*****OFFICIAL DESTINY XB-1 THREAD*****

357,275 Views | 3140 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by LPHA
bearamedic99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I read that Xur will be boosting existing rare/yellow items for a cost but what about legendary/purple? I bought some gauntlets from the vanguard to disassemble for shards and saw that the Light on them goes to level 33. My raid gauntlets Light only goes to level 30. Also, does anyone know what the little diamond in the top right corner of bounties and items means?
TexasAggie_02
AG
no upgrade for legendaries you already have. Going forward, the legendaries that launched with the game will be higher damage, so if you get them from engrams or RNG drops, they will have better stats than the ones you already have.
Saxsoon
AG
Existing Legendaries will not be boosted. You have to get either raid gear or the new tower gear to get to higher levels.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
Existing Legendaries will not be boosted.
legendaries in your possession will not be boosted, the exact same weapons/armor can still drop via RNG, and will have upgraded stats.
Bryan98
AG
quote:
no upgrade for legendaries you already have. Going forward, the legendaries that launched with the game will be higher damage, so if you get them from engrams or RNG drops, they will have better stats than the ones you already have.

This could be misleading - the new legendary items are new items with new stats and different names, from what I've read. They aren't in any way the same items that launched with the game. I believe those items have all been removed from vendors, and probably loot tables. The only exception that I'm aware of is that if you are holding a pre-DLC engram or reward mail, those are locked in to pre-DLC items.
TexasAggie_02
AG
maybe i misread someone, i could have sworn i read a post on reddit that someone had gotten a weapon they already had, but it was better. I can't find the post now, so i can't verify it.

I just looked on the tower map on bungie.net, and the Future War Cult is selling the exact same armor they always have, so i'm assuming it is leveled up. The vanguard quartermaster does have different weapons now though.
AggieChemE09
AG
For the record. Xur will be selling upgrades to a few existing exotic weapons and gear. This is known as "Rexurbishing" an item.
Aggie_3
Replace your current gear with the new vangaurd gear
Thunder18
AG
Had fun on the new missions...strike is pretty freaking hard. Looking forward to the raid
GigEmAggies06
AG
I created to spoiler thread for The Dark Below with a few tips I picked up doing the raid. Enjoy. Spoiler thread
Saxsoon
AG
Jeez the second story mission with two lvl 29s at lvl 30 hard was not fun.
Tex117
AG
quote:
PS4 Destiny Players.

We are looking for 3 other members to join us for a completely Blind Run at the new raid on WED. at 530 pm. We need at least 29, 30 preferred. We wont be at it ALL night, but it will be a lengthy run. It will be pretty casual and fun.

Let me know if some of yall are interested.

(1) Tex117 (lvl 31 hunter, yeah, got some crazy lucky drops turning in the vanguard stuff and engrams today)
(2) Bee-Dav (lvl 30 Warlock)
(3) AggieBones (lvl 30 hunter)
(4) eyeguytex (lvl 29 Titan)
(5) redbaron788 (lvl 30 Hunter)
(6)

Alt 1: Marsuvees (just post when you know about your schedule.

We still have one more spot for tomorrow! Anybody want in?
Thunder18
AG
I enjoy everything being bumped to 30...was able to do the weekly and nightfall last night...actually had an easier time with nightfall because we knew what to expect and how to beat Omnigul
redbaron788
AG
quote:
quote:
PS4 Destiny Players.

We are looking for 3 other members to join us for a completely Blind Run at the new raid on WED. at 530 pm. We need at least 29, 30 preferred. We wont be at it ALL night, but it will be a lengthy run. It will be pretty casual and fun.

Let me know if some of yall are interested.

(1) Tex117 (lvl 31 hunter, yeah, got some crazy lucky drops turning in the vanguard stuff and engrams today)
(2) Bee-Dav (lvl 30 Warlock)
(3) AggieBones (lvl 30 hunter)
(4) eyeguytex (lvl 29 Titan)
(5) redbaron788 (lvl 30 Hunter)
(6)

Alt 1: Marsuvees (just post when you know about your schedule.

We still have one more spot for tomorrow! Anybody want in?

I think oilfieldaggie11 said he would be in
Saxsoon
AG
Jeez even the lvl 26 normal strike was pretty stupid difficult with all of the witch spawns and thralls with 2 lvl29s and and some random 27.

Going to tackle weekly and nightfall tonight with another buddy of someone is interested probably close to 6 or 6:30 central.
AggieChemE09
AG
The new strike is fun though! I like the design alot, with the cramped room with alot of adds everywhere.

I need to complete the weekly stuff but will be trying to run it with my buddy who is finishing his last final today, not sure when we will be knocking it out. Probably around 8-9pm
TexasAggie_02
AG
Protip: you don't have to finish the story missions to do the nightfall, only the party leader needs to unlock it. If you can find someone to get you through the nightfall first, then you will get more xp for the story missions.

I got gloves from the nightfall, that freed up my marks to go towards other new gear.
bearamedic99
AG
Last night, I tried the VoG Normal for the third time and for the third time, the party could not stay together after a few failures during the Atheon portion. One of these days, I want to kill Atheon.
Tex117
AG
quote:

He said he would be around yesterday and today, I hope that meant it was a commit!

Party invites will be sent out around 5:45 or so.

This will be fun.
Aggie_3
quote:
Last night, I tried the VoG Normal for the third time and for the third time, the party could not stay together after a few failures during the Atheon portion. One of these days, I want to kill Atheon.

Wait hold up you havent beatin atheon?!
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
So, I ended up with an early xmas gift of the expansion pass. I already have it. It's $35 plus tax online. If someone wants it for $30 through paypal, they can have a good deal on it. PS4
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
quote:

i helped a friend on monday that had never beaten atheon. He didn't see the loot drops listed in the bottom left, so he started asking people what they got.

He got chatterwhite and shards
another got a ship
another got chatterwhite and shards
most people got crap, then he asked me what I got

Me: "Universal Remote" (exotic primary shotgun).

**silence**

**Returning to Orbit....7....6....5...4....3...2...1...**

**silence**

Him: well...............thanks for the help everyone **leaves**
slickag2007
AG
I tried the first new story mission this morning. I'm at level 26 because I need to get a bunch of upgrade materials. That final boss in the first story mission was a little harder than I was expecting. I'm hesitant to try the 2nd mission for fear that I'm underleveled or what not.
AggieChemE09
AG
I made a post on reddit about how your level and your weapons ATK rating affects the damage you deal.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2owc9w/guardian_damage_comparison_spreadsheet/

My Observations:
  • A level 30 Guardian with a 300 ATK Weapon will do 81% more damage to lvl 30 enemy when compared to a level 29 Guardian with a 248 ATK Weapon
  • A level 30 Guardian with a 331 ATK Weapon will do 15% more damage to lvl 22+ enemy when compared to a level 30 Guardian with a 300 ATK Weapon
  • A level 31 Guardian with a 331 ATK Weapon will do 64% more damage to lvl 31 enemy when compared to a level 30 Guardian with a 300ATK Weapon
  • A level 31 Guardian with a 331 ATK Weapon will do 34% more damage to lvl 32 enemy when compared to a level 30 Guardian with a 300ATK Weapon

Here is one of the charts I made
slickag2007
AG
I've never even attempted the raid either.
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
quote:
quote:

He said he would be around yesterday and today, I hope that meant it was a commit!

Party invites will be sent out around 5:45 or so.

This will be fun.

I won't be on until 6-7 tonight
cr0wbar
AG
quote:
So, I ended up with an early xmas gift of the expansion pass. I already have it. It's $35 plus tax online. If someone wants it for $30 through paypal, they can have a good deal on it. PS4
GDIT EYE. I BOUGHT IT MONDAY
TheVarian
AG
quote:
quote:

You and me both brother
TheVarian
AG
quote:
I've never even attempted the raid either.

Same same
slickag2007
AG
I think that im gonna play some tonight if anyone wants to join. Slickg2007 on xbox live.
Tex117
AG
Thoughts on the new raid (no spoilers).

First, special thanks to Redbaron who put up with me, AggieBones, and Bee-Dav and a mid-raid destinylfg players swap. First two we picked up were not great, the second two, made it a great team.

Oilfield, eyetex, and crowbar, sorry we missed you guys. Eye, I was playing with all randoms when you jumped into chat, hence why nobody said anything. Sorry for that (more on that below).

We got through the raid all the way up to Crota, but it was getting late and some team members have lives and needed to sleep. Shame to see such a good team not clear it.

The raid is not nearly as confusing as the Vault. It is pretty much all staying alive and DPS. Sure there are some strategies, but I dont think there was anything close to the "WTF is happening!" moments like in the Vault.

Also, really, be 30...and/or 31. Purely for the staying alive and DPS factor. Its fairly easy to hit 30 now and with a little grind 31. Armor seems to not take as much xp to level up (but that could just be me).

Happy raiding Texags.
Thunder18
AG
We had a group of 30s running it last night but we couldnt beat the bridge...one run we got everyone across but the stupid annihilator totems wiped us.
jtbru8508
AG
I look forward to playing when I get back from this Louisiana wasteland that I'm in right now. Eye, have you sold that extra copy you have yet?
cr0wbar
AG
I like my post patch Red Death!
redbaron788
AG
Thanks for letting me tag along. I need to get up to 31 to be more help cause I felt like I was always dying at the worst moments, but at least I'm not plasmapancakes, right!?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.