*****OFFICIAL DESTINY XB-1 THREAD*****

357,229 Views | 3140 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by LPHA
AggieChemE09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Wife and baby are out of town tonight.

What's the likelihood I can get my character from level 10 to 25 in one sitting?
Bryan98
AG
XB1 - Fedaykin98

Add me if you need someone, and shoot me a message that just says TexAgs so I know where you're coming from. I'm 24.5 after getting the chest and head drops from Queen's Wrath missions. I also had a Legendary engram drop during one of those missions, and it decrypted into Gjallarhorn, the exotic rocket launcher that Xur was selling last week! That was pretty exciting, I was sad that I had missed out on that awesome weapon since I haven't gotten many Strange Coins yet.

I'm hoping to hit the weekly heroic strike tomorrow night with some friends and get the last six Strange Coins I need to be able to buy something off Xur this Friday. I'm trying to get my Vanguard rep up as well. I'm hoping to reach raiding level soon - I loved raiding in WoW back in the day.
Saxsoon
AG
I really just need a legendary primary and a rocket launcher and I should be good to raid.
Wheatables02
AG
quote:
To wheatables02, sorry bud we were farming that spot on the moon and the guy with me got an invite from another friend to go farm the cave on earth and it wouldn't let us join so that's why he kicked you.

No worries. Got to level 20 a bit after that so will be able to do stuff in the future,
slickag2007
AG
I need 2 more strange coins in order to buy something off Xur on Friday. Already have a legendary helmet and chest piece, So I'd like to get something else. And I'd rather get armor than a weapon considering I feel like having a higher level is more important than a higher damage weapon. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Saxsoon
AG
You need a good defense, but if you don't have a good weapon, the enemies will swarm you as they would all be bullet sponges. I have did a level 26 daily heroic, and on a defense base I do fine, but the guys just end up being bullet sponges because I still have a blue pulse rifle.
Bryan98
AG
quote:
I need 2 more strange coins in order to buy something off Xur on Friday. Already have a legendary helmet and chest piece, So I'd like to get something else. And I'd rather get armor than a weapon considering I feel like having a higher level is more important than a higher damage weapon. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I think you're right*, but as you probably know, Xur will only offer you one piece of armor for your class, so good luck.

I, too, am hoping that he offers a piece of armor that particularly fits my needs.

*One of the reasons that I think you're right is that if you are under-levelled compared to the mobs you are fighting (ie lvl 28 in Vog), you suffer a damage reduction to whatever your weapon would otherwise do. You may take more damage as well, I'm not sure. I suppose there's a math problem to do that says if your current weapon does X and your potential upgrade does X + Y, if Y > the damage reduction we just discussed, maybe the weapon is better. That said, I think most of your potential Fireteam friends will be looking at your level more than anything, so I'd go with the armor.

ON THE OTHER HAND, it occurs to me that Faction vendors sell Legendary armor at rank 2, but require rank 3 for weapons. So if your rep is pretty low, you may achieve your desired gearing status faster by buying a weapon from Xur (assuming you like what is on offer) and getting your armor from faction vendors. Hmm.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
All of my legendary armor is from factions (FWC specifically) and my chest piece is from Xur. Once I get everything upgraded, I guess I will be around level 30.
Kampfers
AG
With regards to damage reduction, someone on reddit posted a detailed analysis. Looks like if you are a level below the enemy, you suffer a 32% damage penalty. This helps to explain the trouble we were having with the raid last week.

I need legendary weapons to boost my damage output in the VoG higher. All 3 slots I have are filled with blues. Ideally at least a legendary primary, since you use that the most. I've been attempting to level up a lot of different secondary weapons when turning in bounties because it's a good idea to have at least one void, solar, and arc weapon maxed. On high level strikes and raids, you can only take down shields by dealing the same type of damage. So if you see a wizard with an orange-ish/red shield, shoot them with solar weapons. Purple shield? Use void weapons (purple swirl). Blue shield? Use arc weapons.

AggieChemE09
AG
Yeah Kampfers how high of a lvl were thoughs minotaurs... I was freaking tickling them at lvl24. Since then I've got a new legendary machine gun, upgraded my legendary pulse rifle to 280dmg, and have enough marks and coins to buy 3 new pieces on friday... the VoG will finally be attainable!
Saxsoon
AG
Ph.D, I don't think you do. VoG raid gear has higher light ratings than normal legendaries from my understanding
Thunder18
AG
Minotaurs are the worst
Cabtex
AG
Picking this up tonight... I realize I'm super late to the game, but I'll try to catch up as fast as possible. Any specific need on the raiding groups?
slickag2007
AG
So you just hit them with the same color as their shield?
Bryan98
AG
Yes, same color as the shields.

As far as raiding groups needing specific classes: Is Destiny even designed to care? I don't know, I have intentionally avoided learning about the raid. AFAIK class is more about personal preference.
Saxsoon
AG
I would imagine Sunsingers with the revive ability and Titans with the shield are an absolute must. Hunter seems like whatever your playstyle is, though I would lean bladedancer for crowd control.
Cabtex
AG
Cool. I guess I'll have to play around with them. I know in tribes back in the day; I liked the assault classes but we shall see. PSN: Cbeard812
Raggy09
AG
quote:

On high level strikes and raids, you can only take down shields by dealing the same type of damage. So if you see a wizard with an orange-ish/red shield, shoot them with solar weapons. Purple shield? Use void weapons (purple swirl). Blue shield? Use arc weapons.

Wow. I'm an idiot for not realizing this sooner. I only wish I was kidding :-(
Saxsoon
AG
You wouldn't have realized it sooner unless you did a HIGH level mission. I only discovered it yesterday when I ran the lvl 26 daily heroic
wreckt01
I'll be on xb1 tonight. Hoping to do all the queens missions. Hit me up
Level 23 sun singer
jr15aggie
AG
My blue Ingram turned purple last night! Finally! I'm 22 now and getting closer to buying legendary Vanguard armor. Question, is there a particular piece that I should buy over another? I have gauntlets, so I need chest, helm, legs. Am I more/less likely to get one of those somewhere else? I plan on doing the Queens stuff Friday.
Thunder18
AG
See what the queen bequeaths you first, then yiu can buy the pieces you need
Kampfers
AG
quote:
My blue Ingram turned purple last night! Finally! I'm 22 now and getting closer to buying legendary Vanguard armor. Question, is there a particular piece that I should buy over another? I have gauntlets, so I need chest, helm, legs. Am I more/less likely to get one of those somewhere else? I plan on doing the Queens stuff Friday.
Do the queen's stuff. She will give you chest or helm (sniper also reported as given). You can do it more than once to get both.

Then on friday, if you have 13 strange coins, you should be able to buy a piece of exotic armor from Xur. Buy whatever he is selling, then use your vanguard marks to buy whatever piece you still don't have.

At that point you'll have a complete set and it's less about finding legendary items and more about finding the "right" legendary items (with the strength/intellect/discipline breakdown you want and the right perks)
Ranger222
AG
first Level 30 player

http://www.polygon.com/2014/9/23/6833657/Destiny-level-30

I just got to 20 last night so.......
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Buy whatever he is selling, then use your vanguard marks to buy whatever piece you still don't have.

All good advice... but right now I'm level 22 and the Queen's stuff is at 24 I think (along with either the daily or weekly strike missions). I'd like to get another legendary piece to get to 23 if possible. That's why I was thinking about buying one first. But I don't disagree with the logic of buying what you don't get, but I don't want to be completely handicapped going into those challenges.

It's only me and 1 kid in the house Friday night so my plan is to have a marathon session starting around 8. I'd really like to team up with some Aggies if any are willing to play the missions I'm needing to do.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
first Level 30 player

I briefly read about him the other day. There are certain upgrade materials, etc. that you can get fairly easily by playing through the story (but after you beat those story missions once those items are harder to come by). So instead of using one character to grind for some of this stuff... he had multiple characters getting the stuff via regular gameplay and then sent it to the vault for his main character to use. That's what I read at least... he was smart about it as opposed to playing all night/day.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
When you guys say, "do the queen's stuff" do you mean her raid or all the bounties?

If it is the raid, I will need a person or two to aid me in that endeavor.
Saxsoon
AG
The bounties and then the epic mission modifier that goes active. Still not quite there on the Raid stuff sadly. Hopefully soon. My play group only has one guy that is good to go.
AggieChemE09
AG
Got a legendary helm off of a blue engram last night, then used my vanguard marks and bought boots and a chest piece. So now i'm solidly in lvl 26, and I'll be able to get lvl27 without needing any ascendant materials, which is nice. So whenever the xbox group wants to run VoG lemme know!
SF2004
AG
Hit lvl 12 yesterday. At this rate you guys will be "over" this game and moved on by the time I get up there.

No raid(s) for me is becoming increasingly reality. At least everything else I can que into.
AggieBob08
AG
quote:
Hit lvl 12 yesterday. At this rate you guys will be "over" this game and moved on by the time I get up there.

No raid(s) for me is becoming increasingly reality. At least everything else I can que into.
No worries! I'm only lvl 10...this will take me a while too. damn kids...
Saxsoon
AG
I plan on getting around to a hunter in the next week or so
jr15aggie
AG
quote:

This is reality for a lot of people so no worries. The raid is extremely difficult from what I understand. Even the high level people are spending well over 10+ hours and 100+ deaths working through it.

It's both a good thing and a bad thing... how do you balance giving people a reason to play the game for 100+ hours (which many have done and the game is 2 weeks old... that's insane!!!!) vs. giving the large % of gamers a reason to keep playing after the main story is done. I personally fall into the category that will get left behind. I'm doing some of the post story stuff for some cool gear and mainly because I'm still having fun ... but I will most likely never get a chance to do the raid before I part ways with the game.

The main thing is I had a lot of fun playing the game and I'm not gonna worry about the stuff I didn't get to do.
millertyme
AG
I am WAY late to this party but I just bought the game from Amazon and will have it Saturday. I would be happy to team up with other PS4 players if you don't mind a noob running with you

PSN: TLHero50
htownag08
AG
so I just picked this game up (xbox 360 ) and am in the infant stages of playing. I'm trying to read through this thread to get some ideas about the game, but seems like I need a while before things really start happening.

Any general advice? My character is a hunter.

Anyone playing this on 360?

TIA!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.