*****OFFICIAL DESTINY XB-1 THREAD*****

357,198 Views | 3140 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by LPHA
bearamedic99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has anyone seen a Blade of Crota while on patrol? I used harvest them near the earth loot cave but they disappeared recently.
Sentinel
AG
On patrol when you first spawn on Earth. One will spawn in a cave near by and another underneath one of the buildings.
thewhiteegg
AG
I don't think they spawn on the earth or moon anymore. The only place I've been able to find one since the last update is in the 'fist of crota' mission on earth.
TefIon Don
AG
Start the fist of Crota mission, ride your sparrow past all the adds, kill Blade of Crota. Repeat.
bearamedic99
AG

Sentinel
GigEmAgs14
AG
anyone excited for HoW tomorrow?
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
anyone excited for HoW tomorrow?
i havent played destiny in over 2 months. i just started Assassin's Creed Unity (it was on Games with Gold for $29 a week ago). I'll make my way back over to destiny eventually. Destiny consumed too much of my time, i had to walk away from it. Too much work, not enough reward.
Bryan98
AG
I also haven't played in months. I can vaguely remember having a bunch of fun. I can also remember that there was never enough content or variety. Looks like they're having some kind of Wolf Hunt event right now?
GigEmAgs14
AG
I am contemplating walking away from it. It is getting very tedious and taking so much time!
bearamedic99
AG
Yeah, Queen's Wrath bounties for certain Fallen bosses. I could not beat the day one Captain with my lvl 30 titan so maybe Tuesday afternoon, someone might be willing to join me in fulfilling these bounties.
GigEmAgs14
AG
Yes it is just finding chests and getting keys.
The new DLC drops tomorrow, comes with a variety of new things but not a new raid unfortunately.
I am looking for a new game to play but haven't decided what to start yet.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
Yes it is just finding chests and getting keys.
The new DLC drops tomorrow, comes with a variety of new things but not a new raid unfortunately.
I am looking for a new game to play but haven't decided what to start yet.
make sure you always check the "games with gold" they get some goods ones every once in awhile. a week ago they had Assassin's Creed Unity and Far Cry 4 for $30 a piece.
bearamedic99
AG
I could not beat the new nightfall (lvl 32) with a group of 3 lvl 32 hunters. Be careful that in the room with the walker, you get teleported from hiding places. Maybe if you are in a group with a defender titan it may work but it is a kill room with little cover.
Bryan98
AG
I got on and played with my friend TheWalt for a little bit last night - we did the Queen's missions on the Earth and Venus. I got one purple out of the deal, so that's cool.

I do hear The Witcher 3 calling my name, though, and I still need to finish Bloodborne, which I inexplicably set down after being consumed by it for a couple weeks.
TheVarian
AG
Witcher looks soooo gooooooood. But I want to at least try HoW
TheVarian
AG
Well, played the first go around of HoW and I have to say. I'm a little impressed. I'll definitely be going back to play some more.

So far I feel:

HoW = VoG > crapa
Saxsoon
AG
PS4 guy here, but I have the same issue between HoW and Witcher. Ended up only playing Witcher for a bit last night and spent most of my time on Destiny. I know Witcher is a beautiful game, but Destiny really is a stunning game in its own right, if not surpassing most games this gen.
herb96
AG
anyone get pretty far on Prison of Elders yet?
TefIon Don
AG
Just the 28 and 32 levels so far. Its pretty easy to get a character to 33, so I may try PoE 34 with my 33 titan and see what happens.
GigEmAgs14
AG
I have a level 33 Warlock and will help with the level 34 if you want. I need a Treasure Key though and don't know how to get that?
TefIon Don
AG
Treasure keys are just for the exotic chest, but each time you run a PoE you get a guaranteed drop based on what level it is. You run level 32, you get the armor core and can purchase Varyk's level 42 armor for that week. I think keys are dropped from nightfalls and ether chests, but it seems like they are pretty rare.
thewhiteegg
AG
Just spent about 3 hours on the level 34 PoE.. That final boss is absolutely insane. We got within a couple black hammer shots of killing him at one point when all his friends showed up and killed us.
Sentinel
AG
Took well over 3 hours to get through the level 34 one. He was one Gjallarhorn shot away from death so many times when we were bum rushed by wizards and knights.
TefIon Don
AG
Looking forward to trying the level 34 PoE soon
GigEmAgs14
AG
quote:
Looking forward to trying the level 34 PoE soon
It isn't bad as long as there are two level 33's in it
slickag2007
AG
I got The Last Word from the key chest in Prison Of Elders the other day. 2 days later, and Xur is selling it! Ugh. Just my luck.
LPHA
AG
Anyone want to run crota normal and/or hard?
thewhiteegg
AG
So I just did all 3 nightfalls for the first time in a long time. I almost never get anything from them. The first one gave me the new 'Bones of Eao' hunter boots (triple jump on a bladedancer). The second and third BOTH dropped new 365 Gjallarhorns. I need to go buy a lottery ticket..
GigEmAgs14
AG
two gallys in a row??
I got my first gally off my first nightfall this week and thought I felt awesome. Your experience definitely trumps mine!
jr15aggie
AG
LOL, reading a few posts in here and I have NO IDEA what some of you are talking about. And I actually played the game, but I got out early so I don't know any of the lingo. Back in my day the only thing you needed to know about was the Loot Cave!
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
LOL, reading a few posts in here and I have NO IDEA what some of you are talking about. And I actually played the game, but I got out early so I don't know any of the lingo. Back in my day the only thing you needed to know about was the Loot Cave!
Get off My lawn. The hive aren't respawning
TheVarian
AG
Looking to do some PoE tonight. Anyone interested?
GigEmAgs14
AG
loot cave?
What did you play, the beta?
Vade281
AG
I'm interested in doing 32 and 34 POE times three tonight.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.