*****OFFICIAL DESTINY XB-1 THREAD*****

356,146 Views | 3140 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by LPHA
Tex117
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Thanks for letting me tag along. I need to get up to 31 to be more help cause I felt like I was always dying at the worst moments, but at least I'm not plasmapancakes, right!?
Ugh! PlasmaPackcakes. That goober will go down in infamy in our little raid group.

Speaking of, we may be giving it another go this evening to take down Crota. At least Bee-Dav and I, you want to join up again?

I will try and not lose my sheet if end up picking up a destinlylfg player who wont shut up and did not go in blind like I posted...and insisted on telling us all what to do at all times....and not shut up...and go as far as to repeat saying what effing buttons to press on a controller....and not shut up...and not shut up....and not shut up....

I think a team of almost all 31's will make that all a breeze. The DPS boost and the being able to take a hit will really make it all much easier.
Aggie_3
quote:
quote:
Thanks for letting me tag along. I need to get up to 31 to be more help cause I felt like I was always dying at the worst moments, but at least I'm not plasmapancakes, right!?
Ugh! PlasmaPackcakes. That goober will go down in infamy in our little raid group.

Speaking of, we may be giving it another go this evening to take down Crota. At least Bee-Dav and I, you want to join up again?

I will try and not lose my sheet if end up picking up a destinlylfg player who wont shut up and did not go in blind like I posted...and insisted on telling us all what to do at all times....and not shut up...and go as far as to repeat saying what effing buttons to press on a controller....and not shut up...and not shut up....and not shut up....

I think a team of almost all 31's will make that all a breeze. The DPS boost and the being able to take a hit will really make it all much easier.

Did you play with Sneakixx?! The famous im not a bad player guys i just need practice
cr0wbar
AG
I'm too noob to run raid with you guys- but I might just have to sit in yalls party channel again just to hear about tongue punching pancake's fart box again.
Tex117
AG
quote:
I'm too noob to run raid with you guys- but I might just have to sit in yalls party channel again just to hear about tongue punching pancake's fart box again.

HAHA, you must think Im a total a--hole. I mean, come on! An annoying effer, who is essentially yelling in your ear taking the fun out of a fun activity will send me up the wall every time!

Grind up and come join us!

quote:
Did you play with Sneakixx?! The famous im not a bad player guys i just need practice

HAHA, awesome.

No, our guy may have been even worse. I posted specifically on Destinylfg for someone who had not even READ about the raid. Totally blind. Just to check out and learn the fights. You know. actually enjoy the one part of the game that makes the grind worth it. This effer comes in, starts barking orders and wont shut up. What made it worse...he died often.
Aggie_3
Im not raiding on the new one until i have my guy atleast 30 or 31 which should be tonight and tomorrow
Aggie_3
quote:
quote:

HAHA, you must think Im a total a--hole. I mean, come on! An annoying effer, who is essentially yelling in your ear taking the fun out of a fun activity will send me up the wall every time!

Grind up and come join us!

quote:

HAHA, awesome.

No, our guy may have been even worse. I posted specifically on Destinylfg for someone who had not even READ about the raid. Totally blind. Just to check out and learn the fights. You know. actually enjoy the one part of the game that makes the grind worth it. This effer comes in, starts barking orders and wont shut up. What made it worse...he died often.

I would have just booted him from the fireteam lol
Tex117
AG
quote:
I would have just booted him from the fireteam lol

I was close, I mean real close, but thankfully, he had to hop off due to having finals. We got back on Destinylfg and picked up two more, and they were great players. We would have finished the raid, but for it getting late and people needing to sleep.
bearamedic99
AG
today's heroic mission on level 30 is ridiculous for lvl 29 players
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:

we got a guy from destinylfg to do hard VOG last week. the guy would not shut up. we are trying to call out enemies, where we got teleported, etc, and he just kept on talking. He sounded like a little kid, but he was a really good player.

Finally, he asked me how i got my player emblem b/c he liked it. I said that i got that for being a member of Bungie.net for 10 years. He yelled "TEN YEARS?! I"M NOT WAITING UNTIL I'M 23 FOR SOME LOGO!"

all the rest of us just busted out laughing
Aggie_3
He hasnt even felt the warm touch of a woman yet
redbaron788
AG
If we can't get enough 30s to finish Crota tonight, I still have two characters that need to run the Nightfall and/or Vault
Thunder18
AG
quote:
He hasnt even felt the warm touch of a woman yet
Aggie_3
quote:
If we can't get enough 30s to finish Crota tonight, I still have two characters that need to run the Nightfall and/or Vault

Im down for nightfall red
Tex117
AG
quote:
"TEN YEARS?! I"M NOT WAITING UNTIL I'M 23 FOR SOME LOGO!"

Holy sheet. Thats hilarious.

Red and Aggie_ I too have some alts that I need to run in the nightfall as well (if I can get them all leveled in time). I have arc weapons!

Aggie, what is your psn?
redbaron788
AG
Last night I had a friend hop in the Nightfall I was attempting solo. The only arc weapons I have on my hunter are Special. This guy had Fatebringer, Arc Murmur, and Thunderlord so we were pretty set in arc damage

note: Fatebringer is one reason I still need to do a Hard Vault run
TexasAggie_02
AG
fatebringer destroyed in this nightfall. holy chit. I wish there was a way to upgrade the damage to the new max level.
bearamedic99
AG
quote:
quote:
Last night, I tried the VoG Normal for the third time and for the third time, the party could not stay together after a few failures during the Atheon portion. One of these days, I want to kill Atheon.

Wait hold up you havent beatin atheon?!
It's hard to find the time when you have a 1 year old
Aggie_3
quote:
quote:
"TEN YEARS?! I"M NOT WAITING UNTIL I'M 23 FOR SOME LOGO!"

Holy sheet. Thats hilarious.

Red and Aggie_ I too have some alts that I need to run in the nightfall as well (if I can get them all leveled in time). I have arc weapons!

Aggie, what is your psn?

Aggie21251
Aggie_3
quote:
Last night I had a friend hop in the Nightfall I was attempting solo. The only arc weapons I have on my hunter are Special. This guy had Fatebringer, Arc Murmur, and Thunderlord so we were pretty set in arc damage

note: Fatebringer is one reason I still need to do a Hard Vault run

I may do nightfall and vog hard with you
Thunder18
AG
Thunderlord is the tits on this nightfall
Tex117
AG
quote:
Fatebringer is one reason I still need to do a Hard Vault run

I'd love to tell you it is not worth it now. So you don't have to keep running it. That it is not worth it in the new raid...etc.

But, sadly, it isn't true. I have it and with the firefly damage with percision shots on some of the mobs it was priceless. I thought it worked better than the vex, but that may be its because Im a handcannon enthusiast.
ccaggie05
AG
So I've barely touches Destiny since launch. I would love to pick it back up but of course I'm ages behind everybody at this point. I don't even think I'm level 15 (I literally stopped playing launch week). How much grinding do I need to do to even be able to group with people at this point?
Aggie_3
quote:
So I've barely touches Destiny since launch. I would love to pick it back up but of course I'm ages behind everybody at this point. I don't even think I'm level 15 (I literally stopped playing launch week). How much grinding do I need to do to even be able to group with people at this point?

Not much cuz youll be able to buy everything to level up to 31 once you reach 20
AggieChemE09
AG
Running NM VoG on XB1 in 20 minutes. Anyone want to join?

Xb1 The After1ife
Tex117
AG
quote:

Probably about 15 or so hours worth of playing but spreak across weeks. 2 1/2 or so weeks worth of grinding. (because of the mark cap of 100 a week...and assuming ZERO lucky drops)

You have about 2 hours or so to finish the story and hit 20.

Then do daily bounties to raise you vanguard rank to 2. (and get two commendation medals). Once you hit 2, you can buy armor. 1 commendation for the helm (120 marks) 1 comendation for chest (75 marks). Boots and gauntles 75 a piece. Grind up the armor (maybe a few days worth of bounties). Actually, now that I think about it. You will probably want to run the first (Vault) raid a few times to get enough ascendant material to get the final upgrades for your armor. Regardless, you will be at a pretty good level before that. Also, instead of trying to buy your vanguard helm, I'd try and get any exotic helm that xur sells for your class. Saves you a weeks worth of marks, and about 20 ascendant shards.

Your real grind will be getting marks as marks are capped at 100 per week and the material.

in other words. max your marks and run the bounties every day and you will be up and raiding soon.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
quote:
no upgrade for legendaries you already have. Going forward, the legendaries that launched with the game will be higher damage, so if you get them from engrams or RNG drops, they will have better stats than the ones you already have.

This could be misleading - the new legendary items are new items with new stats and different names, from what I've read. They aren't in any way the same items that launched with the game. I believe those items have all been removed from vendors, and probably loot tables. The only exception that I'm aware of is that if you are holding a pre-DLC engram or reward mail, those are locked in to pre-DLC items.
so i ranked up FWC last night, and in my care package i got "The Crash" shotgun. It has a max damage of 331. I already had the crash from long before the dark below, so they have upgraded the damage on the old legendaries (or at least some of them), you just have to find them.
Saxsoon
AG
Xur is selling my upgraded helmet and Ice Breaker, SWEET!

Already got an upgraded Thunderlord from a purple Engram yesterday.

Pick up the Urn from Xur. Some speculate that eventually the quest chain will gift a common auto rifle. Eventually it becomes legendary and with a shard from the raid, becomes an exotic arc auto rifle
cr0wbar
AG
ok- I've been racking my brain lately with this.

if I have a fully upgraded pre-TDB exotic (Knucklehead Radar). And Xur is currently selling post patch Knucklehead Radar. There is absolutely no point in upgrading my first one, correct? Because that will take an exotic shard just to reset it to post patch stats. Am I thinking through this correctly?
redbaron788
AG
To my knowledge, that is correct
AggieChemE09
AG
If the ATK Rating on your weapon is only 300, I would upgrade it to the 331 version and suck it up. You are giving up 15% Damage increase if you leave it at 300.
Saxsoon
AG
But 7shards will be cheaper than buying a brand new helmet
cr0wbar
AG
I think this sheds some light. Thanks guys

Armor: 13 SC vs 14 SC, 7000 glimmer

You are saving not only a SC in the process but also 7000 glimmer. Moral of the story, always buy armor instead of upgrading when the option presents itself!
Secondary: 17 SC vs 14 SC, 7000 glimmer
This one is a trade off. Yes, upgrading is 3 SC less, but it is also 7000 glimmer more. No right or wrong answer here.
Primary: 23 SC vs 14 SC, 7000 glimmer
Is saving 9 strange coins (halfway to buying a secondary exotic) worth 7000 glimmer to you? I plan to always upgrade my primary exotics.
Saxsoon
AG
Don't you still need another shard on top of that to do the final upgrade on a new piece as well? So armor would cost 14 with two upgrades while a brand new one would technically be 20.
cr0wbar
AG
quote:
Don't you still need another shard on top of that to do the final upgrade on a new piece as well? So armor would cost 14 with two upgrades while a brand new one would technically be 20.
I see what you're saying- you are correct. But keep in mind- when you upgrade an existing exotic- it resets to zero. So you could theoretically add 7 SC to each of these scenarios I posted above to get to a 'fully upgraded' exotic.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
yes, but.....

as far as armor pieces and secondaries go, If you already have the item it can be cheaper to buy a new one and level it up. Once you get to the last tier and need that shard, dismantle the old one (you don't really need it anymore). you just saved yourself 7 SC.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.