*****OFFICIAL DESTINY XB-1 THREAD*****

362,405 Views | 3140 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by LPHA
MaroonOut09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
I just calculated it, and unless i can get some people regularly to start being able to do the weekly heroic and the raid, as well as the max difficulty on the daily, it will take me 96 days to get the required number of shards needed to reach max upgrades on my gear.

that's sobering.
Jon,
You are at the point you need to team up. Either here, or destinylfg.

Raid, Nightfall, weekly, daily, bounties. In that order.

The shards will come doing the raid...oh yes...effing damn shards...you will hate them by the end.
i've been spamming this thread every night that I play, only teamed up once so far and they'd already done the weekly and nightfall.
I'll shoot you an invite tonight as I also have yet to run a weekly or nightfall.

PS4: MaroonOut09
Bryan98
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I just calculated it, and unless i can get some people regularly to start being able to do the weekly heroic and the raid, as well as the max difficulty on the daily, it will take me 96 days to get the required number of shards needed to reach max upgrades on my gear.

that's soberin
Jon,
You are at the point you need to team up. Either here, or destinylfg.

Raid, Nightfall, weekly, daily, bounties. In that order.

The shards will come doing the raid...oh yes...effing damn shards...you will hate them by the end.
i've been spamming this thread every night that I play, only teamed up once so far and they'd already done the weekly and nightfall.
Whelp, destinylfg.net Post what you are looking for. I've used it for the raid both on normal and hard. Most experiences have been pretty good.

Some people are afraid to PUG, for whatever reason (that's MMO slang for Pick Up Group for those who don't know). I've always seen pugging as a way to get to do content that my current guild/group of friends isn't getting me into. I've made some good online friends through pugging, and I've rarely if ever had a truly awful experience. Most people are just people. I pugged VoG for my first clear. I've tried pugging HM VoG twice, and while we didn't pass the confluxes either time, neither was a bad experience.

The bottom line is that pugging is taking control of what content you get to play. Be a self-starter and pug!
AggieKatie2
AG
Anyone else getting kicked off severs a lot tonight?
Cgoode03
AG
Got kicked off a lot while patrolling the moon earlier
howdydamnit04
AG
quote:
Some people are afraid to PUG, for whatever reason (that's MMO slang for Pick Up Group for those who don't know). I've always seen pugging as a way to get to do content that my current guild/group of friends isn't getting me into. I've made some good online friends through pugging, and I've rarely if ever had a truly awful experience. Most people are just people. I pugged VoG for my first clear. I've tried pugging HM VoG twice, and while we didn't pass the confluxes either time, neither was a bad experience.

The bottom line is that pugging is taking control of what content you get to play. Be a self-starter and pug!
LFG is great. Ive been on some bad groups where people didnt listen to advice and were terrible and the whole thing was bad... those you drop. Then Ive been in some great ones like today. I joined in to do Nightfall with 2 guys. Went well so we ended up doing the Weekly, then the Daily, then did a quick run through the Vault on normal with Donde and a couple other PUGs. All of that took about 2.5 hrs.
cr0wbar
AG
Ran Nightfall with Red & Bru last night for 1.5 hours. Kiddo problems made me leave the game with Valus Ta'aurc at half health. They then proceed to beat the boss in 15 minutes with MaroonOut....

fml
jtbru8508
AG
We kinda got lucky in the fact that the boss wandered in to my protected corner and just sat there for the rest of the time shooting at me where he couldn't hit me. I was able to unload everything I had in to him and then just kept hitting him with nades. The regen pretty fast for me. Combine that with a few rockets from red and he was finished. Half health to none in no time.
wreckt01
I'll be on tonight if anyone wants to run strikes/nightfall etc

I want to try the normal raid soon as well

Xb1. Wreckt01
redbaron788
AG
I'll try to level up my Titan some more so I can run it again crow.

In the meantime I think we should try to start the raid tonight
herb96
AG
Kampfers join our fireteam when we were halfway through the boss fight for the weekly heroic strike. Then Kampfers got the disconnect one second before the boss went down.
cr0wbar
AG
quote:
I'll try to level up my Titan some more so I can run it again crow.

In the meantime I think we should try to start the raid tonight

I don't care what they say about you Red- you are good people
Kampfers
AG
quote:
Kampfers join our fireteam when we were halfway through the boss fight for the weekly heroic strike. Then Kampfers got the disconnect one second before the boss went down.
The ****ing power went out and didn't come back on until ~11pm. **** that noise.
redbaron788
AG
Aww tha.... Wait, what do they say about me?

redbaron788
AG
That was supposed to be the angry face!
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
quote:
The ****ing power went out and didn't come back on until ~11pm. **** that noise.
i live in the country, and have occasional brown-outs and flickers. My internet is a 4G antennae that is in my upstairs closet, so i bought a USB battery that has my TV, xbox, router, and antennae all plugged into it. It was really designed to run a desktop computer for 20 mins, but it will run all the crap i have plugged into it for about 7 mins. enough to save me from the minor hiccups of country life.
Tex117
AG
Calling all level 29 and 30s on ps4.

We are trying to get a hard raid together this week. We already have 3.

Anyone want to knock some skulls?
redbaron788
AG
29/30 Hunter interested, when were yall thinking about trying?
spieg12
AG
I haven't played Destiny in about a week since I was getting burned out. I got advanced warfare early last Friday and have been playing that. Came back yesterday and actually had fun again. Did three hard raids in a row on all three of my characters. Our fastest was 49 minutes. I got what some people would consider one of the best drops ever at Atheon on my Titan. Two helmets, the vex mythoclast, and the legendary sparrow. Problem is, I already had all of that. I did get the Praetorean Foil (the fusion rifle) and my first Praedyths Timepiece earlier in the same run so I was happy. Just need another Titan armor to drop then I'll have each class at level 30.
Cabtex
AG
overachiever...

I have some freetime this weekend, so hopefully I can race through the story mode to try to catch up.
TexasAggie_02
AG
boogieman
AG
Crap. I have a bad habit of wanting to melee things.
AggieKatie2
AG
Ditto.

Although I've worked my way up to being able to beat the Daily and Weekly on the hardest level solo.

Nightfall I can make it to the "boss" and die....sucks.
Tex117
AG
quote:
29/30 Hunter interested, when were yall thinking about trying?
We are just in the beginning stages of planning.

Any days work better for you? What's your screen name btw
redbaron788
AG
same as here, redbaron788.

pretty much any weekday day after 7, Saturday depending on the result of the game could be earlier or later, Sunday anytime after noon
kill0509
AG
AggieKatie, are you on PS4 or XB1? Buddy and I still need to run the nightfall strike this week as well. I'll be online til around 6:30 CST when we head to the exhibition game tonight against A&M Commerce. Don't know if I will be online after the game tonight or not but we'll be on throughout the week for sure as well. My PSN is kill0509 if you are on PS4.
bearamedic99
AG
Katie, would there be time tonight for Nightfall? I need to do it as well after my one year old goes to bed
JonLobb
alright folks, before i go pugin' away

PS4: G8SPECTRE, let's make it happen. haven't done daily, weekly, nightfall, or bounties. i'm up for anything, and i have a mic
FriendlyAg
Would yall say the gameplay is fun?
Bryan98
AG
It is in general, and it's fun as hell with friends.
FriendlyAg
I'm considering buying a ps4 so I'm researching games. I use to PC game growing up but didn't play games through college. I hate all the new cod games that j have seen.

I like the idea of a fps mmo.
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
It's fun, can get repetitive but also is addicting. I probably wouldn't be playing it as often if we didn't have a good group of texags guys on most nights to play with. Getting on and playing through the daily missions and then tackling the harder things like nightfall and weekly strikes with the same group of people has been a lot of fun.
kill0509
AG
JonLobb, added you tonight. I have a couple of groups from TexAgs that we run with depending on who all is online. Hopefully we'll catch you on this week sometime.
Tex117
AG
quote:
I'm considering buying a ps4 so I'm researching games. I use to PC game growing up but didn't play games through college. I hate all the new cod games that j have seen.

I like the idea of a fps mmo.
Not sure I would buy it for ONE game, but its a solid one to grind away on with friends. That's really the kicker, if you don't have a couple of buddies to team up with for the Nightfall, Weekly and Raid, it just would not be as much fun. Gameplay is rock solid. RNGesus (you will get familiar with this term), will be the bane of your existence.

quote:
same as here, redbaron788.

pretty much any weekday day after 7, Saturday depending on the result of the game could be earlier or later, Sunday anytime after noon
Sweet. Maybe we can get something together afternoon on Sunday. Will add you to the friend list.
slickag2007
AG
I think I need to work on my Sunsinger class. I normally use Voidwalker, but I've heard Sunsinger is invaluable during raids. Anyone have tips on how to level your secondary class quickly? Besides the obvious things like bounties and what not.
TexasAggie_02
AG
do the nightfall, for the XP boost. Play the tiger strike playlist or crucible after you are done with bounties.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.