*****OFFICIAL DESTINY XB-1 THREAD*****

356,111 Views | 3140 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by LPHA
Aggie_3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
Still looking for people, just sent friend request -Saxsoon

I added you we were raiding when you sent it
Saxsoon
AG
Gotcha
Aggie_3
I may be looking to raid on normal again tonight with my warlock
Saxsoon
AG
slickag2007
AG
I know I want to do some raiding this week. The wife will be out of town for the next 2 weeks, so I'll finally have a little bit of time to try doing some raids.
bearamedic99
AG
Any idea what time the DLC will be available for download?
Tex117
AG
PS4 Destiny Players.

We are looking for 3 other members to join us for a completely Blind Run at the new raid on WED. at 530 pm. We need at least 29, 30 preferred. We wont be at it ALL night, but it will be a lengthy run. It will be pretty casual and fun.

Let me know if some of yall are interested.

(1) Tex117 (lvl 29 hunter, but if it is at all possible to hit 30 with the expansion and one piece of armor)
(2) Bee-Dav (lvl 30 Warlock)
(3) AggieBones (lvl 29 hunter)
(4) eyeguytex (lvl 29 Titan)
(5) redbaron788 (lvl 30 Hunter)
(6)

Alt 1: Marsuvees (just post when you know about your schedule.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Tex, I'm in. eyeguytex
Tex117
AG
quote:

Great! Class? Level?
Saxsoon
AG
I may be available Wednesday but it is hard to tell. Don't quite count me in yet as part of the party, but I may be able to fill a hole if needed and available.

I am a level 29 Sungsinger Warlock
htownag08
AG
Any xbox1 people up to raid around 8? Three new guys but all 28.
TheVarian
AG
quote:
Any xbox1 people up to raid around 8? Three new guys but all 28.
I can't do it tonight, but I'll be on tomorrow though if yall will be on then. It is my first time to do it so don't expect too much

Xboner1: the varian
bearamedic99
AG
I cannot play tonight either. Long weekend at work.
AggieChemE09
AG
Htown, if you need a 30 to guide yall let me know

Xb1 The After1ife
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Oh 29 titan
htownag08
AG
I'll probably take you up on that Chem - I'll shoot ya a request here in a min. XB1: TNilli
redbaron788
AG
Tex, I'd be down as a 30 hunter but closer to 6 if possible
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
Can raid VOG normal or hard and I should be on tue and wed for some of the expansion fun.
Have a lvl 30 warlock and lvl 30 hunter.
PSN: oilfieldAGGIE11
htownag08
AG
Thanks for the run AggieChem, this thread makes so much more sense now after seeing all of that. I appreciate you showing us the ropes.
Tex117
AG
quote:
Can raid VOG normal or hard and I should be on tue and wed for some of the expansion fun.
Have a lvl 30 warlock and lvl 30 hunter.
PSN: oilfieldAGGIE11
Would you like to join us on Weds, between 5:45 and 6 for a blind run on the new raid?

Glad to have ya redbaron. Im sure it will be around that time to get everyone home from work and settled in.
Admiral AGbar
AG
Unfortunately my friends and I won't be able to run the new raid until Wednesday of next week (Dec 17th). The 4 of us (all Ags) have agreed to not look at any spoilers and stay off reddit for a week so we can all go in blind.

This might be a bit premature but if there are 2 people on here that aren't able to run the raid for a week or wants to go in blind with us next Wednesday feel free to shoot me your gamertag and I will send a friend request.

Edit: we are on XBOX ONE
Bryan98
AG
I'm going to do my damndest to run the raid this week, but friend me up anyway for future opportunities - Fedaykin98 on XB1.
Admiral AGbar
AG
Awesome, I will shoot you a request. My GT is The Real Wig
TexasAggie_02
AG
oh lawd, a Destiny music video with Sir Paul.

this is mind-blowing bad. this is George Lucas Special Edition Bad.

http://kotaku.com/paul-mccartneys-destiny-music-video-is-bad-1668355815
cr0wbar
AG
I'm seeing codes all over twitter for Xbone and Ps4. Anyone know what these are? Some sort of redemption codes for what? Even the official Bungie twitter and DestinytheGame are spewing these out.

At work- I'll try and post some when at home.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Codes for free DLC, Bungie has been doing this since halo 3. You basically have to be sitting at the computer with Xbox live pulled up, hitting f5 on Twitter to be able to copy/paste before someone gets them.

They used to dump a big list instead of a few at a time. I got some halo maps once by being ready and grabbing a code from the middle of the list.
TheVarian
AG
Would anyone be interested in doing the VOG tonight? 27 warlock. I haven't ever done the VOG so you have been warned. Just looking ton try and get through it and get some gear so I can upgrade. I need those stupid ascendant shards to upgrade my helmet and chest piece

Xb1: the varian

Saxsoon
AG
PSA

This week's nightfall is now lvl 30 and it is on the new strike from the DLC. We will go back to a normal rotation next week if you do not have the DLC.

Lvl 26 has been added to the Vanguard Strikes

Also, to access this week's nightfall/heroic, you have to complete the quest chains/bounties that Eris gives out.
Bryan98
AG
Weird to me that you can access the Raid immediately, which builds off the story of the missions and the Strike, but can't access the Strike, which builds off of the missions. They made one decision in favor of the flow of the story, but made the other decision the opposite way.

Now, it does makes sense to me that they'd figure that the most hardcore raiders would care more about raiding ASAP than the story - I'm just noting the incongruity. They could have just made the new raid unavailable for a few days or until next Tuesday, etc., if they wanted to have an even starting point for everyone, but still have people see the story in its intended order first.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
Also, to access this week's nightfall/heroic, you have to complete the quest chains/bounties that Eris gives out.
i'm guessing that they didn't want people to get the XP boost from the nightfall before doing the story missions. As it stands right now, there is no way to replay the story (other than selecting a different character). Not sure if this is an oversight, or intentional.
AggieChemE09
AG
The main reason is for the "World's First" Achievements.

You don't want to have stupid little missions in the way of the community's competition to be the first group to complete the Raid. It is apparently a pretty big deal and Bungie does recognize the teams that achieve the World's First.
Saxsoon
AG
Interesting that you can't select the story missions again
Bryan98
AG
quote:
The main reason is for the "World's First" Achievements.

You don't want to have stupid little missions in the way of the community's competition to be the first group to complete the Raid. It is apparently a pretty big deal and Bungie does recognize the teams that achieve the World's First.

What you're saying is true, but like I said, you could accomplish that by delaying the raid opening two days or a week as well - which is exactly what they did for VoG. It didn't unlock with the rest of the game, and then they picked an arbitrary week and said "That's been enough time for people to gear up; let's let them at it!"
AggieChemE09
AG
True, but in this case there is no need to gear up. We are already ready! (except you level 29 scum)

Either way, I will be progressing through the story, then the strike, and finally the raid.
TelcoAg
AG
According to Bungie's tweet just no, InvigorateGaming just got the World's First for Crota

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.