*****OFFICIAL DESTINY XB-1 THREAD*****

356,118 Views | 3140 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by LPHA
htownag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'd love to knock out the raids tonight if anyone is on. I won't be able to play the rest of the week so I need to do some work tonight.
RedbeardAG
AG
Iron Banner Question- Can I complete crucible bounties? Will my Thorn quest gain/lose points? All i have for void as a hunter is a crappy blue shotgun, and I don't want to drop all the way back to zero as I get my ass smoked by lvl 32 full raid guys.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
Iron Banner Question- Can I complete crucible bounties? Will my Thorn quest gain/lose points? All i have for void as a hunter is a crappy blue shotgun, and I don't want to drop all the way back to zero as I get my ass smoked by lvl 32 full raid guys.
you can complete crucible bounties in iron banner. thorn will gain/lose points. You don't say what your level is, but if you are more than two levels below whomever you are tango-ing with in IB, you will have a hard time (though not impossible).

last IB, as a 30, i got killed quite a few times by people that were 26/27. most of the time i won out. People within one level of you (+/-) will be on somewhat equal footing. I think the damage/defense is a 15% drop off if you are a level below, 30% ish for 2 levels and 50% for 3 levels.

on the plus side, most of the high level guys will probably be in Iron Banner, so you may have better luck at getting lower level people in crucible (i know level doesn't count in crucible, but you may get more inexperienced players).

If you can get a good fireteam going of higher level ppl, they might be able to carry you through IB.
RedbeardAG
AG
Level 29, so not to concerned about that. The discrepency in quality of weapons however..
Bryan98
AG
quote:
I'd love to knock out the raids tonight if anyone is on. I won't be able to play the rest of the week so I need to do some work tonight.

I'm supposed to watch TV with my wife tonight, but if she decides to do something else and you see me on, hit me up.
bearamedic99
AG
I may be on later tonight for a raid. Twice today I formed PUGs on Destinylfg for Crota's End (I've never done it before) and twice did not get to finish. Sigh. I'll hit up VoG a few more time for shards to try to level my armor.
bearamedic99
AG
PS- if you need another for the raid, message me on XBL and hopefully my smartglass app will bring me back to the console if away
bearamedic99
AG
Wow. Thanks for letting me tag along on the hard raid. Maybe next time. ...
Tex117
AG
quote:
PS- if you need another for the raid, message me on XBL and hopefully my smartglass app will bring me back to the console if away
This will be a tough week for PUGing on Crota's End. With the anti-cheese patch, there are alot of people who havent played the raid straight.

That said, in the next few weeks it will get better.

(And if you are a hunter, get used to the sword for Crota. Its alot of pressure, but its really fun and alot of the battle swings on you...and the impending victory).
htownag08
AG
Thanks to the Ags last night that ran Crota. I had never run it legit, and it was pretty awesome. I also got the most ridiculous drop I think I may ever get doing raids, so...i'm pretty pumped.
AggieChemE09
AG
Would have been faster if our sword-carrier didn't stink
TheVarian
AG
quote:

Lawlz
Tex117
AG
quote:

Then pick it up.

Oh, and there is a consenses that they tweeked just a hair of Crota's timing. As a swordbearer, my timing was off a few times when in previous weeks it would have been right on.
AggieChemE09
AG
I was sword-bearer, just having some self-depreciating humor.

It took us 3 tries, and I think only 3 of us had beat it legit before, so I'll consider it a win. First wipe was fast and all my fault, second we got him down to 5% and enrage went on, the third we smoked him with our new found teamwork!

Our biggest improvement was creating alot of Orbs at the bottom of the stairs where you wait while killing the sword bearer. I was able to collect enough orbs to have my super ready for each sword, which helped immensely!
TexasAggie_02
AG
solo'd the lamps twice last night, and finally got enough shards to get to 32.
AggieChemE09
AG
The timing did feel a little less forgiving. I don't have quite enough experience at sword to say for sure, but I felt that he was immune a little longer while kneeling than I remember.
Tex117
AG
quote:
The timing did feel a little less forgiving. I don't have quite enough experience at sword to say for sure, but I felt that he was immune a little longer while kneeling than I remember.

HAHA, sorry about that. Too many times people whale on the swordbearer when they themselves wont pick it up.

I felt the same about the timing. There was just something a little different about it. It was very slight, but slight is the name of the game up there.

Good strategy with the orbs!
Colin Cheadle
I just stuck an ascendant shard up my ass.
LPHA
AG
radiant or gtfo
IntercooledAggie
Raid group I was in last night made it to Templar on VOG Hard, but didn't have the firepower to get it done. Any good Ags available this week to help me finish?
Raggy09
AG
I'll be your huckleberry.
Raggy09
AG
So I got gifted no land beyond from a strike...
Bryan98
AG
LF1M for CE right now. Fedaykin98 =D
BadMoonRisin
AG
I got an XBOX One for Christmas and have put an hour or two into Destiny so far (I have a 11 week old baby, so I cant play as much as I'd like), but this game seems incredibly dull.

So far I am level 8 or 9 and doing Moon missions kind of haphazardly because I dont seem to know which order to go in.

Also, the missiosn seem so generic and dont really have any story line or anything to follow ("Go here, get this sword, kill these dudes with it! Good job"...."Run a long way killing aliens, then let the ghost check out this ancient computer while you defend it from waves of enemies", etc.)

Is it worth sticking out? Or is this game just not for me?

I've heard it can be kind of grindy at the beginning, which is OK with me because I've played MMOs before, but I think maybe my issue is with the new babe I cant really play as much as I could previously so I lose interest.
AggieChemE09
AG
Destiny is a horrible game with good gunplay until you hit level 20.

Destiny is addicting game that takes atleast about 5 hours a week after level 20 to even make it worth your while.

If you play enough, it is a great game. If you can't, spend your time playing something that requires less time/week.
AggieChemE09
AG
Super Good Advice for those who have not done much raiding in your lives.

While in a raid, speak in third person.

"I need Help" "Come to me" "I need a cleanse" "Where am I" "I will do it"

These are all meaningless unless everyone else knows who is talking, cut down on the confusion, summon your inner Kanye West, and speak in third person.

for example

"The Afterlife is here to #&*% $&!( up" "The Afterlife is never wrong"
Bryan98
AG
quote:
Super Good Advice for those who have not done much raiding in your lives.

While in a raid, speak in third person.

"I need Help" "Come to me" "I need a cleanse" "Where am I" "I will do it"

These are all meaningless unless everyone else knows who is talking, cut down on the confusion, summon your inner Kanye West, and speak in third person.

So true. Fed knows The Afterlife is very good at this.
AggieChemE09
AG
quote:
So true. Fed knows The Afterlife is very good at this.
Bryan98
AG
I love that GIF. Cute overload.
Vade281
AG
Can you add me as Vade281 to this list? I should be 27 on Friday and starting to do more end game.
LPHA
AG
My friend(s) and I might try to run VoG on normal around 7 tonight, and would need 3 or possibly 4 more people. Just a warning, 2 of us have only done it once, and the 3rd has never done it. Do any of you fine people want to hold our hands while we cross the street?

31 Warlock
30 Hunter
29 Hunter (maybe)

GT: Tiny Pumpkins
ClickClack
AG
quote:
My friend(s) and I might try to run VoG on normal around 7 tonight, and would need 3 or possibly 4 more people. Just a warning, 2 of us have only done it once, and the 3rd has never done it. Do any of you fine people want to hold our hands while we cross the street?

31 Warlock
30 Hunter
29 Hunter (maybe)

LPHA
AG
Two of us did it a couple weeks ago, and did fine. And we have the basic understanding of the different parts.
AggieKatie2
AG
Speaking of Super Good Advice. Started the exotic bounty. On step 4.

Should help with VOG against oracles.
Tex117
AG
quote:

31 Warlock
30 Hunter
29 Hunter (maybe)

You sir, deserve a gold medal. Im not joking.

You are taking the time to actually learn the fight before you jump into Hard mode. PUGing these past few weeks has been a nightmare as there are newly minted 30 and 31s who have never done the raid at all and are complaining they don't know what to do and then they die (no revives on Hard). What can be an easy 45 minutes start to finish can be a 4 hour ordeal without a clear.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.