*****OFFICIAL DESTINY XB-1 THREAD*****

357,179 Views | 3140 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by LPHA
JTA1029
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
XBONE

GMAN1029
fta09
AG
Just got the game today. Almost to level 7. I don't usually like to play FPS games on consoles (mouse + keyboard >>> controller imo) but this is pretty fun. I know it's a small touch, but I like how they utilized the light bar on the PS4 controller.

PSN: olrock09
kill0509
AG
Eyeguytex, just added you. Sorry, been playing with my college buddy and we just finished for the night.
texasproof
I would be playing more but my wife seems to have the controller in her hands more than me of late....

PSN: LostWithoutABeat
Sandman23
AG
Having a blast so far even though my gaming time is pretty limited.

PS4: LawSchoolSandman
Vade281
AG
The new raid dungeon is open that you can take 6 people into. No matchmaking, but you can continue your progress if you stick with the same raid leader... sounding more like an MMO, and I have no problems with that.
Kampfers
AG
Yeah, I don't think anyone on the XB1 has gear that's good enough to access the mission yet. I'm a lvl 24 and it won't let me access the weekly nightfall strike yet, so I doubt I can do the vault of glass. Hopefully I'll be ready this weekend, when I can devote that much time to it.
AggieChemE09
AG
I'm nearly 20 so I wont be to far from joining Y'all!
agmrpink
AG
quote:
I would be playing more but my wife seems to have the controller in her hands more than me of late....

PSN: LostWithoutABeat

You're giving her the wrong joystick bro
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
I guess we don't rule #1 in the Nerdery.

Also, on PS4, is there a high level Titan that can create the bubble shield? I am pretty sure that person's character will be super important for the six person raids.

In case you guys are wondering, I am a bladedancer. So, against some bosses my super is useless.
Saxsoon
AG
You can always switch to gunslinger right before a boss. I switch the ability of my super for void Walker so it does 3 projectiles instead of the drain ability
agfan2013
AG
Man that bladedancer power the hunters get can really mess you up in the crucible. Had multiple times where in the 3v3 playlist some guy would charge in and light all 3 of us up since we tend to stay close together for support. Thing is ridiculous, I managed to rocket launcher him one time to trade out but that was it.
PatAg
AG
Least they aren't skill-less locks and titans.
Saxsoon
AG
The warlocks one isn't exactly skillless. There are times even in the campaign where I have missed if I hit a wall or overshoot it.

I would say the only one that truly relies on skill would be gunslinger. The bladedancer is just like the Sword of Crota and that bad boy was just a button jam fest.
Ranger222
AG
Just watched a youtube video of a group attempting the Vault of Glass. They had 3 guys, and they were overwhelmed. Looks like you're going to have to have all 6 people in a raid to do it affectively. It's pretty crazy.
Kampfers
AG
quote:
Yeah, I don't think anyone on the XB1 has gear that's good enough to access the mission yet. I'm a lvl 24 and it won't let me access the weekly nightfall strike yet, so I doubt I can do the vault of glass. Hopefully I'll be ready this weekend, when I can devote that much time to it.

It actually will let me access it. Depending on who's on tonight, you may get some invites, just so we can test the waters
Xiuh
Xbox one: Xiuhcoatyl Mostly been doing the strike and leveling up solo save for the random groupings. Have a couple pieces of light gear and just want to run with some reliable people. Bladedancer
wee_ag
AG
quote:
Least they aren't skill-less locks and titans.
Ranger222
AG
First two fire squads to clear Vault of Glass took 10 and 12 hours, respectively

http://www.destinydb.com/news/posts/15-primeguard-clears-the-vault-of-glass-raid
Saxsoon
AG
IGN

Estimated 1600 deaths in the squad?! WTF

Saxsoon
AG
wee_ag
AG
quote:
Their average lifespan was 2 minutes and 22 seconds
Say Chowdah
AG
quote:
IGN

Estimated 1600 deaths in the squad?! WTF

Holy balls!!!!

Bungie better be careful. They could be brought up on charges of crimes against humanity or torture!
wee_ag
AG
Loot farming made easy!

quote:
Here's what you do:

• Begin the Moon story mission "The Dark Beyond." Change the difficulty to be a few levels below where you're currently at, so it's not too easy.
  • Play through the mission up through the cutscene where your character finds the dead guardian outside the big moon door.
  • When the fallen come rushing out of the door, shoot all of the thralls that charge you, but ignore the knights and acolytes. Stay at the bottom of the stairs, and let the knights and acolytes kill you. You'll respawn immediately before the door opened, but whatever loot the thralls dropped will remain.
  • Repeat over and over again, and watch the loot pile up.
  • Profit.
  • Optional Minigame: Every time Ghost exclaims "We've woken the Hive!" respond by crying "Whatever shall we do??" in your most panicked voice.

http://kotaku.com/how-to-trick-destiny-into-helping-you-farm-tons-of-loo-1635561654
bigbass1170
AG
Ho. Lee. Sheet.
Say Chowdah
AG
question:

For the first Earth Strike, did you die a lot during it?

Reading the 1600 kills gives me a little hope that perhaps this game isn't easy at any level and dying may just be a part of the game. After getting through the barrier, I kept getting killed by the tank (as did my teammates). Is that just expected?

I'm new to multiplayer so I am really not used to be killed off.
Thunder18
AG
Yea first earth strike i died a ton
Say Chowdah
AG
quote:
First two fire squads to clear Vault of Glass took 10 and 12 hours, respectively

http://www.destinydb.com/news/posts/15-primeguard-clears-the-vault-of-glass-raid

Interesting fact, both teams had:

3 Titans
2 Hunters
1 Warlock
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
quote:
Loot farming made easy!

quote:
Here's what you do:

• Begin the Moon story mission "The Dark Beyond." Change the difficulty to be a few levels below where you're currently at, so it's not too easy.
  • Play through the mission up through the cutscene where your character finds the dead guardian outside the big moon door.
  • When the fallen come rushing out of the door, shoot all of the thralls that charge you, but ignore the knights and acolytes. Stay at the bottom of the stairs, and let the knights and acolytes kill you. You'll respawn immediately before the door opened, but whatever loot the thralls dropped will remain.
  • Profit.
  • Optional Minigame: Every time Ghost exclaims "We've woken the Hive!" respond by crying "Whatever shall we do??" in your most panicked voice.

http://kotaku.com/how-to-trick-destiny-into-helping-you-farm-tons-of-loo-1635561654
I will try this for level 24 and see what happens. Hopefully it a) works and b) the loot is not so bad since I am level 24
wee_ag
AG
What I find interesting is that Bungie estimated 6 hours for a raid, and these guys were double that. Curious if there's more efficient ways to run them... so begins the speed raid runs!
Kampfers
AG
Just found a ship schematic in a chest on Venus. Ooooooh.

The ship is called "laughing behind your back"

Hmmm
Say Chowdah
AG
quote:
What I find interesting is that Bungie estimated 6 hours for a raid, and these guys were double that. Curious if there's more efficient ways to run them... so begins the speed raid runs!

They obviously didn't play test it enough. Unless they are using it as a marketing ploy, they would not have sold that - as a real estimate - if their BEST time, across the globe, was 10.5 hours.
SUPAGGIE
No effing way would I play one round of something for more than 1 hour.
fta09
AG
quote:
Loot farming made easy!

quote:
Here's what you do:

• Profit.

Came here to post this. I did this for about 15 minutes or so just to top myself off to level 10. I got 15 drops, but only 3 were engrams. Got ~350 glimmer, too.
Saxsoon
AG
The Dark Beyond doesn't seem to work for me

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.