*****OFFICIAL DESTINY XB-1 THREAD*****

356,124 Views | 3140 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by LPHA
howdydamnit04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Question... am I doing something wrong with the Queens bounties. I've completed several and never once gotten any gear only "Favor".
TexAgBolter
AG
Farewell Skywatch Cave. Patched.
dcaggie04
AG
quote:
Question... am I doing something wrong with the Queens bounties. I've completed several and never once gotten any gear only "Favor".
You get gear when you do the Queen's Missions which is located on the right side of the space map screen.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Farewell Skywatch Cave. Patched.

NOOOOOooooooooooo!

But seriously, I already spent enough time there. I don't play video games in front of my kids very much, and even my 8 year old daughter said yesterday, "Are you shooting at that cave again". I was actually ashamed of my self and had to admit "yes". She asked me "why" and I had to say, "well, in a strange way daddy sorta likes it".
Bryan98
AG
quote:

Yes, you are. When you turn in the bounty, you also receive a Kill Order mission, which is a level 24 epic difficulty mission that is accessible on the left side of your Destination screen in Orbit. Completing that mission will give you a legendary helm or chest.

HOWEVER, this newest patch that kills the loot cave also changes these Queen's Wrath legendaries so that they no longer disassemble into the most desireable high-level materials in the game, Ascendant Shards. So now instead of wanting to farm Kill Orders for the next week and a half, I actually want to just get on with the normal game. A good change, if one that makes it harder to upgrade my gear.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Any general advice? My character is a hunter.

Not really... you can't screw anything up so just play and enjoy. Once you get close to level 20 the game will tell you when you've unlocked stuff (stuff that wasn't open to you before). Once you get to that point you can start looking online (or here) to get some questions answered. Google will probably answer any questions you have.

The only thing that is helpful to start doing early are the bounties (you get these from talking to a specific guy in the tower). Will help you level up much faster so definitely keep these stocked. And if you try the crucible (MP) and get slaughtered do not worry... this is normal... most people think it's an unbalanced piece of garbage.
Raggy09
AG
quote:
so I just picked this game up (xbox 360 ) and am in the infant stages of playing. I'm trying to read through this thread to get some ideas about the game, but seems like I need a while before things really start happening.

Any general advice? My character is a hunter.

Anyone playing this on 360?

TIA!

Hit me up. GT: AnthroMetal.
SF2004
AG
What a second. The queens crap is time limited?

Meaning if I don't do it (because not a high enough level yet) I get screwed out of it?

Yeah, what in the actual **** if true.
Raggy09
AG
quote:

Meaning if I don't do it (because not a high enough level yet) I get screwed out of it?

Yeah. Only till Oct 6. :/ but apparently bungie is going to be having events like this often so you'll be able to get something comparable.
Thunder18
AG
Damn it sucks they patched the cave and queens arnor upgrade items...I just farmed at the cave yesterday and got some legendary boots from it
Saxsoon
AG
Well there went any incentive to run the Queen's missions
Bryan98
AG
quote:
quote:

I think I leveled from 1 to 20 in a week, despite marriage/kids/job. I did the Queen's Wrath final steps at 23 with the help of a friend who was 24 or higher (according to Reddit theorycrafting, once you are the same level as the mobs, additional levels don't help you in any way).

It's still ridiculously quick to level to max and then get raid-equipped in this game versus WoW. In WoW, that took months and months, and I had more free time then. In this game, we've just passed two weeks and I'm level 24.5, and many raiders are starting out at level 26 (although the mobs are level 28).

Before they announced Queen's Wrath, my recommendation to anyone was to level up by playing the story out, then do a combo of Public Events/Patrols/Bounties for Vanguard rep and marks, and do Strikes because they tend to drop blue gear with Light on it. Once you have the rep and marks for some gear, start replacing your pieces that have the least Light. If you can scrape together enough Strange Coins, wait to spend any Marks until after you buy an Exotic armor piece off of Xur. Then spend marks on a different slot.

This whole process would have gone a lot faster for me if I hadn't played so much PvP - I ended up with over a level of Crucible rep that I didn't really care about, and very little Vanguard rep that I really needed.

Good luck!
slickag2007
AG
There is still incentive to do them. You can get legendary items from it. I know that I certainly don't have a whole set of legendary armor.
Raggy09
AG
So us last gen guys (360) so far we got:

Me (AnthroMetal)
CaptMorg70
htownag08

We can have a full fireteam now!
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
Loot
He Who Shall Not Be Named
quote:
Long ago during development, the Cryptarch decoded engrams of a given color into gear of that same color. Early in 2014 we added randomness, both for better and worse, to the decrypting process. The result was that end-of-session engram decoding got a lot more exciting and the Cryptarch himself suddenly acquired a personality. Both of these experiences were positive additions to the game.
But we didn't adequately communicate the potential random outcomes of decryption. Players see what looks like the familiar metaphor of item identification, while the Cryptarch thinks he's opening a grab bag of loot. Rage sharding of blues ensues. Expect to see changes to address this soon.
Destiny: The Cave
quote:
The social experience of a cave farming run is amazing: the herding to get a team of Guardians all behind the line and firing in the right direction, the rush to grab the loot, the scramble when the panic wave starts, the beckoning glow from inside the cave. The speed at which the community organized around this activity was inspiring and humbling to us.
But shooting at a black hole for hours on end isn't our dream for how Destiny is played. Our hope is that social engagement in public spaces is only one part of the Destiny experience. Expect changes soon which decrease the efficiency of cave farming and correspondingly increase engram drops from completing activities.
Reward Celebration
quote:
Growing more powerful by acquiring new upgrades, gear or progression is central to Destiny's player experience. Our goal is to always celebrate when this occurs, both as a reward in and of itself and to communicate to players what is going on.
During development we sometimes prioritized making a system functional over celebrating its rewards, for example:
  • The Vault of Glass contains highly coveted loot but the actual moment of reward happens without fanfare and can be easily missed.
  • The lowest level of the Daily Heroic gives great XP and Reputation rewards, but neither of these progressions appears on the postgame screen.
We will slowly be addressing these and other issues going forward.
Social
Voice Communication
quote:
Our vision for Destiny is that all players, even matchmade players in the Crucible, Strikes, the Tower or public spaces, be able to communicate with one another in a way that promotes positive socialization. Voice communication is the easy answer, but existing voice paradigms, including those in our own Halo games, have not done enough to protect players from abusive griefing from a minority of players.
Destiny's near-term solution will be to allow players to opt-in to voice communication during matchmade activities. Work on this feature was underway at launch and should be rolled out this year in Strikes and the Crucible.
Activities
Strikes
quote:
Strikes are intended to be a fun, combat-filled romp and stomp with a big boss and cool rewards at the end. Better with co-operation, but doable in a pick up group.
Since launch we've tracked down an issue which has made Strikes more challenging than originally designed by both increasing damage taken by players and decreasing the damage inflicted by players on the boss. Expect to see this addressed soon, and for Strikes to become a little less grindy as a result (sorry, Raiders incoming damage is working as intended in theVault of Glass).
Balance
Exotic Weapons
quote:
Exotic Weapons are designed to look, feel, and sound overpowered, but to not actually break the game. We hope these weapons challenge the way players think about their loadouts and expect their idiosyncrasies to sometimes be a little frustrating. We find ourselves wanting to collect them all and hope players feel the same way.
quote:
Not all our Exotic Weapons currently live up to this promise. In particular those weapons received from completing exotic bounties including Thorn and Bad Juju have disappointed many of us who have gone through the great effort to obtain them because, despite looking and sounding amazing, they feel underpowered. We're here to offer some advice: don't shard those guns. Their time will come.
Auto Rifles
quote:
The Auto Rifle archetype is designed to appeal to players who like to throw up a wall of bullets and not worry if a few miss their target. It is intended to inflict sustained damage at close to medium range, but to lose effectiveness at longer ranges.
Today the Auto Rifle is too effective at long range, even beating Scout and Pulse Rifles in some circumstances. Expect stability and/or damage adjustments to the Auto Rifle to address this in the weeks ahead.
Scout Rifles
quote:
Scout Rifles are for players who like to keep their enemies at medium range and hate to miss. They are intended to be an awkward weapon to use at close range but to be dominant as long as you land your shots at medium and longer ranges.
Scouts just aren't hitting hard enough today when compared to other precision weapons. We'll be addressing this soon.
Shotguns
quote:
Shotguns are for those situations where you need to deliver a massive spike of damage, right now, to the thing standing next to you about to do you harm.
Today shotguns are effective beyond their intended range, especially when upgraded with that intention. Expect changes soon to address shotguns which push the envelope of what it means to be close quarters.

Bungie will be addressing soon
zgood10
AG
Anybody know how long this reboot will take?
jr15aggie
AG

I laughed... some language so maybe NSFW.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
Playing VoG right now.. hard, but fun... but really, really hard
Bryan98
AG
What level are you?
TheVarian
AG
I'm playing a mission for the queen, the dark garden one if anyone wants to join.

The varian (xb1) and yes there is a space
Bryan98
AG
Just saw a guy named AeroAg08 on the Moon. You on here?
Thunder18
AG
Got your invite kampfers. I was running a queen missions with some other friends
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
quote:
What level are you?
AggieChemE09
AG
xur is in the corner of the room that looks like a lounge near the shipright
SUPAGGIE
quote:

I laughed... some language so maybe NSFW.

So do I talk to those guys to get the queen's missions?
TexasAggie_02
AG
interesting glitch going through the portal on the Black Garden. A friend of mine posted this on youtube. Several players entered the portal at the same time (one of them was on a sparrow) and they were all stuck together, and couldn't escape.

Might want to turn your sound down, b/c the noise of the portal is pretty loud.

Saxsoon
AG
Exotic AR
jr15aggie
AG
I'll be on a little this afternoon and all night tonight starting around 8:00. Level 22 looking to make some noise!!!
jr15aggie
AG
A new loot cave!!!!!

Raggy09
AG
quote:
Exotic AR
now i'm jealous
Naked Hiker
AG
I'm on XBONE and could use help unlocking the thorn exotic hand cannon. I'm a level 25, and only need to beat the summoning pits, but wait to kill Phogoth until after Xyor comes.
Already unlocked the exotic shotgun Invective.
Anyone interested, add me @ Nude Hiker
howdydamnit04
AG
I kinda am starting to hate that so many of the upper level stuff requires a fireteam to be able to beat, but there is no random fireteams for them.
Bigsteve713
AG
Xbox1: durrrtysouth713

Yall can add me if you want
nomad2007
AG
New loot cave
wee_ag
AG
For good or bad they are changing the engrams.

http://www.bungie.net/7_102-Patch-Preview/en/News/News?aid=12202

After the update, engrams will always decode into gear that is at or above the rarity level of the engram. There will also be a better chance of items being decoded into higher level items. Legendary engrams that are in your inventory at the time of the update will be DOWNGRADED to Rare engrams.

I don't know how I feel about this. I know it was annoying to not get a legendary when decoding a purple, but this is going to put legendaries/exotics in our hands faster and reduce the desire to keep trying to find better gear. I'm really hoping there's upcoming updates to expand the storyline/missions. Like maybe pushing this idea that the traveler is evil and the other alien races are the good guys trying to stop it from destroying more worlds by giving them technology (like what the Prime Directive was aimed at stopping).

Anyway, news.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.