*****OFFICIAL DESTINY XB-1 THREAD*****

356,137 Views | 3140 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by LPHA
Saxsoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There are 6 strikes on PS4 and 5 and XB1. 1 on Earth, 1 on the moon, 2 on Venus, and 2 (1) on Mars.
Kampfers
AG
Just found my first legendary item!!! Omg.

It was boots, kinda disappointing but I'm not complaining. Got it in the crucible.

I also farmed a bunch of blue/green engrams in the ishtar commons pretty successfully
jeffk
AG
This week kicked my butt at work and I feel like I'll never catch up with the rest of you guys.
slickag2007
AG
I got a Decoherent Engram this morning on a Strike. I haven't decoded it yet. Should I wait until I'm a higher level? I'm a level 12 Warlock currently.
Kampfers
AG
It is really up to you. If you wait until lvl 20, it will be a higher level weapon. But you wont get to use it until then. And you shouldn't have much of an issue finding other blue engrams. Now, if you were to find a purple engram, by all means save it until 20.
Kampfers
AG
Also, if anyone wants to team up for the Weekly Heroic Strike, I plan to take that on tonight. Level 22 strike and arc weapons do bonus damage so keep that in mind as you prepare.

But you get a bunch of rep and 3 strange coins, which are pretty valuable (there is a separate merchant that accepts them)
slickag2007
AG
When I look at it in game, it says that it could hold a legendary weapon. I don't know what the chances are of that though.
Thunder18
AG
Anyone having connection issues today? First our fireteam couldnt communicate in game or party chat, now i cant sign in to live
SECivil Ag-11
AG
quote:
Anyone having connection issues today? First our fireteam couldnt communicate in game or party chat, now i cant sign in to live
I was able to sign in but can't seem to connect with others to do a strike
Ranger222
AG
XBox Live was down earlier
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
So how many of you guys have joined factions? Did you choose because of stats of their equipment or because you were role-playing/faction goals?

Saxsoon
AG
For the stats, though you really can't beat a name like Future War Cult.

Though New Monarchy and Dead Orbit seem like such polar extremes (stay with the Traveler or leave it all behind) while FWC is the most level headed about it. Regardless of what we choose, we will have to fight for it. So I also like them from that perspective too.
Kampfers
AG
I went with New Monarchy for the Intellect/Strength focus. would have gone with FWC if it wasnt for the better gear for the way i've set up my class.
caveman-economist
AG
If looking for players, let me know
XBOX ONE: cave economist
BigAggie06
AG
PSN: BigAggie06
Captmorg70
Is anyone playing on 360?

xbox360:CaptMorg70 lvl 24 Sun Singer
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
quote:
For the stats, though you really can't beat a name like Future War Cult.

Though New Monarchy and Dead Orbit seem like such polar extremes (stay with the Traveler or leave it all behind) while FWC is the most level headed about it. Regardless of what we choose, we will have to fight for it. So I also like them from that perspective too.
I also rep the FWC gear. As we all know from playing Fallout: War --- War Never Changes!
agfan2013
AG
Enjoying this a lot. Think I'm up to a level 11 which isn't bad as I got it a few days after release. I'm kinda surprised to see its meta critic average, I think it's another watch dogs situation. They hyped this up to be this game changing, revolutionary, best game ever and while it's good it's not groundbreaking in any aspects for the most part and has a fairly weak story. Still, it's a well built FPS/RPG/persistent online game that is a lot of fun when you are playing with friends.

I'll probably only have one character and I went with the hunter class as I like the golden gun and throwing knife.

Also, I don't know if I just have that bad of luck or what, but I think I've won only one damn match out of 7 or 8 in the crucible. I don't know if I'm just always getting bad teammates even though I usually have one or two guys that I'm partied up with but almost every game is a blowout to the tune of 20,000 to 13,000 or worse.
Ranger222
AG
Played the crucible for the first time last night and it was pretty bad. I assume that even though you are playing with level 20s, the game evens out the disadvantage since I'm just a level 11 also. Not sure. Will definitely focus on the story before going back, unless it is to pick up random bounties.

You do, however, level up a LOT faster in crucible than just playing story mode alone/roaming.
Saxsoon
AG
The Crucible levels everyone out and all armor and weapons are the same. However, that does not remove the perks that some people get I believe. I know in the Crucible my fusion rifle has the boosted magazine clip that I have in the story.

Iron Banner is when levels and gear come into play. If you aren't fully level 30, don't bother applying.
swc93
AG
Been enjoying playing the game. Longer I play the more it reminds me of the Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic game, especially when I return to the Tower.
benMath08
AG
quote:
Longer I play the more it reminds me of the Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic game
Huh?
swc93
AG
Obviously not the FPS aspect.

Some of the music, menu's and movement controls. Definitely the sounds of the background noise in the Tower sounds like the space ports in that Star Wars game.
AggieChemE09
AG
I just added like 15 of you Xb1 people.

XB1: Afterlife1987
Saxsoon
AG
Some of the music reminds me of Mass Effect.

Which by the way, the music in this game is amazing. Very haunting yet hopeful which I feel matches the overall point Bungie was going for.

I think think this is the type of game where the sum of its parts is far greater than its individual components. No one thing is amazing (with the exception of the gameplay mechanics and the music) yet I have never put over 25 hours into a game within 5 days. And I didn't get to play much on Saturday because of some work and the game.
degreedy
AG
So do I need to get this game?
heisatouchdown
AG
I wish I had dedicated gamer friends as this is definitely a game to enjoy with friends. My biggest issue has been for the Level 8 Raid on Earth finding a competent group.
jeffk
AG
My brother took pity on me and helped me finish all the Mother Freaking Russia missions last night.
Say Chowdah
AG
So I tried the Earth Strike. Even though I was a higher level than the two others who were unfortunately selected to do this with me, I was dead friggin last every single time we died. And I don't mean they were 10 kills ahead of me. They were almost double the kills of me.

I am certain that some 18 year old kid was screaming at the screen, "Jesus, you suck you old *******!"

I need to group with a couple of friends so that I can talk with them and apologize for my ineptitude ahead of time.
dfphotos
i suck at this game too

ps4: terrtwins
Raggy09
AG
quote:
Is anyone playing on 360?

xbox360:CaptMorg70 lvl 24 Sun Singer

Hey-o

GT: AnthroMetal
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
quote:
I wish I had dedicated gamer friends as this is definitely a game to enjoy with friends. My biggest issue has been for the Level 8 Raid on Earth finding a competent group.
I am pretty sure that for strikes (unless you are doing the weekly/daily), you will be randomly matched with 2 other people who should be around your skill level. This continues even when you get high enough in level to do random strikes on level 24 (which --- makes that one in Russia pretty dang intense!)

kill0509
AG
PS4: kill0509

Sent a request to Ph. D. and marsuvees. We're getting to the point that we're gonna need a few Ags to jump in with so we can start hitting some of the raids each week. Just a few more strikes and we'll have every mission completed. Old college buddy and I just finished the storyline missions this weekend.
AggieChemE09
AG
Changed name to: The After1ife (xb1)

On right now, and for most the night. Lvl 16 warlock and gonna run through Venus and onward tonight
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Kill, add me eyeguytex

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.