*****OFFICIAL DESTINY XB-1 THREAD*****

357,191 Views | 3140 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by LPHA
herb96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Don't know. I can do either normal or hard. I have a level 30 titan.
Thunder18
AG
Had a very productive evening. Beat VoG, finally got my raid gauntlets and a raid shotgun, finished nightfall, weekly and daily heroics and probably finished 8 bounties
slickag2007
AG
I finally hit level 3 on my vanguard reputation. And I got an exotic sniper rifle for it. So now I'm full outfitted with legendary weapons and armor. Now to start the tedious process of upgrading it all.
Bryan98
AG
quote:
I finally hit level 3 on my vanguard reputation. And I got an exotic sniper rifle for it. So now I'm full outfitted with legendary weapons and armor. Now to start the tedious process of upgrading it all.

Upgrading weapons takes forever, but armor is really quick. If you're in a hurry to boost one of your weapons, try buying telemetries from Xur for 1 strange coin per 5.

If you haven't started running VoG weekly, do so this weekend. That's the best source of fast shards and energies.
TexasAggie_02
AG
i wouldn't activate a telemetry until you are about to turn in a bounty. Better yet, get 5+ bounties done, then go do the nightfall or weekly strike and activate it right before beating the final boss, so that it gets applied to the mission XP, then go strait to the tower and collect your bounties.

The telemetry doesn't really help much during normal gameplay, b/c you don't get much xp to begin with from enemies.
Saxsoon
AG
Xur despises Warlocks with a fiery passion hotter than a thousand suns
Bryan98
AG
We had an awesome night of Iron Banner again last night. On Wednesday, we did alright playing as a team, but didn't quite have all of our strategies down cold. Sometimes folks would capture a 3rd control point, for example. Last night we just plain ground many other teams to dust. I imagine we won the majority of our games.

If you're not doing Iron Banner, or not doing it as a group, you're missing out!
Thunder18
AG
quote:
We had an awesome night of Iron Banner again last night. On Wednesday, we did alright playing as a team, but didn't quite have all of our strategies down cold. Sometimes folks would capture a 3rd control point, for example. Last night we just plain ground many other teams to dust. I imagine we won the majority of our games.

If you're not doing Iron Banner, or not doing it as a group, you're missing out!

With a group is 10,000 times easier than solo or as a duo
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:

yeah, i need to get into a good group. most of my friends last night were still concerned with the raid. I only won 2 games of IB last night, b/c the randoms kept going after all three points. Being a level 30 with the Mythoclast, i was easily the highest or 2nd highest score in every single game i played, but we couldn't get over the hurdle of lower level teammates dying b/c they went lone wolf, and wouldn't hunker down on 2 control points.
Bryan98
AG
One funny thing I noticed last night - I have seen almost no 30s in Iron Banner. I'm guessing most 30s see no reason to grind it since they don't "need" the boots or gloves. I got the raid boots on Wednesday, but I'm still doing IB because I enjoy these limited-time events and playing Control with friends. I'd like to collect as many of the pieces that buff your rep as I can, and stash them in my vault for the next Iron Banner.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
I just want Hawkmoon or Plan C.. you know, the simple things.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
One funny thing I noticed last night - I have seen almost no 30s in Iron Banner. I'm guessing most 30s see no reason to grind it since they don't "need" the boots or gloves. I got the raid boots on Wednesday, but I'm still doing IB because I enjoy these limited-time events and playing Control with friends. I'd like to collect as many of the pieces that buff your rep as I can, and stash them in my vault for the next Iron Banner.
i actually like the look of the iron banner armor. i plan on storing some in the hopes that down the road Bungie will add a way to upgrade old armor to a higher light level.
Bryan98
AG
Sites have datamined a way to upgrade Exotic armor in the future, fwiw, but only Exotics so far.
Tex117
AG
quote:
I just want Hawkmoon

I think there is a support group out there for people like us.
Saxsoon
AG
Speaking of Hawkmoon, just got it in the nightfall. and I hate hand cannon
JonLobb
quote:
Speaking of Hawkmoon, just got it in the nightfall. and I hate hand cannon
have you used one that's fully upgraded yet? that might change your mind
Saxsoon
AG
I am going to upgrade it next and see how it goes. I am just not very good with Headshots so that makes it hard.
JonLobb
quote:
I am going to upgrade it next and see how it goes. I am just not very good with Headshots so that makes it hard.
It's frustrating, but worth it. Don't give up on it until you've gotten it at least up to the point you need energy to upgrade.

even if your'e not good with headshots, it will find them for you. learn to fire from the hip.
JonLobb
Is anybody interested in doing the raid on hard on PS4 ?
Saxsoon
AG
I need a group for normal if anyone can do that today
BMK54
Need some people for a fireteam on ps4. Want to beat the VOG and do the nightfall strikes.

Psn name: BMK54
Saxsoon
AG
Darn it was too late to see your post last night. Would have loved to join.
howdydamnit04
AG
Iron Banner is a freaking grind. Played for hours yesterday to get my damn boots so my Titan joins the 30 club.
Tex117
AG
quote:
Is anybody interested in doing the raid on hard on PS4 ?
When?
Bryan98
AG
Iron Banner is a ton of fun with a group. A decent group can roll your opponents, too.

I should have said this before it was almost over, and I'm raiding tonight, but friend me up for XB1 IB. Fedaykin98.
AggieChemE09
AG
The buff is 100% today. With the buff, emblem, shader, and a class item. Your buff is 266%
AggieChemE09
AG
I ran hard mode from beginning to end Friday night. Got the raid helm and vex mythocast
Bryan98
AG
Congrats! Can't wait for the Mythoclast buff.
FriendlyAg
I'm almost level 20, what does that mean I need to do next? Can I finally play whatevrr yall all do? Haha
FriendlyAg
And boom
meek
AG
psn: meek2003 put texags in the request so i know it's not random
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
The buff is 100% today. With the buff, emblem, shader, and a class item. Your buff is 266%

Damn, is it ending tonight, or will the buff be higher than 100% tomorrow?
Saxsoon
AG
Tomorrow
Saxsoon
AG
It is 85% I believe. I am not sure how you are getting 266 point to considering your base is 50. It would be over a 500% modifier to get 266 points.
Bryan98
AG
Looks like I have a spot for one, possibly two people in Hard Mode VoG tonight at 8:10 Central on XBO.

Looking for people who know the raid very well and have maxed weapons. Obviously love 30s, but 29s who really know all the encounters and have appropriate gear are welcome too. Currently have at least 3 30s, all Ags.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.