*****OFFICIAL DESTINY XB-1 THREAD*****

356,149 Views | 3140 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by LPHA
Ph.D.Aggies
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So how many of you have melee heavy character?
Saxsoon
AG
I do find that I fall into meleeing a lot when against the hive.

In crucible, it is a very viable option at least for me if they survive my void grenade.
benMath08
AG
quote:
I wasn't really planning on it but I keep getting stuff that recharges my grenades whenever I punch people, in addition to the warlock's ability to the do the same.
bearamedic99
AG
Was anyone able to access their character from the beta?
bigbass1170
AG
Played last night for a few hours for the first time and enjoyed every minute. Any advice for someone who didn't play the beta?
Thunder18
AG
quote:
quote:
I wasn't really planning on it but I keep getting stuff that recharges my grenades whenever I punch people, in addition to the warlock's ability to the do the same.

Same here...the warlock melee is pretty badass anyways against minion type enemies so I generally run around Tysoning dregs while chunking grenades and nova bombs at the captain and knights
Saxsoon
AG
Beta characters are not kept.

The melee for Warlock is so badass with how they disintegrate into light. The Hunter is just a knife.

My Discipline is so high right now because of my armor that my grenade cooldown is incredibly low. I think it is reduced by half right now.
slickag2007
AG
I'm loving it so far. Just got to level 8. Can't wait til I get to Venus.
TexasAggie_02
AG
so, someone at Prima is probably going to get fired for this:

If I'm reading this correctly, if you bought the Strategy Guide, you got a code that let you access an HTML version of it online. Apparently the codes were not "one-time_use" codes. People on Reddit have been sharing codes. One guy printed out the whole thing as a PDF. There's lots of white space and clipped edges b/c it was copied from a webpage, but if you want to take a look at it, its here in this reddit thread:

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2fvvgg/free_destiny_strategy_guide_digital/
Saxsoon
AG
Damn
benMath08
AG
I didn't realize people still made print strategy guides for online games, let alone still bought them.
taz997
Do you have to be a certain level to join the PvP?
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Do you have to be a certain level to join the PvP?

Yes, after you play a little bit of single player you will be prompted in the tower to talk to the guy that invites you to the MP part of the game.
tgeron
Username is DramaPhelps on PS4. Add me.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
Anyone to level 20? On PS4 especially?
Saxsoon
AG
PVP is level 4 or 5
slickag2007
AG
Updated the Xbox 1 list. I won't be on for a few days. AC at my house is out. Staying at the in laws. But will be on ASAP
zgood10
AG
XB 1

drumTX87
OldArmy07
AG
Need someone to do the earth strike mission with me in the next 10 minutes or so. ScottAPerk on XB1. Any takers?
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
Wrong system else I would, OldArmy
Matt_ag98
Xbone GT: matt ag98
wee_ag
AG
I'm on nightly starting around 10:15pm when I get home from work. Message me if you're interested in teaming up!

XB1 - deathmullet76
Agmaniacmike12
Took Vitas, Donde, and I about an hour and a half to complete the last part of the Moon strike mission tonight.
Saxsoon
AG
I think a buddy and I were about 2 levels higher than the hard and the entire mission took about 30 minutes. But that last boss with about 5 warlocks floating around the shrieker still killed us a crap ton. I was little disappointed after the Russia Strike had 3 big fight scenes in it.
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
Been playing all night. Really enjoying it. I've played my story missions all on hard but I don't know if it helps me level up any faster but it sure doesn't seem to take long.

just unlocked crucible and it's been pretty fun.
redass1876
AG
3 names still need to be added to the list:

PS4:
AeroAgg06
Benjen_Stark_GoT
Ned_Stark_GoT
jeffk
AG
Pretty bummed I haven't got to play this much the last few nights. Work is eating my lunch this week.
dfphotos
Played with redbarron last night and he rarely died. Doubled my kills.
Wheatables02
AG
add me ps4 - wheatables02
SF2004
AG
Enjoying the game so far. I can see how you can group up to do ANYTHING in the game so that is exciting.

Some team event spawned while I was patrolling Russia last night and we failed.

Really like the "Halo" feel, also the music is the best I have heard since Halo 3. Can't wait to dive deeper into it. Should be fun.

Please add me to the list on PS4. FecalFighter04.
Kampfers
AG
I was having XBL issues last night. I couldn't connect to other guardians for the Crucible, I couldn't connect to other guardians for the strikes (ended up running the Russia strike solo so I could get the last gold chest), and it didn't appear that anyone received party or game invites I sent.

I want to do the moon strike tonight, and I'll also be running through the last mission or two on Venus (and hopefully that strike as well, depending on my time and/or level) if anyone wants to join up. Should be ready to go no later than 7 central but I'll be on for a while.
Agmaniacmike12
I don't think the game expected us to take it down given that we were all lower rank than the strike mission called for. I was a level 11 and the other two were rank 9. We kept on getting trapped in the room where the shrieker spawned and would clear it in about 10 minutes and take down about a tenth of the ogre's health once free each time. Once we got it down to about 1/3 of the health bar the enemies thinned out and spawned very rarely. We all finished north of 100 kills and the loot was sweet.
jr15aggie
AG
That all sounds great, but it's my one gripe about this type of game... I played a ton with Kampfers and others the first night, but didn't play any last night spending time with the wife. So now I'm way behind lots of guys and if they want to join with me they will have to play the Earth strike (which I haven't done yet) instead of the Moon strike which is what they probably have more interest in.
TexasAggie_02
AG
So if you go into a strike with 2 ppl, it will through a random guy in with you. Tried to do the moon strike with a 12 and a 11, and we got matched up with an 8.

Never made it past the first big door. Ended up quitting and screwed around until another friend got on.
SECivil Ag-11
AG
quote:
That all sounds great, but it's my one gripe about this type of game... I played a ton with Kampfers and others the first night, but didn't play any last night spending time with the wife. So now I'm way behind lots of guys and if they want to join with me they will have to play the Earth strike (which I haven't done yet) instead of the Moon strike which is what they probably have more interest in.

This. I was playing on Venus when a severely underleveled friend joined me. I probably spent as much time reviving him as I did shooting things. Ended up switching him to the fireteam leader so he could play levels that fit his level more.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.