all pretty much 1 shot you. We tried twice to do it legitimately twice with 2 28's and a 29 and you just can't compete with the damage the throw at you. We still died many times while hiding! Just get through it and take your rewards!

I beat it last night using a different strategy on the boss my buddy is a level 27 and im 21 we just camped out at the top of the ledge were you come into that whole section of the map id run out and draw him around the corner and my buddy would pop rockets and snipe him. Took us about 40 minutes to beat him and i only died 3 times and he never died.
Thunder18
AG
quote:
quote:
Nightfall is pretty damn hard once you get to the boss...we couldnt beat it last night, but I think once I get my armor upgrades Ill be at 28 and it should be slightly easier for us

Did you all hide under the platform, or did you try to face the boss straight up?

We run and gunned, which worked pretty well up until the 3rd wave of reinforcements came in. The freaking shanks would mob all around us...what platform are yall hiding under?
AggieChemE09
AG
quote:
We run and gunned, which worked pretty well up until the 3rd wave of reinforcements came in. The freaking shanks would mob all around us...what platform are yall hiding under?
Here you go!

Basically go through that opening. And then crouchwalk all the way to the back and under the ramp. From there you can shoot at the boss while the adds and him are pretty obstructed from hitting you back. But beware, they can hit and kill you even from under there.

Also, if you were to back up to much from under that ramp there is a spot that you can fall off a cliff to your death. Don't do that!

And finally, if you are a warlock and self-revive, you will spawn at the entrance to that little hiding spot, so be ready to run back to the spot under the ramp while trying not to die a second time!
Tex117
AG
AggieChem and Bryan98, thank you for the tips.

It seems the best option is to tackle the nightfall, Daily at 28, and a raid if I can get a group together. In other words, get gud.
redass1876
AG
We had one hide under the platform to keep his attention and 2 others on the top ledge where you come in just snipe him. 300atk sniper did 7700 a shot

Took like 3 minutes. Not many adds even looked at us
redass1876
AG
quote:
Organizing a Raid on Normal for PS4 tonight at 6 PM Central Time. Looking for 3 28+ players interested in clearing the Raid on a weekly basis. Must have a mic. Message our clan xWRTSx if you are interested.

May take 27s if close

To clarify; we are preferably looking for people to join our clan for weekly VoG. The three of us have already cleared VoG normal (with help of randoms) and know the fights

Add me on PS4 (AeroAgg06) with a messgage saying VoG
Aggie_3
quote:
We had one hide under the platform to keep his attention and 2 others on the top ledge where you come in just snipe him. 300atk sniper did 7700 a shot

Took like 3 minutes. Not many adds even looked at us

Thats what we wanted to do but our 3rd guy backed out right at the last minute
Aggie_3
Redass im gonna send you an add later im not up to yalls level yet but getting there got to level 22 last night.
Thunder18
AG
Awesome. Thanks for the tips...we thought we were going to be badasses and just keep running around the map, but obviously we failed pretty hard
Aggie_3
quote:
Awesome. Thanks for the tips...we thought we were going to be badasses and just keep running around the map, but obviously we failed pretty hard

Yeah they will literally dry push you in the ass if you do that
Raggy09
AG
quote:
Does anyone have the MIDA Multi-tool fully upgraded? I recently got this gun and have the third eye upgrade. How is the gun with the rest of the upgrades? Is it true that the compass on the side will point you to chests and upgrade materials?

I do, although I haven't heard about the compass doing that, which would be awesome if so. When it comes to chests/materials I've been just listening for the noise they make, but hopefully you're right about the compass. I'll check it out later. It's probably one of my favorites so far. Headshots pretty much everything and fires faster than any other scout rifle in the game, and has almost no recoil.
bearamedic99
AG
lvl 25 superrufus99 on XBone if anyone wants to raid tonight
Krussian09
AG
Any word on a Xbox one raid soon?
bearamedic99
AG
open area with nothing to do that will be the focus of a DLC
The Terminus on Venus
Bryan98
AG
quote:
Anyone do the Nightfall last night? How was it? I've read you can kind of cheese it by hiding under the platform up top.

I'm 27 and haven't tried a Nightfall, level 28 Weekly or VoG. Have done everything else.

Well, now I've done everything except VoG. Last night a friend and I tried in vain to find a third on our friends list and ended up PUGing a guy from DestinyLFG.com. We ran the Nightfall with me at 27 and the two of them at 28. We took it slowly and sniped from max range and mostly had no problems. We never wiped and lost our progress. When we got to the boss, instead of going under the platform, we stayed on the cliff at the entrance to the area and peeked out from the corner to shoot. Not fast, but not dangerous, either. The PUG was a Sunsinger with Fireborn unlocked, so that gave us an extra cushion of wipe safety, although he never had to use it.

After that, we ran the same Strike again as the Weekly Heroic level 28, and it was comically easy in comparison. We pretty much took the enemies on straight-up. For the boss area, we still stayed around the cliff, but we were much more liberal in stepping out into the open to shoot.

Nightfall loot is pretty sweet. Our PUG got an exotic Auto-Rifle (possibly Hard Light), I got a legendary shotgun (which will see play in the Crucible), and my friend got a legendary hand cannon, poor guy.

Doing those two runs put me to rank 3 with the Vanguard, so they mailed me a legendary Pulse rifle. I am now pretty sure I hate Pulse rifles. How are they different than scout rifles, on a practical level, other than having a weaker zoom? Yeah, they fire three bullets, but so fast that they may as well be one. I'm going to try and hold onto my Marks until I see what Xur brings tomorrow, and then I'm going to buy an Auto-Rifle. Probably Shadow Price from Vanguard - it seems to have a better rep than Dr. Nope, even if the name isn't as funny.
Kampfers
AG
Gonna try to do the nightfall and/or weekly strike (time permitting) tonight after the stars game if anyone cares to join.
Thunder18
AG
quote:
Gonna try to do the nightfall and/or weekly strike (time permitting) tonight after the stars game if anyone cares to join.

Kamp I will be on tonight and need to do the nightfall as well, but I wont be on super late because I have to be up extremely early Friday...what time do the Stars play?
herb96
AG
Also a Texans game tonight. So probably Sunday, after football. Maybe we can get at least two groups on the xb1 going.
Tex117
AG
Anybody around for a daily heroic, weekly heroic, and potentially a nightfall with a lvl 27 hunter around 5pm today? Ps4
cr0wbar
AG
quote:
Anybody around for a daily heroic, weekly heroic, and potentially a nightfall with a lvl 27 hunter around 5pm today? Ps4

Did we play last week, Tex? I'll be on later this evening. Level 26 Hunter.
psn: crow_bar08
Kampfers
AG
quote:
quote:

Kamp I will be on tonight and need to do the nightfall as well, but I wont be on super late because I have to be up extremely early Friday...what time do the Stars play?

7:30 central so I probably wont be on til 9:30ish.

Want to do the strikes though, not the raid, because I want to do something that earns XP to level my new guns before doing the raid again.
Thunder18
AG
Damn. I gotta be up at 440 so I will probably be hopping off around that time
Xiuh
Reading all this gets me bummed. I have soloed everything, getting myself up to 27 1/2. Bored doing things alone and still haven't pvped as it doesn't interest me if not part of a group.
Bryan98
AG
quote:
Reading all this gets me bummed. I have soloed everything, getting myself up to 27 1/2. Bored doing things alone and still haven't pvped as it doesn't interest me if not part of a group.

Why don't you try playing with other people, then?
howdydamnit04
AG
This might be a little excessive... but I just figured out if you have multiple characters you can do the public events with each character and get the guaranteed Ascendant material with each of them.
Xiuh
Easy answer is that by time I log on everyone is already in the raid or full group. So I end up playing something else heh. Not truly bummed out lol
Bryan98
AG
howdy: That's not excessive. Excessive is three characters all the same class so they can share armor drops.
Aggie_3
quote:
Easy answer is that by time I log on everyone is already in the raid or full group. So I end up playing something else heh. Not truly bummed out lol

Ps4 or xbone
Xiuh
Xbox one, Xiuhcoatyl
Tex117
AG
quote:
quote:

Did we play last week, Tex? I'll be on later this evening. Level 26 Hunter.
psn: crow_bar08
You may have been one of the guys who bailed me out! I got tied up today, but lets team up soon.
millertyme
AG
I need fireteam members. Reading this thread makes me believe I will not find them as I am a Lvl 10 Warlock. Anyone with a lower level guy looking to team up on PS4, let me know.

tlhero50
Kampfers
AG
Xur is selling Icebreaker this weekend. I'm not sure whether I want to buy it or save my coins for next week.

It would be a no brainer but I just got Praedyth's Revenge which is a legendary void sniper from the raid last week which is pretty similar (only without regenerating ammo).

I do find it interesting that raid armor is better than normal armor, but raid weapons are (for the most part) the same as normal legendaries or exotics.
spieg12
AG
Praedyth's Revenge is not at all similar to Icebreaker. I have three of them and one Icebreaker. PR has ZERO recoil when maxed out and is very easy to hold on target. Also does void damage and bonus damage to oracles in VoG. Plus targets only explode with a headshot. Icebreaker will kick to the freaking sky after ever shot, does solar damage, has a much worse scope, and when maxed out does considerably more damage per shot than PR. Also killing a target anywhere will make them explode. And it sounds cool.
Aggie_3
quote:
I need fireteam members. Reading this thread makes me believe I will not find them as I am a Lvl 10 Warlock. Anyone with a lower level guy looking to team up on PS4, let me know.

tlhero50

Ill hit you up after work im working on leveling up my titan
Saxsoon
AG
I may finally cave and get a sniper with that one out. Problem is all of my specials (invective and pocket infinity as well as my rocket launcher Unfriendly Giant) are Solar Weapons. Really need to start picking up some other weapon types.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.