*****OFFICIAL DESTINY XB-1 THREAD*****

357,208 Views | 3140 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by LPHA
TexasAggie_02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://kotaku.com/why-high-level-destiny-players-are-all-shooting-at-the-1637187488?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

Another loot farming tactic
wee_ag
AG
Yup, that's a great farming area. Sometimes I prefer the hectic fighting of the moon farm, but this is much more relaxing.

quote:
quote:
quote:
just do 30 minutes a day or so of all levels on hard or really hard levels. Should be ok
Does it matter what level you run them at? I thought they dropped the same
stuff no matter the level.

I think it does matter what level you are playing on. I hadn't ever seen any purple engrams until I started farming for them. Are you doing it on level 22+ or 24+ ?

I think I've been setting it at anywhere from 9 to 20ish. Still no purples.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Fyi, I just farmed that area for 20 mins, got a crap load of blue armor, and a legendary sniper
Kampfers
AG
I've never had a purple engram drop from farming, and I've done a **** ton of farming. Of course it wasn't a waste. The only way I was able to get legendary gear was by leveling up the cryptarch. He will send you a care package that sometimes includes legendary engrams. So all those blues I've found came in handy. I also got a legendary from the crucible once.

Kampfers
AG
quote:
quote:
Does wearing a cape from a faction actually benefit you?

You get points added to whichever faction you're wearing when you complete bounties or crucible matches.

Or one of the strike playlists. Each of the factions specializes in 2 stats (intelligence, strength, discipline) so pick the one that fits your playstyle.
Krussian09
AG
Yesterday afternoon was ridiculous for me. Got the exotic Sunbreaker gloves from Xur, legendary chest from vanguards, and got an exotic pulse rifle from leveling my cryptarch.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
Finally have an exotic weapon (not from the weapon bounty)! Additional bonus, it is my preferred weapon type (hand cannon)!!!
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
I think we have the people to try a raid on PS4.

Me (TheForrestFires)
Kanye_Lamar
DramaPhelps
Boogie05
kill0509
Saxsoon

Maybe a few more. I just know all of the ones I listed are at least level 26. Now we just need to find a time all six of us can be online.
Saxsoon
AG
I am almost there, actually lvl 25 and I only have a blue pulse rifle. I am really hoping for a legendary AR from the Vanguard armory before I even attempt that mess. Also need to work on getting the rest of my FWC gear, halfway there. Give me about another week before I am comfortable tackling it.
jr15aggie
AG
So how do you join those "clans" or whatever... Do you buy one of their cloaks? Will you keep getting Vanguard points, or will your points only go towards that clan once you wear the cloak?
bearamedic99
AG
I didn't realize the different factions had different attributes other than cosmetic. I joined FWC and need to research more
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
quote:
So how do you join those "clans" or whatever... Do you buy one of their cloaks? Will you keep getting Vanguard points, or will your points only go towards that clan once you wear the cloak?
You get all your points going to the faction while you wear their gear (including patrols, strikes, crucible, etc.)
wee_ag
AG
More info on factions - didn't realize each had it's own focus...

http://destinynews.net/faction-right/

quote:
When you pick a faction, you must decide which two armor attributes you want to focus on.

Intellect: reduces the cooldown time of your Super
Discipline: reduces the cooldown time of your grenade
Strength: reduces the cooldown time of your melee special ability

Dead Orbit: DIS/STR (Melee and Grenades)
Future War Cult: INT/DIS (Grenades and Super)
New Monarchy: INT/STR (Super and Melee)

Choosing which factions you want to work with is a simple combination of which abilities you use most and which faction interests you more. Other details such as weapon appearance/patterns and emblems could also be considered. There's also a question of gun choice:

Dead Orbit: Offers no pulse rifles, 1 Legendary of each other archetype
FWC: Offers no auto rifles, 1 Legendary of each other archetype
New Monarchy: Offers no pulse rifles, 1 Legendary of each other archetype
jr15aggie
AG
So joining a faction is as simple as wearing their colors? Is there anything else required to join. Any reason to not keep working on Vanguard stuff? I'm just now to the point where I am semi close to getting legendary armor with my Vanguard points.
howdydamnit04
AG
Just got my exotic shotgun from the bounty.
TheVarian
AG
quote:
So joining a faction is as simple as wearing their colors? Is there anything else required to join. Any reason to not keep working on Vanguard stuff? I'm just now to the point where I am semi close to getting legendary armor with my Vanguard points.

If you are close, I don't see the point in joining a faction. If you do decide to join, all those crucible points you've earned on your way to the vanguard items, will start over. Not worth it in my opinion
Naked Hiker
AG
XBONE nude hiker
nomad2007
AG
Is there not a matchmaking system with the crucible? I'm level 6 and keep getting put with level 25+. That would seem like a bit of an...oversight on their part. I can't even play the crucible because of it... it's a total mismatch.
Saxsoon
AG
Faction/crucible/vanguard points do no start over. I had gained half way to lvl 1 on vanguard when I started working on my FWC rep. At the moment I started wearing the colors, all vanguard and crucible rep went towards FWC. Once I reached lvl 2 to buy armor (I wanted to buy guns from Vanguard) I took off the bond for warlock and began gaining rep as usual. Vanguard for vanguard and crucible for crucible. Those rep points stayed exactly the same as when I left them.

The marks you earn (vanguard or crucible) are not tied to a specific faction and stay the same.
Thunder18
AG
quote:
Faction/crucible/vanguard points do no start over. I had gained half way to lvl 1 on vanguard when I started working on my FWC rep. At the moment I started wearing the colors, all vanguard and crucible rep went towards FWC. Once I reached lvl 2 to buy armor (I wanted to buy guns from Vanguard) I took off the bond for warlock and began gaining rep as usual. Vanguard for vanguard and crucible for crucible. Those rep points stayed exactly the same as when I left them.

The marks you earn (vanguard or crucible) are not tied to a specific faction and stay the same.

Thats good...although it would be nice if we could gain xp towards the faction AND have it still count towards crucible/vanguard, but I can see why they didn't allow that
jr15aggie
AG
^^^ exactly... Because they give you 12 hours of gameplay and want you to spend 10 times that grinding for gear so you can reply those same levels with awesomerfantastic stuff! Ugh. I think I'm about done with this game, but I also spent 30 min yesterday with some randoms shooting at a cave from distance. It's fun.
agfan2013
AG
quote:
Because they give you 12 hours of gameplay and want you to spend 10 times that grinding for gear so you can reply those same levels with awesomerfantastic stuff!

This has been my biggest disappointment. The controls are good, gameplay is fairly interesting, bosses are fun to take on, but in less than 15 hours I've played every mission and now my only option is to keep replaying missions over and over to get better equipment. Would be a lot more tolerable if every planet had 10+ missions but seeing as there's usually 5 or so and a lair, this is going to get really repetitive fast.

Multiplayer is fun but again, only 4 or 5 game modes, maps are ok. Yeah, I don't know how much longer I'll be playing this one, if the new lord of the rings game gets good reviews I may pick that up and this will get left behind fairly quickly.
jr15aggie
AG
I agree. Technically the game is really great and the gameplay is definitely fun. What I can't figure out is where is this EPIC game we were promised that, according to rumors, took a crazy amount of money to create. I mean, most of us have played Skyrim and Mass Effect... this game seems small compared to both.

I mean, the worlds are decent size in Destiny, but every "cave" is the same. There are very few places off the beaten path to explore that aren't a 200 sq. ft. cave/room that looks just like the other cave/room you just found. It feels like a linear game where you get to choose the order you do the levels. But again, at least what's there is really fun.

And I'm with you... I'm looking at all the games coming up and this one is probably trade bait very soon. Glad I bought it, was fun playing it, but I've done just about everything I wanted to do in it. The only way I can get a lot more out of it is to buy DLC and I don't think that's gonna happen.

HossAg
AG
Yeah, the hype lead me to expect some giant open world game with seamless multiplayer and campaign integration. You get that to an extent, but not on the level that I was expecting. Basically another fps multiplayer game with a cool coop mode
Krussian09
AG
I'm really wanting to try out Vault of Glass. I hit 27 over the weekend and itching for some new content.
AggieChemE09
AG
LVL 25 now. I'm only a few vanguard marks short of another legendary, and I should have enough Strange Coins for an exotic on Friday. So Vault of Glass, here we come!
Kampfers
AG
I'm going to withhold final judgement until we can really delve into the Vault of Glass.

Speaking of which...

The next time we do that we need dedicated fireteams. There are 3 control zones in that opening sequence which means we need 2 people at each. Preferably one support class at each zone (defender titan or sunsinger warlock).

Going ahead and looking forward to that, lets look at levels and classes so we can fit together a team.

Kampfers - Level 27 - Hunter (Bladedancer)
Donde - Level 26 - Titan (Defender)
Space Cactus - Level 26 - Warlock (???)

JattAg - Level 2? -
Phelan - Level 2? - Titan (Defender)
Mike - Level 2? -

The Afterl1fe - Level 25 - Warlock (Voidwalker)
Wee - Level 24 - Warlock (Sunsinger)
Midget - Level 24 -
CRM - Level 24 -
I'm doing this by memory so help me fill in as necessary.
Saxsoon
AG
I prefer the voidwalker but I am slowly building up my sunsinger because I have a feeling that is absolutely necessary for VoG. Especially the whole regeneration thing.
AggieChemE09
AG
quote:

The After1ife - Level 25 - Voidwalker (leveling up Sunslinger this week)
jr15aggie
AG
You level 25+ guys... how much time would you say you've put into the game so far? I hit level 20 and have been playing for at least 2-4 hours since then w/out getting to level 21 yet. I've probably played the game somewhere around 15-20 hours.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
For VoG purposes, my hunter has maxed both Bladedance and Gunslinger, though neither is a support class.
jarAGGIE05
AG
jr15aggie, I'm level 24, closing in on 25 and have played 33 hours.
agmrpink
AG
I haven't played Destiny yet, but scrambled across this link during my Gamespot scan, and it's supposed to be good for some quality item farming. Happy hunting!

Gamespot: "Treasure Cave"

Edit: this may or may not be the same thing posted at the top of the page. If so, sorry!
Ranger222
AG
I'm afraid to trade this game in because as soon as I do, they are likely to open some new raid and I'll regret my decision.

Does anyone know what's in the DLC?
dcaggie04
AG
quote:
I'm afraid to trade this game in because as soon as I do, they are likely to open some new raid and I'll regret my decision.

Does anyone know what's in the DLC?
A little info on the 1st DLC which will drop in December.

Also, "The Queen's Wrath" event is starting tomorrow and runs through Oct. 6th. Supposed to have new bounties and mission modes with it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.