*****OFFICIAL DESTINY XB-1 THREAD*****

357,201 Views | 3140 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by LPHA
Ranger222
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So has anyone figured out how engrams work then? Say you get 75% hit rate for green, 50% blue, 25% purple or some other random percentages? Seems that way right?
jeffk
AG
There needs to be a legendary gear "thrift shop" so I can buy all the discarded gear from you high-rollers.
AggieBob08
AG
rlmoats PS4
Raggy09
AG
quote:
So has anyone figured out how engrams work then? Say you get 75% hit rate for green, 50% blue, 25% purple or some other random percentages? Seems that way right?

something like that, yeah. I think decoherent (blue) engrams have a small chance of yielding a legendary item, plus of course rare and uncommon, and legendary engrams have a small chance of yielding an exotic, better chance at legendary item, and probably split rare and uncommon percentages. The real question is, has anyone found an exotic engram yet or do they even exist?
dcaggie04
AG
quote:

Engram Stats
The above link is to some stats that some guys on reddit came up with after decrypting something like 600 engrams.
Raggy09
AG
On a different note, here's a reddit thread showing all known dead ghost locations thus far: Dead Ghost Locations
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Yeah I snagged an exotic on the only purple engram I got. Now I look like a fruity Jax from mortal kombat
AggieChemE09
AG
quote:
Yeah I snagged an exotic on the only purple engram I got. Now I look like a fruity Jax from mortal kombat

pic?
Raggy09
AG
Time for a useless stat. How's everyone's Grinmoire score? Currently at 1735 myself.
howdydamnit04
AG
I have never picked up a purple engram off the ground. I've received a couple as rewards but they've never yielded legendary equipment. My two legendary pieces came from blue engrams.
BigAggie06
AG
quote:
On a different note, here's a reddit thread showing all known dead ghost locations thus far: Dead Ghost Locations

Dumb question... What does reviving dead ghosts do?
jr15aggie
AG
I still get excited when I see something blue hit the ground (sometimes it's a ball of light and I get sad though)... I'm still waiting to see something purple, at which point I will have gotten he carrot and I just might lose all interest in the game at that point!

In the meantime I'm like a kid saving all my "money" to simply buy something purple!
SUPAGGIE
quote:
I have never picked up a purple engram off the ground. I've received a couple as rewards but they've never yielded legendary equipment. My two legendary pieces came from blue engrams.

Same here, but I've never gotten a legendary from anything. Just strange coins or motes of light.
fta09
AG
quote:
quote:

Dumb question... What does reviving dead ghosts do?
"Ghosts are the spittle spewed out during the last death rattle of the mighty Traveler. Finding and reviving Dead Ghosts (presumably representing the spirits of professional voice actors that were turned down in favour of the Dinklage) on your travels will unlock Grimoire cards that add to your Grimoire points. The higher your Grimoire score, the more in-game benefits you'll be able to enjoy."

http://www.gamesradar.com/destiny-dead-ghosts-location-guide/
SUPAGGIE
So what is this traveler thing, and what did it do? I'm not really clear about anything in the story.
cr0wbar
AG
I'm only level 14- I need to get back in it stat.
Pilmer
AG
Yea. I am way behind as well.
Raggy09
AG
Honestly you're better off just reading the Destiny Wiki. Or if you want you can load up the grinmoire on Bungie.net or the companion app, but good lord prepare yourself. The lore of this game can be incredibly obtuse.

But I'll do my best (this is all paraphrased and from memory, I'll try to supplant it with grinmoire references later).

Essentially the Traveler was this god-like mechination that unlocked secrets of the universe and gave humans new abilities and technologies. It went around terraforming worlds in an instant, allowing humans access to Mecury, Venus, Mars and other places that were previously uninhaitable. With the Traveler came the Golden Age of humanity. But the darkness followed and fought the Traveler to a stalemate, resulting in the darkness subsiding and the traveler being crippled. Where the game begins is eons after this battle. The darkness is returning, and guardians are needed to protect the light from the dark. Your ghost is an essence of the Traveler, and your revival is due to the light being present in you. The reason that you can do the things you do as a guardian (i.e. your different subclasses and skills) are a direct result of the Traveler's influence on humanity/awoken/exo.
Saxsoon
AG
Pretty much sums up what is a wonderfully amazing idea that is not really executed well in game.

I would love to see a trilogy written by someone like Alistair Reynolds, Peter F. Hamilton, or James S.A. Corey that describes the initial encounter with the Traveler in book 1, the Golden Age in book 2, and the Darkness in book 3. It would be an amazing space opera spanning hundreds of years.
Raggy09
AG
There's so much more that's not stated in game because of the prevelance of the Grinmoire cards. Earlier someone asked what does reviving the dead ghosts do? The answer is that it grants you abilities, yes, but it also greatly enhances a story that is not played out in game for whatever reason. I really wish they'd include a way to look at the cards in game. It'd make it so much more accessible.

For example, the card referencing the Black Garden makes it seem perhaps that the Traveler may not be the light, and that it's intentions were far more nefarious that we think, but it's not stated in game, so why would anyone think that? There was a thread on reddit about someone stalking a Dreg and when startled it turned around and in broken english (think grunts in HALO) yelled, "It's the darkness!!"
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
Anyone doing the Queen's bit today?
Saxsoon
AG
Yeah got four of them today, finally got a helmet that I needed so I don't need to waste any marks towards that. Rest went to ascendant shards
Saxsoon
AG
Just got my first exotic bounty for Pocket Infinity!!!! Fusion Rifle!!!!
Raggy09
AG
Nice. I got the exotic shotgun bounty, and had a purple engram decrypt to an exotic fusion rifle plan c. Also just got to vanguard level 3 and was gifted a legendary scout rifle. And I found all the dead ghosts. It's been an eventful day.
slickag2007
AG
Got a piece of Legendary Warlock chest armor from a blue engram a couple of days ago and a legendary helmet from the queen's wrath event.
Krussian09
AG
Just got to light lvl 28 and also found another exotic. This time it was the fusion rifle.

Any idea when we want to try to put together a raid group?e
bigbass1170
AG
Can't find any legendary equipment and have farmed for hours. Stuck at level 23.
OldArmy07
AG
I think the most efficient way to guarantee quality gear is to complete a crap ton of bounties and earn vanguard rep + marks to purchase guaranteed purple or yellow gear.

The queens missions dropped me some good purple items, and they took way less time than sitting in front of the loot cave or on the moon mission.
Thunder18
AG
Did 3 queen missions yesterday and got the sane helmet all 3 times...hoping for better luck today
agfan2013
AG
Farmed for a couple of hours last night with some buds, still about halfway to a 21 but the blue engrams I was getting didn't contain much good stuff, still haven't seen a purple or orange one yet.

To wheatables02, sorry bud we were farming that spot on the moon and the guy with me got an invite from another friend to go farm the cave on earth and it wouldn't let us join so that's why he kicked you.

i don't know how much more farming I'll do, i get bored pretty easily and I think it's indicative of poor game design when the most attractive option to level up for players is to exploit the system. Again, I wouldn't mind replaying levels some of there was more variety and more of them, but this game has about 15 hours of unique content and then you are just repeating stuff. I'll probably move on to something else fairly quickly, disappointed with how this turned out.
jr15aggie
AG
I easily completed some of the queen's bounties yesterday... and I saw where I can now tackle her mission. Of course, it's like a level 24 or whatever mission so I'll have to buddy up with some of you higher ranked guys and hope for the best (I'm level 21 still). I'm also going to throw myself at some of the daily/weekly heroic stuff. I need to get my vanguard rank up so I can buy some legendary armor and level up. Seems l'm stuck in limbo right now... not ranked up high enough to complete the heavy challenges I need to buy cool stuff, but I'm certainly not luckily stumbling into any legendary stuff either, so I can't rank up high enough to do said challenges.
AggieChemE09
AG
I stayed up to late playing last night, decided to kill one last fallen walker on earth patrol. The last dreg I killed dropped a blue engram which turned into a legendary machine gun! So i've never had a purple engram turn into a legendary, but now i've had 2 blue engrams turn into legionaries.....whatever!
Saxsoon
AG
Factions are the easiest because you can get to level 2 quickly to buy the armor since it is taking both crucible and Vanguard rep. That is how I got to 25 and then the queen's mask pushed me to 26. I only need to buy some gloves now and then I can focus on farming upgrade materials
jeffk
AG
Wife and baby are out of town tonight.

What's the likelihood I can get my character from level 10 to 25 in one sitting?
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Factions are the easiest because you can get to level 2 quickly to buy the armor since it is taking both crucible and Vanguard rep.

That's good advice, but I really don't play crucible. I don't completely hate it, but there are times when it's pretty bad. It's desperately needing a ranking system... for the love Bungie, you practically invented this with Halo!!! For now I'm happy just playing the regular game, which oddly consists of playing the same missions in the same locations over and over again.

Gamestop is giving $40 in credit back on the game up till Oct. 8... I'm eyeballing that as a possible "I'm done" date... in the meantime I'm still firing away and enjoying my time with the game.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.