*****OFFICIAL DESTINY XB-1 THREAD*****

357,189 Views | 3140 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by LPHA
TheVarian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Money hungry ta-hoes
tamusc
AG
quote:
It's a little much. Buy the game, buy the three expansions that came out in the last 2 years.
Welcome to the world of MMO's, folks. They've avoided calling it that every chance they get, but they sure don't mind charging us like it's one.
bearamedic99
AG
I hate the grinding to level up as the max level keeps getting raised. I have a lvl 32 hunter, a lvl 3 (yes 3) warlock, and a lvl 30 titan. Once the new tv arrives, it is going to be hard work to try to get my titan and hunter to 34. I have to play any of the latest DLC. Who knows if I will ever advance my warlock.
Knife_Party
I understand the mmo stuff...played wow for years. But blizzard released an expansion once every two years and with a TON of content. $40 for a raid or two and some gear every 3-6 months is ridiculous. It was fun for what it was, just not gonna sink any more money into it.
howdydamnit04
AG
Ive got 1000+ hours logged in Destiny. Im pretty sure thats a good time to dollar investment for all the fun Ive had out of it. If that jumps another 40 to 60 bucks so be it. Im fine with them making it cheap to buy in now, because that will help replace some of the people that have jumped ship. New players keep it interesting.
tamusc
AG
Yeah, they want the MMO money, but don't want to give us MMO-level content. This would be similar to Blizzard charging for all the point updates (6.1, 6.2, etc.).
slickag2007
AG
I personally will definitely be buying the new expansion when it comes out. I have loved both of the previous expansions, and I'm sure I'll love this one as well. I don't think they have shown everything that is included in that 40 dollar price tag.
LPHA
AG
Anybody doing anything today?
ClickClack
AG
I haven't played this game in three months. I got bored. Have two level 32s. Bought the new expansion in advance...

Has it come out yet?
Sentinel
AG
House of Wolves is out.
ClickClack
AG
Ah ok. Guess I should look into playing again since I already paid for it. Haha thanks for the info
tamusc
AG
With HoW, Destiny is what it should have been at release. They really did fix quite a few of the issues I had with the game with this expansion.
Knife_Party
What did they change/fix specifically?
LPHA
AG
For one, they nerfed Petra's depth perception.
TefIon Don
AG
Managed to get a void pulse rifle from PoE 35 this week, and it greatly helped with the Thorn bounty. I managed to knock out the entire bounty tonight in about 10 games. Glad to finally have that one done.
tamusc
AG
quote:
What did they change/fix specifically?

-All gear and weapons are relevant again thanks to the new upgrade system (which in turn makes running the two raids worth it again for anything you might want) using either Etheric light (for legendary gear) or Exotic shards (for exotic gear)
-you can see rep for every faction from your menu rather than having to go to each individual vendor
-you can swap gear between your vault and other characters without having to go to the Tower/Reef or logging into/out of each character using the companion app (as well as a few websites)
-the weekly strike now has matchmaking
-the ability to reroll stats on the new weapons at the gunsmith
-I like the new tiered approach Bungie used for PoE, though I wish they had matchmaking for at least up to 32 (only on 28 right now)
-The Weekly and Nighttfall strikes are now decoupled so you aren't having to go through the same content twice in a row when doing your weekly stuff

I'm sure there are some other things I missed, but those are the things that stand out to me. Admittedly, some of those are pretty minor, but they were no brainers that Bungie should have included from the beginning.
Knife_Party
Huh. I might have to log back in and see whats up.
Bryan98
AG
You hit the nail on the head that many of those were obvious changes that should have been implemented long ago. I was calling for the decoupling of the Weekly and Nightfall within the first month of launch.

Can't decide if it's a good sign that they finally made smart, obvious changes, or a bad sign that they fought doing so for so long.
Agmaniacmike12
The only issues right now with the game that I see:

-Auto rifles are pointless, need to be buffed in the next patch.
-Fusion rifles need a range boost and a wider cone.
-Thorn's damage and/or damage over time (DoT) should be slightly lowered.
-POE & Queen's weapons need a third perk. (the fallen damage perks are terrible)
-POE weapons need a re-roll mechanism.
-POE 35 needs a higher drop rate on elemental primary weapons.

I'm enjoying the game much more now due to the wealth of content to run each week. There is almost no way to run all the Nightfalls, Heroics, POEs, Crotas, and VOGs each week, so I'm never bored and always have something to work towards.

I probably wouldn't be playing this game if the social aspect of the game wasn't so strong. There is still a pretty strong community playing and the change to 3-man fireteams for POE makes it much easier to run that content.
TexasAggie_02
AG
How in the hell did you manage to post your destiny thoughts into the longhorn tears thread? Staff deleted your post and threatened to start banning people for getting off topic.
TheVarian
AG
I'll be on tonight if anyone wants to jam
Agmaniacmike12
Haha, that was great. I was reading the thread in a separate tab and typed out my post on that tab. I frantically tried to edit after posting but the thread was locked immediately afterwards. I'm glad staff cleaned that up quick so that I didn't get ragged on for 3+ pages.
LPHA
AG
quote:
I'll be on tonight if anyone wants to jam
Ditto.

What are you wanting to do?
dcaggie04
AG
My Destiny time will be significantly reduce since Arkham Knight is out.
TheVarian
AG
Mostly PoE. I have to make a very important phone call around 6 to ask for some blessings but after than I'll want to relax
LPHA
AG
If I'm on or watching tv, feel free to send an invite. I've only done PoE twice, and both times it was the Cabal boss. One time at 32, and once at 34.

I wouldn't mind doing the NF or either raid. Really anything. My normal group has pretty much given up on the game.
bearamedic99
AG
Is there a way yet to exchange radiant shards for ascendant and vice versa? I thought I read it was coming to vendors.
slickag2007
AG
You may be able to go to the go in the north tower and trade them out. Not entirely sure. I know you can trade ascendant energy for ascendant shards and vice versa. But check it out and see.
thewhiteegg
AG
I don't think you can exchange radiant materials for ascendant materials or vice versa. I think it only works to exchange one type of shards/energy for the same type of shards/energy. The speaker is the vendor that does that sort of thing though.
tamusc
AG
You can't swap radiant for ascendant materials or vice versa. You can swap shards and energy of a given type back and forth though, assuming you have the correct rep.
TheVarian
AG
I'm on right meow if anyone wants to run the nightfall, Croat, fog, or PoE? I have a new Titan who is a virgin to all of the above
slickag2007
AG
So what is everyone's favorite weapon in the game so far? I've been loving The Last Word lately.Grabbed it from POE and it has been a ton of fun to play with. Still working on all the upgrades.
Sentinel
AG
I like The Messenger.
tamusc
AG
My favorite is probably MIDA Multitool
slickag2007
AG
Quick question for everyone. Should i buy all new armor and upgrade that? Or should I just keep working on the armor that I have. I'm almost at 31.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.