*****OFFICIAL DESTINY XB-1 THREAD*****

356,132 Views | 3140 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by LPHA
herb96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sounds like they are taking the fun out of it b/c lil entitled a*****s
Bryan98
AG
I don't equate the existing design of "legendary engram is usually blue" with "the fun." You do?
Saxsoon
AG
Definitely not my definition of fun
Captmorg70
I'm more excited that they are giving engram rewards for completing harder content. That seems like a good first step away from having to farm level 5s for gear/shards.
Bryan98
AG
Yeah, guaranteeing at least one blue engram for a boss kill just makes sense. I actually tweeted that to them yesterday. WoW bosses die and leave you loot, which is a fantastic reward mechanic.

Really, seems like most games do something like that.
BigAggie06
AG
Finally hit 20!
Saxsoon
AG
Nice!

Just bought the Suros Rifle!
Raggy09
AG
ZOMG. Just got an Exotic Scout Rifle (Mida Multi-Tool) from winning a salvage match!!!!
Raggy09
AG
Just got another exotic weapon bounty. Whatever I'm doing, it's working.
Captmorg70
quote:
congrats on both! Which bounty did you get?
Kampfers
AG
Finally got my Bad Juju last night
Tex117
AG
Yeah, the whole "better stuff if you challenge yourself" is just a necessity. It is silly to not have this.

I see what they were trying to do with endgrams, but they just missed the mark.
Raggy09
AG
quote:
quote:
congrats on both! Which bounty did you get?

A light in the dark
Raggy09
AG
Seriously in love with the Mida Multi-tool scout rifle though. One of the perks is the radar stays on screen when aiming down the sights. It's a godsend for PvP.
wee_ag
AG
I NEED TO SHOOT STUFF AFTER THAT GAME! Who's in? Xbone deathmullet76
Kampfers
AG
Vault of Glass today?

Jatts level 28, donde and I 27, and Phelan and mike are 26 I think.

Should be a good chance.
Krussian09
AG
Sounds good to me.
Kampfers
AG
So after ages of not getting any purple weapons, I've now got 2 legendaries and an exotic, with another exotic on the way.

The only problem is they are all primary weapons. I reaaaaaally wish there was an exchange system. I have an exotic pulse rifle (kind of bad, but its getting a buff soon) and a legendary hand cannon and auto rifle.

Also just got another exotic bounty (same 3 options as last time) so ill have an exotic shotty once I wind that up (which is nice to spread the love to my secondary weapon, but sucks because I hate the shotguns in PvE, mainly because they are worthless in boss fights were getting in close guarantees a one hit Ko

My luck has been ridiculous this morning.
dcaggie04
AG
If you need a 6th, I'm in. Lvl 26 titan.
jr15aggie
AG
Thanks to all who I played with... Had good times... But I'm officially out of Destiny. Too many good games coming out in the next couple months (starting next week with Middle Earth) so I have to move along.

Destiny was a good game, lots of fun and quality... But it had some issues and the review scores are justified. My only real surprise was that the game was very small compared to how they hyped the game. But I think we all knew that after the Beta. I'll be interested to see how the game evolves with DLC. Sorry I can't be generous and give away all my stuff!
TexasAggie_02
AG
I'm a 26, almost 27. I might get on around 3.
Agmaniacmike12
Definitely down for VOG today. I'll be on after the Texans game.
AggieChemE09
AG
quote:
Definitely down for VOG today. I'll be on after the Texans game.

Same here
Krussian09
AG
I got a friend who would be interested in the raid if need anotheri

lvl 27 (Hunter) - Asniperforme916
BigAggie06
AG
First legendary weapon! Blue engram turned into a purple rocket launcher.
Bryan98
AG
I've gotten 4 purple engrams so far. Three turned into blue items, one turned into the Exotic rocket launcher Gjallarhorn.

That's awesome, and I love it, but don't you ultimately want your one exotic weapon to be your primary weapon?
BigAggie06
AG
Ok I must be missing something ... My warlock bond ... What does it DO there are not stats with it ...
Bryan98
AG
They don't do anything, except the faction ones that change which rep you're earning.
Ranger222
AG
quote:
They don't do anything, except the faction ones that change which rep you're earning.

That we know of....
Bryan98
AG
quote:
quote:

That we know of....

I read a rumor that some of the junk that the Speaker sells might have some hidden effects on loot drop rates. Obviously, that's speculation that's probably fueled by some guy's feeling that RNG was treating him better in the small sample size of time that followed him equipping that item.

I'm very skeptical of the idea that any of these items have hidden effects, and if they do, that's just more bad design decisions by Bungie.
Kampfers
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

That we know of....

I read a rumor that some of the junk that the Speaker sells might have some hidden effects on loot drop rates. Obviously, that's speculation that's probably fueled by some guy's feeling that RNG was treating him better in the small sample size of time that followed him equipping that item.

I'm very skeptical of the idea that any of these items have hidden effects, and if they do, that's just more bad design decisions by Bungie.
I too, am highly skeptical that the speaker's gear has hidden effects. However, if it did, that would not be another "bad design decision" imo. I think it would be really cool if there was (obviously elite level) gear in the game where you were forced to discover/it wasn't explicitly spelled out what the gear did.

As of right now there's really no reason to buy the speaker's gear because you can get exotic engrams for 23 motes of light from Xur. That didn't stop me though, got me one of these bad boys:
Kampfers
AG
Found this fun little tidbit about the black garden in the grimoire:

It was written by a Pujari (maybe Pujari himself? - as in the person who founded the school of thought? not sure), who view the darkness as the actualization of evil.

quote:
At the end of the path grew a flower in the shape of a Ghost. I reached out to pluck it and it cut me with a thorn. I bled and the blood was Light.

The Ghost said to me: You are a dead thing made by a dead power in the shape of the dead. All you will ever do is kill. You do not belong here. This is a place of life.

The Traveler is life, I said. You are a creature of Darkness. You seek to deceive me.

But I looked behind me, down the long slope where the blossoms tumbled in the warm wind and the great trees wept sap like blood or wine, and I felt doubt.

When my Ghost raised me from the sea there was a thorn-cut in my left hand and it has not healed since.

Emphasis mine. Remember that the Black Garden was where the Vex heart/god thing was. Yet another hint that maybe we aren't the saviors the game portrays us to be.

There's a lot of discussion at other sites that the story was originally much more fleshed out. This was supposed to be Bungie's magnum opus, after all. According to the theory (not sure how much I buy in or not), Activision forced them to can the story because they didn't want this huge story where it turns out you're actually fighting for some sinister being, so they simplified it down into very generic terms (darkness & light) and hid the actual story away in the grimoire. You can read more here, but they tie it in with other events like the lead writer leaving, unused locations, and other stuff.
dcaggie04
AG
That would make sense to me. I do know there is one of the levels on Mars where you find a strange piece of equipment at the end of the level. The ghost mentions something about Rasputin. I don't remember any other point in the game where Rasputin is mentioned. Unless I missed something.
jeffk
AG
Wasn't there some old tech called Rasputin in one of the Russia story levels?
jr15aggie
AG
Yeah, not sure what gives with Bungie and their cryptic way of storytelling in games. Halo has a completely awesome and very deep/complex story with the Halo universe... but it took several play throughs of the game and some real digging to get the real point behind it all... to finally get to that a "oh crap!" moment of revelation.

In other words, Bungie can craft VERY good stories, but man they suck at telling it!!!!!

If what is said above is true, that's pretty awesome, but also very watered down because I honestly couldn't tell you much about who I was fighting for and why. I was on the light side with the traveler and we were fighting the darkness is about as much as I know... outside of that fact the only thing I knew was to shoot anything that moved that wasn't a guardian... except in the crucible, then guardian killing was encouraged!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.