*Spoilers* Dark Below/Crota's End thoughts/strats/etc.

3,726 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Aggie_3
GigEmAggies06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rather than littering the official Destiny thread with tons of potential spoilers for those that are trying to run the raid blind or are waiting to buy the DLC, I figured we could consolidate spoiler discussions within this thread. After a week or two it should be safe to bring discussions back to the official thread.

I took off work today to make sure to avoid spoilers and run the raid blind. My PUG made it all the way up to Crota, but were never able to get more than one cycle of damage on him. I picked up the raid gloves from the first loot drop. Overall, the mechanics seem simpler, but require much more coordination. Also, I see no way to cheese any of the encounters so that is nice.

With that said, protip #1, a chest spawns in the first area of the raid after you drop into the Hellmouth. It will be in one of the little rooms to the left of the main walkway. There are several rooms and it spawns randomly in one of them, but you can tell which room it's in because there will be a small orange light near the top of the door. It spawns the same sort of loot as the Gorgon chest, chance for exotic (one of my team picked up the new exotic rocket launcher, Dragon's Breath), radiant mats, or the raid class item.

Protip #2: I haven't personally tested this because I was on middle sync play duty for the Totem encounter, but my teammates said the Gatekeepers will not attack you if you stay in the Totem circle on the far side of the ravine.

Protip #3: The Red Death perk which regenerates your health on kill will work while under the influence of Presence of Crota (also according to a raid team member, my Red Death is not leveled).

bearamedic99
AG
For xbox, we have 3 missions culminating in the destruction of Crota's soul in the crystal, then the dark below strike?
bearamedic99
AG
So that, plus the rocket bike that can do stunts is our DLC?
Aggie_3
Yep thats why ps4 is better
Saxsoon
AG
Whoooo a Sekrion skin.

This is why I never typically buy DLC. Literally every story mission and even the strike was taking the same path we have done before (maybe in reverse!) and then unlock one new area to lead to the boss. It was just so damn insulting. The Raid better be damn good.

I know I will get Destiny 2 no matter what because never have I poured so much into a fun game (yes it is fun with flaws) but this DLC bothered me.
AggieStout
AG
Yeah me too, i was was hoping for a whole new planet
bearamedic99
AG
we should spam their Facebook page and forums with the demand for a new planet though I'm guessing it will be stuff in the Reef.
Aggie_3
Bungie is like comcast they dont listen to the customers and basically say **** you
Saxsoon
AG
I don't get the comcast hate, I have had nothing but great service from them
Aggie_3
quote:
I don't get the comcast hate, I have had nothing but great service from them

Your the only one
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.