*****OFFICIAL DESTINY XB-1 THREAD*****

356,110 Views | 3140 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by LPHA
redbaron788
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
We'll still probably run it because of the chance for exotics though so if you'd like to join us for that let me know
What night(s) do you guys usually run? I'm down for a raid, especially on the weekend.

Tuesdays are typically nightfall, then vault if time and interest are available

Any other weeknight it's pretty much a crap shoot

Weekends are good but this Saturday night may be tough for me, I'm going back to see the implosion. But Friday or Sunday night there should be a few wanting to run
TheVarian
AG
quote:
I'm just trying to figure out if I want to keep investing this time without knowing if Bungie has a real future plan for the game. Is it two DLC's and that's it?

Sitting at 27 now, still just grinding rep to try and get to rank 3 with Van/Cru.

Does anyone in here run daily strike's pretty regularly around lvl 24-26 right now, and around 9pm-1am? I see some of you guys on, but I don't know how many of you guys are on and grinding for rep and mats and how many are prepping to raid.
I am in the same boat. I'm pretty much free all weekends and nights after 6 if you want to tackle some strikes and a raid. I have a 28 warlock and 27 Titan I'd like to improve

Saxsoon
AG
Some PS4 guys want to tackle the weekly and the nightfall around 4:30 Pacific?

Saxsoon
AggieChemE09
AG
I would never run strikes with anyone that uses Pacific Time.

I also don't have Destiny on the PS4.
AggieChemE09
AG
I would never run strikes with anyone that uses Pacific Time.

I also don't have Destiny on the PS4.
Javelina
AG
I'd like to link up with some folks on PS4 that don't mind that I've only had the game a couple of days.

JavelinaAg
avidhunter
Add me and feel free to pop into my games. Down to run just about whatever on PS4

TheStigMG84
bearamedic99
AG
Avid, which platform?
avidhunter
I added PS4 above. Knew I forgot something
slickag2007
AG
I finally got to run Vault of Glass for the first time last night. It took us a while to finish especially since several points got glitchy. But I ended up with the raid Boots and Gloves as well as Vision Of Confluence and the Glass Minuet ship. Seems like I got pretty lucky though. I doubt my next run I'll get anything nearly as good.
Saxsoon
AG
That is pretty amazing for a first run. Mine got me Glass Minuet, Atheon Epilogue, and the Raid Chest.
TexasAggie_02
AG
holy crap, you did get lucky
slickag2007
AG
Does anyone know how much light you need to get up to level 30? I think once I get my new raid armor pieces upgraded I'll be at 127 light.
dcaggie04
AG
120 light = 30 level
add 12 light for each level
Saxsoon
AG
I wouldn't bother with upgrading the old raid pieces since they are outclassed by vendor gear.
slickag2007
AG
No point at all? Don't you have to have one of those commendations for each piece you want to buy? So I would have to level my vanguard up 3 times?
Saxsoon
AG
You only need vanguard/crucible commendations for a chest and helmet piece. You do not need commendations for your gloves or boots. Go get the vendor glove and boots instead.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
No point at all? Don't you have to have one of those commendations for each piece you want to buy? So I would have to level my vanguard up 3 times?
twice

if you do the urn quest (you get it after completing the DLC missions) you will be rewarded with gloves. So you need to buy boots and a chest piece from the vendors, and an exotic helmet from xur.

if you have crucible marks saved up, you can level up your crucible rank, or a faction rank. If you have the marks, then you can level up your faction by equipping their item and doing vanguard bounties./patrol/strike playlist. If you don't have the marks, then just play crucible. or just level your vanguard up twice.

If you have multiple characters, they each have their own vanguard level, so if the other character is close to leveling up, you can get the commendation and buy the armor with it, or put the commendation in the vault.

EDIT: forgot that you don't need them for gloves and boots. I would just buy boots (not gloves, see reason above), and level up once to get the chest piece. then get helmet from xur
slickag2007
AG
I have an exotic helmet already from Xur. So I assume that when possible, I should upgrade it with Xur in order to get the better version?
Saxsoon
AG
Yep! What helmet is it?
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
I have an exotic helmet already from Xur. So I assume that when possible, I should upgrade it with Xur in order to get the better version?
you can do that, or you can gamble with an exotic engram (that's what i did).

Exotic engrams are bought with motes of light, which are really only taken by xur, the speaker, and iron banner upgrades. I had 69 motes of light last week, so i took a chance and bought 2 exotic engrams. 1 was the helmet i already had (but with new defense stats) and the other was a titan helmet). I broke down the titan helmet, and my old helmet, giving me 2 exotic shards.

The problem with leveling up your old one through xur is that it costs 7 strange coins (1 exotic shard) and glimmer to upgrade it. Then another 7 SC (1 exotic shard) to finish it off. So, if you don't have any shards to being with, you are spending 14 Strange coins, and 7,000 glimmer. I took a gamble with motes of light, b/c i never use them and came out on top. I got the same helmet, and 2 shards out of the deal. That left me with all my strange coins to buy other new gear that i didn't already have.
AggieChemE09
AG
TexasAggie_02 - I literally had the same amount of motes of light, purchased two helmet engrams, got a helmet I already had (apothecary Veil) and a titan helm.

Get out of my head.

Bryan98
AG
quote:
That is pretty amazing for a first run. Mine got me Glass Minuet, Atheon Epilogue, and the Raid Chest.

I NEVER got Atheon's Epilogue, despite probably a couple dozen VoG clears across two characters.
Saxsoon
AG
I still use Atheon's almost exclusively right now. Thing is a freaking laser and amazing against mobs and let my buddies play clean up crew. The thing is a beast. And don't get me started on shielded praetorians
TexasAggie_02
AG
slickag,

you need 132 light to get to level 31. So you can level up one piece of VOG gear, and then buy/upgrade your other slots to get exactly 132. If you put new gear in all the slots, you will have 135 light.
slickag2007
AG
I have Apotheosis Veil. I took a gamble on a helmet exotic engram from Xur a while ago, and happened to get it. Seems to work for me. I like that melee hits reduce the cooldown on my grenades.
AggieChemE09
AG
One thing to keep in mind when gearing up for Crota's End...... Strength is not a bad thing.

Unlike the VoG, where you never really want to get in melee range, EVER. In Crota's End, there are endless times, in all parts of the raid, where having your melee power up would be great.
TexasAggie_02
AG
so if you put new armor in all the other slots, you would be a 30 until you get the Apothesis Veil upgraded. i think you would then drop to a 29 until you got the first few slots upgraded.

i would say, load up on 10 bounties thursday, and don't turn them in. If Xur has your upgrade on friday, then you can buy it, then turn in those 10 bounties. Then you can do more bounties (3-4 from eris, 5 vanguard, 5 crucible, and 5 iron banner). You could get about 19 bounties per day this weekend if you really wanted. If you have the nightfall done before you turn them in, you'll get the 25% boost. Wouldn't take too long to level it up.
Tex117
AG
quote:
I finally got to run Vault of Glass for the first time last night. It took us a while to finish especially since several points got glitchy. But I ended up with the raid Boots and Gloves as well as Vision Of Confluence and the Glass Minuet ship. Seems like I got pretty lucky though. I doubt my next run I'll get anything nearly as good.

You were blessed man. I ran that thing over 10 times with my main. (about 16 or so with alts), And I only received ONE armor drop for my main, and that was so close to dlc, I didnt bother upgrading. Never received a full set for any of them.

Speaking of drops, I think Crota's end has ALOT better drop rate. Bungie said they improved it. I think they took the position of basically giving you the armor, and make you grind the materials found only in the raid. Im okay with that. Also, I highly recommend the Black Hammer sniper rifle (drop from the raid). 3 percision shots and it automatially refills you mag. Mag only holds three. Hits as hard as icebreaker. High risk, high reward.

Would any PS4 aggies care to try for a Flawless run on the Vault of Glass some time?
AggieStout
AG
ran crota last night in an hour. Cheesed the bridge crossing and then a guy in our group alerted us to the new cheese for crota. It was glorious. Videos all over youtube right now about it. Get it in before they patch it. Long story short the host jumps out to the xbox or PS4 dashboard screen right when crota goes to a knee. When he does this crota stays kneeling the whole time. then the guy who left joins comes back in and you just have to worry about getting the sword and go to town on crota
Thunder18
AG
We shouldve beat Crota last night but 2 annoying random yankee kids quit out when we had to wipe a few times during "good" runs...fricking pansies
AggieChemE09
AG
We ran most of CE yesterday. However, we could not finish off Crota since it was my first time as sword dude and everyone elses first time in the raid period. Gonna be reading up more on the fight so see if we were doing anything wrong.

I did get Raid Arms and Legs though. So if I get either the helmet or the chest I will be 32!
Bryan98
AG
quote:
I did get Raid Arms and Legs though. So if I get either the helmet or the chest I will be 32!

It's cool. I'm happy with the Radiant Energy and Shards I got. :'(
htownag08
AG
I'm a little confused on the best way to utilize Xur now. I've done VoG twice now, but have yet to get any weapons, Ive only gotten armor, which looks like it doesn't really matter now since the light only goes to 30. Right now I have -

Helm - exodus cover (light can go to 27)
Gloves - young ahamkaras spine [exotic] (light can go to 30)
Chest - grave breaker 1.3 (light can go to 33)
Boots - grave breaker 1.3 (light can go to 33)

So do I need to get gloves from vanguard to get them to 33 light, and then helm from Xur? I just need a few marks to be able to buy a helm from the vanguard which could get that to 33 - I just didn't know if it was best to do that or keep trying for a Xur exotic helm.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Htown, your next thing to change should be your helm and get an exotic from Xur, if possible. Much easier to get 33light gloves than 33 light helmet.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.