*****OFFICIAL DESTINY XB-1 THREAD*****

356,138 Views | 3140 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by LPHA
Bryan98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Correct, can't buy Vanguard gear for a different class. You can buy exotics from Xur, though.

In most cases a 2nd character of a different class should be gifted an exotic, any lucky good rares for that class (I've gotten a level 20 rare chest for a different class, and then all the blue engrams you can spare for other armor slots. AFAIK they'll mostly decrypt into the 2nd character's class armor.

I have Achlyo****e Symbiote (from a helmet engram), that level 20 chest, and a level 20 cape sitting in my vault. RNG wants me to have a hunter. I also have maybe 16 blue engrams sitting in there.

Best Titan gear I've gotten is like a level 17 blue chest.
AggieStout
AG
completely lucked out last night and completed the vault of glass raid. We cheesed Atheon and i ended up getting Vex mythoclast. Good thing I didnt want to finish the raid today.
bearamedic99
AG
jtbru, just got dropped for 2nd time during vanguard mission
jtbru8508
AG
quote:
I tried to do Crucible 3 times. Got dropped every time. I've never had a problem before now, so I would not think it is my system.
Bryan98
AG
I've read on Reddit that Atheon is now sometimes teleporting entire parties, not just three random people.

I hope this gets fixed before my raid tomorrow night. What a freakin' freak up. I'm getting the impression Bungie doesn't quality test worth a damn.
Thunder18
AG
quote:

Just got dropped out of one as well
hot dog
AG
Bryan98
AG
quote:
Been stuck at level 26 for many hours now. Hoping this week I can check out Nightfall/VoG for the first time. Also should have enough goodies to buy crap from Xur on Friday.

If anyone's raiding VoG on an alt around my level and has some empty space, shoot me a friend request (Texas15Aggie).

26 is high enough to start the raid, though you'll probably need a generous friend to take you on for the Nightfall. Someone who knows how to solo it can easily take on a 26.

Really what you want as a 26 who hasn't set foot in VoG yet is to get into a group of 27s and up who have all done it at least once. I recommend r/Destiny's Fireteams page. Tons of generous offers there.

I'm sure you've read this here a bunch of times, but I'd reserve 13 Strange Coins for an exotic helm from Xur. He may not offer one this week, but he will sooner or later. And getting the "best" one for your class isn't even that important, although of course that's nice.
tamusc
AG
quote:
completely lucked out last night and completed the vault of glass raid. We cheesed Atheon and i ended up getting Vex mythoclast. Good thing I didnt want to finish the raid today.

I hate you. I just got Ascendant energy from Aetheon yesterday.
Thunder18
AG
Cant even run the raid right now because guys are getting booted every minute...great job Bungie!
double aught
AG
Just bought this today for XB1. I suck, but it's still fun. Joined the Texas Aggies clan. DFDWill
swellvermin
AG
Looking for ONE to help with Nightfall heroic 28 tonight ps4 "SWELLVERMIN"
swellvermin
AG
Probably around 1145pm Pacific
Saxsoon
AG
Maxed out all of my armor except for my helmet which I am hoping for an exotic helmet
Tex117
AG
Is level 29 high enough to complete the Vault on Hard?

RNGesus was rough on me in the Nightfall and most of the Raid, but got a nice Vision of Confluence at the end of the raid on normal. Im pretty okay with that, though once piece of raid armor would have been nice.

I have 60 ascendant shards...And I was saving them up to level up raid gear armor...since it hasn't dropped, I figured Id spend those shards on my legendary armor...pop up to 29, and get another bite at the apple.

Thoughts?
swellvermin
AG
Wtf... Ive completed the raid twice and so far haven't gotten one piece if raid gear. Both times was shards and energies.... Maybe they are setting me up for some gear the next go around?
AggieChemE09
AG
I ended the raid like a boss yesterday.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=A979A1AB533A4899!615&authkey=!AEAc0G7yUhJ1QAw&ithint=video%2cmp4
spieg12
AG
quote:
Wtf... Ive completed the raid twice and so far haven't gotten one piece if raid gear. Both times was shards and energies.... Maybe they are setting me up for some gear the next go around?

I'll say again what I said earlier in the thread. It's TOTALLY random. I have done 16 (I think) raids with my warlock. First piece of gear dropped within the first couple. My only other piece dropped on the 14th try. And at least the last 5 or 6 have been hard raids with double drops.

My hunter on the other hand got a full raid set after 4 raids. And I STILL get armor drops like crazy with it. Annoys me to no end. My Titan after 3 raids has nothing.

I played two hard raids today, one level 29 warlock and the other level 30 hunter. Warlock got nothing but shards and energy plus the ship for the 9th time. Hunter got two armor drops I already had, two weapons I already had, the ship again plus shards and energy. This RNG stuff has got to go or at the very least be tweaked. I've had 6 praedyths revenge and 4 found verdict drop, but not one vision of confluence or praetorian foil. It's just madness.
Kampfers
AG
Yup, first 2 raids I got Pradeyth's Revenge, Corrective Measures, and the hunter chest and boots (2 cloaks I guess as well, but I never use them). Since then, nada. Just shards.
tamusc
AG
I wish I at least got shards. I keep getting energy.
jtbru8508
AG
Damn, that really sucks. I thought gear was part of the reward for finishing. I am a level 26 warlock. A group of us are at the final boss right now and so far no gear drop for me. I was really hoping for a piece so I could level up. Not looking forward to doing this 16 times....
Kampfers
AG
Energy is really much more valuable in the end-game setup. There's really not much of a point to shards once you have your raid gear leveled up. Energy is much more important so that you can have a variety of high level weapons to suit the weekly nightfall modifiers.
Saxsoon
AG
I thought you could only get the rewards once a week, not over and over just like how nightfall and the weekly strike lock out. Granted I haven't attempted the raid yet
spieg12
AG
quote:
I thought you could only get the rewards once a week, not over and over just like how nightfall and the weekly strike lock out. Granted I haven't attempted the raid yet

That's right but some of those clears are doing two a week, one regular and one hard before we knew that doing hard mode gave you rewards for both.
AggieKatie2
AG
All I learned from my VoG raid experience is that I SUCK at this game.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
quote:

That's right but some of those clears are doing two a week, one regular and one hard before we knew that doing hard mode gave you rewards for both.

1 normal and 1 hard per week per character
jr15aggie
AG
So I just read the new expansion will be $20. Wow, what a freaking joke! As somebody that traded in the game, perhaps my opinion should be taken with a grain of salt... but as somebody that played (and enjoyed) the game, despite it's flaws, this just seems like a complete rip-off! From the sounds of it, they don't even give you a new planet or anything to explore... it's simply "here's a new raid, some new strikes, and PvP maps". For $20!? No way! For $20 they need to give you at least 4-5 hours of new story (which would be about equal to 1 new planet) as well as the raids, strikes, etc. They also raised the Light cap to 32... wow... 2 whole levels!

Maybe you guys that have invested a ton of time feel differently... the game is still a very solid shooter at it's core. But man, to me it feels like the "expansion packs" are just as hollow as the main game... a very small set of things to do, but you can do them over, and over, and over, and over....
Saxsoon
AG
I have friends who play this game back in Texas that I don't get to see often in Seattle. This is something that we have come back to time and again since launch despite its flaws. This is probably the only time I have bought Dlc, and I don't plan to do it again because we enjoy this game so much. So for me there is something more beyond simply what they are offering. Also I got both packs for $30 so it isn't that big a deal for me either.
Kampfers
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

1 normal and 1 hard per week per character
If you do it on hard, you get double drops. You don't have to run it twice if you can complete the hard raid.
Kampfers
AG
Yeah, I won't be getting the DLC. The game is fun with friends, but without them is pretty meh.

If it wasn't for the TexAgs crew, I would have stopped playing this game a long time ago. With all of these new titles releasing now, or about to release, I can't imagine Destiny's community is going to stay as strong as it is currently. Doesn't seem worth it to me to buy the DLC in that case. Made that mistake with Titanfall, and I enjoyed the base game of that much more. But by the time the second DLC pack dropped (I had the season pass), there wasn't anyone left playing the game.

I've gotten my value for the game, certainly, but I don't have the desire to have 3 different characters to do the exact same thing 3 times a week. I've already replayed all of the missions (and even the raid) to death - the only point in continuing to play is beating the hard raid and reaching 30.

What is annoying is that they say they want the raid to be such that only the "elite" players can beat it. As someone who is a marginally decent Destiny player, that is hardly the case. The raid is not "hard" - it's purely a time-sink to be able to get to it. It doesn't reward the "elite" players - it rewards those (myself included) no-lifers who have hours to devote every week to leveling our characters and grinding pointlessly for gear.

The raid was fun, the first time we ran it. It was new, it required teamwork (something that was really unnecessary in the rest of the game), it required thinking, and it took forever to get through. It was a great experience. Now it's a breeze. It's still fun, but only because you're doing it with 5 other friends. Other than that, the gameplay is now as played out as the rest of the missions because you're forced to grind through it every single week in order to hopefully get a decent random drop.
jr15aggie
AG
It's true... will be interesting to see how the community holds up as more and more AAA games keep rolling out. $20 Destiny DLC... or a new game?

Forgive me for bringing up Bungie's old game, but I was just thinking the other day how refreshing it will be to buy the Master Chief collection and have ZERO concerns about DLC. They are literally giving us EVERYTHING... and then adding a bunch of remastered stuff on top of that... oh yeah, and then Forge using the new engine so that the community can re-make all the old maps with the upgraded graphics.
Bryan98
AG
There is a great core to this game, and there are a lot of problems as well. They've nailed creating a great framework for a co-op and PvP shooter. It plays wonderfully. There's also a lot of repetition and some very boneheaded designs that scream that they have no idea how to manage what is in many ways an MMO.

The bottom line for me is that it's a blast to play with friends. I'm playing with people I never otherwise get to play games with. Playing with them takes the game from passable to fun as hell. I'm very annoyed at a lot of Bungie's decisions, but I'll probably keep playing for as long as my friends are.
tamusc
AG
quote:
Energy is really much more valuable in the end-game setup. There's really not much of a point to shards once you have your raid gear leveled up. Energy is much more important so that you can have a variety of high level weapons to suit the weekly nightfall modifiers.
I do understand that, but it doesn't help when I'm stuck at 1 light below 28 because I keep getting energy and nothing else. I've been running the heck out of public events too and still have a tough time getting shards. Every piece of gear I have is maxed other than the shard upgrades. My exotic gloves are maxed and my legendary chest has one shard upgrade. I've been stuck at three shards for a few days now.
Bryan98
AG
quote:
quote:
I do understand that, but it doesn't help when I'm stuck at 1 light below 28 because I keep getting energy and nothing else. I've been running the heck out of public events too and still have a tough time getting shards. Every piece of gear I have is maxed other than the shard upgrades. My exotic gloves are maxed and my legendary chest has one shard upgrade. I've been stuck at three shards for a few days now.

Are you running the Daily Heroic Story every day? On the two highest difficulties it gives either 1 or 2 Shards or Energy.

Another thing you can do is create an alt for running Public Events a second time a day, if you're desperate enough. And every time you gold a public event, you have a random shot at a shard right then and there, in addition to your care package for the first gold of the day - but it sounds like you knew that.

I agree the system can be frustrating, and a lot of things are poorly designed. Good luck!
dcaggie04
AG
quote:
quote:
What I've been doing lately to get shards is get alot of vanguard marks. once you are level 2 vanguard, you can by legendary armor. I just buy something 65 marks then trash it. I can get at least 2 shards even if I never do any upgrading to it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.