*****OFFICIAL DESTINY XB-1 THREAD*****

357,221 Views | 3140 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by LPHA
Saxsoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll allow it
cr0wbar
AG
is this the appropriate time to post "6 of one, half dozen of the other?"
bearamedic99
AG
Just to make sure I understand; I have the exotic auto rifle Hard Light and have been grinding away at leveling it up. If I rexurbish it to allow a higher damage level, it resets everything I have upgraded so far?
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
Just to make sure I understand; I have the exotic auto rifle Hard Light and have been grinding away at leveling it up. If I rexurbish it to allow a higher damage level, it resets everything I have upgraded so far?
yes, but the rexurbished one will start at 300 attack (which was the old max). So you lose the perks that were unlocked, but you don't lose any damage.
Tex117
AG
quote:

Yup. But it does start you off at a higher attack right off the bat. Of course for hard light, without the stability perks, the gun is damn near useless.

So, what did everyone purchase on Xur-day?

For me:
Achlyo****e Symbiote (IMO, best helm for a gunslinger hunter)...because I have the old one and like it.
Ruin Wings (IMO, one of the best exotics for a titan....with the heavy ammo drops...it really does become a tank)

Upgrades:
Icrebreaker...because...your damn right icebreaker. IMO the most essential exotic in the game for pve with the most uses. G-horn is a close second, but is more situational IMO.

The Last Word. Its a fun gun to mess around with.

Thorn upgrade. Im not running that bounty again.

Suros upgrade...well...just because I guess.
Thunder18
AG
quote:
quote:
yes, but the rexurbished one will start at 300 attack (which was the old max). So you lose the perks that were unlocked, but you don't lose any damage.

Thank God...I was under the impression that the rexurbished exotics reset back to base stats and then you really had to grind to get them fully upgraded
Saxsoon
AG
Ice Breaker literally breaks the game. It changes how you play it. The only strike it is pretty much useless on is the new strike against the witch since the entire thing is close quarters.

Had a chance to play the Undying Mind. Yeah it was a Sekrion Clone but it was pretty difficult because there weren't areas (that I know of) to get a good sniper's perch. Also having three rotating shields kept the window to shoot much smaller as well. Also, I don't think I have ever seen so many yellow enemies. Was playing on Strike Roc when it rotated in and I was stunned that almost every enemy was yellow.
bearamedic99
AG
http://www.polygon.com/2014/12/12/7385405/destiny-the-dark-below-raid-bridge-solo-loot-video
Aggie_3
Well now im gonna have to spend alot of time leveling my warlock
slickag2007
AG
I need to spend some time farming materials in order to level up my weapons and armor. I need a ton of spirit bloom and spinmetal. I think I can get close to 30 with all my stuff leveled up.
Saxsoon
AG
Just farm strikes and crucible matches. Probably more cost effective and a lot more engaging.
redbaron788
AG
I still need to run the nightfall on my warlock if anyone on ps4 would like to help
Saxsoon
AG
I need to get to thirty before I can be much help.
redbaron788
AG
My warlock is still 29 too but if you've got good arc weapons* I could use the help. It's impossible for me to solo
TexasAggie_02
AG
played the Crota raid yesterday with a team of 31's. We all went in blind, took us 8.5 hrs. Nearly 4 of those hrs were on the final 2 checkpoints. Once we got the mechanics ironed out and set roles for everyone, it went pretty smooth.

I got a legendary rocket launcher called "Hunger of Crota" It has enemy tracking and cluster bombs. I can't wait to get it leveled up. Looks like it may be a mini Glljarhorn, without taking up an exotic slot.

Advice: You need ice breakers or Glljarhorn/Truth at the end. Also, you get a emblem for beating it, but it is glitched. You MUST make sure that you have an empty emblem slot before you go in, or you will not get the emblem. It will not send to the postmaster like items from VOG did.
bearamedic99
AG
Well put http://www.polygon.com/2014/12/15/7393695/destiny-dark-below-punishing-hardcore
AggieChemE09
AG
I actually agree on pretty much every point.
Aggie_3
Completely agree! But its bungie so theyll just say **** you
Thunder18
AG
Nailed it...had to grind like a mofo this wknd to upgrade my exotic helm and icebreaker...couldnt afford to upgrade red death, suros or the last word
Saxsoon
AG
yeah, I am a little disturbed by what Bungie did here. I am definitely not playing as much (finished Dragon Age, started Evil Within) and just don't have the time to grind out like I used to. I do want to get to lvl 31 for the raid, but it is going to take me awhile.
jtbru8508
AG
That article is pretty much spot on.
redbaron788
AG
Watched a video earlier where a group cleared Crota in 30:02, it was crazy
AggieStout
AG
Anyone on here on play on the 360? I havent gone next gen yet
Admiral AGbar
AG
quote:
played the Crota raid yesterday with a team of 31's. We all went in blind, took us 8.5 hrs. Nearly 4 of those hrs were on the final 2 checkpoints. Once we got the mechanics ironed out and set roles for everyone, it went pretty smooth.

I got a legendary rocket launcher called "Hunger of Crota" It has enemy tracking and cluster bombs. I can't wait to get it leveled up. Looks like it may be a mini Glljarhorn, without taking up an exotic slot.

Advice: You need ice breakers or Glljarhorn/Truth at the end. Also, you get a emblem for beating it, but it is glitched. You MUST make sure that you have an empty emblem slot before you go in, or you will not get the emblem. It will not send to the postmaster like items from VOG did.
Awesome that you were able to get a group that was able to finish it going in completely blind. Me and 2 buddies are doing this on Wednesday morning. Hopefully we can find 3 other people that have somehow managed to not read any spoilers.
Bigsteve713
AG
How the hell am I supposed to get legendary armor and weapons in this game?

I do raids and bounties and all that, but I never get any purple drops or anything. Is my only option to ground out strange coins and motes of light and buy them from vendors?

Don't even get me started on engrams
bearamedic99
AG
quote:

I do raids and bounties and all that, but I never get any purple drops or anything. Is my only option to ground out strange coins and motes of light and buy them from vendors?

Pretty much (more coins than motes; I think only the speaker sells for motes). Rank up to level 3 as vanguard and in crucible and spend those marks. I once got a yellow auto rifle as a random crucible drop.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:

you only need strange coins and motes to get exotic gear from xur.

you can buy legendary gear from the vanguard and factions. if you do a lot of patrol missions, you can get 100 marks per week (you can carry up to 200). Assuming that you haven't been spending your marks, you may have 100-200 on hand right now, so you can buy some armor right away. I would not buy gloves, as the Urn quest from Eris will give you gloves. You will need a commendation (just level up your vanguard again to get a commendation) to buy a chest piece or helmet (and i suggest getting an exotic helmet from Xur if you can).

if you have no legendary gear, you could realistically get 3 pieces in two weeks (maybe faster if you get lucky and get an engram or a drop from a strike).
Saxsoon
AG
I have gotten about 3 purple engrams this week which is more than my entire 3 month time of playing Destiny (over 100 hours). Also nightfall seems to be pretty good to me and I can either get an exotic or legendary. Now if it is something I need is another issue all together.
TelcoAg
AG
I'm just trying to figure out if I want to keep investing this time without knowing if Bungie has a real future plan for the game. Is it two DLC's and that's it?

Sitting at 27 now, still just grinding rep to try and get to rank 3 with Van/Cru.

Does anyone in here run daily strike's pretty regularly around lvl 24-26 right now, and around 9pm-1am? I see some of you guys on, but I don't know how many of you guys are on and grinding for rep and mats and how many are prepping to raid.
Tex117
AG
That polygon article is dead on.

Throughly enjoyed the raid going blind, but I just don't see the point in grinding it over and over for the next few months to have House of Wolves reset everything.

I mean, I enjoy nightfall with buddies and may do an occasional raid for fun, but I need a break.

Yes, I grinded 3 characters to 31 in a week with well over 100k in glimmer and I am real salty right now.

Need to play dragon age for awhile.
Saxsoon
AG
There is no point to the raid gear because there is no other avenue to get radiant materials. That is an insanely stupid design decision that is going to burn people out. I have only done the raid (VoG) a handful of times (3 or 4) but I didn't need to go in to get shards. Crota is going to be a 2 or 3 time at most for me, but I won't bother with the raid armor there. It is just going to be outclassed in House of Wolves with Vendor Gear.
redbaron788
AG
quote:
I'm just trying to figure out if I want to keep investing this time without knowing if Bungie has a real future plan for the game. Is it two DLC's and that's it?

Sitting at 27 now, still just grinding rep to try and get to rank 3 with Van/Cru.

Does anyone in here run daily strike's pretty regularly around lvl 24-26 right now, and around 9pm-1am? I see some of you guys on, but I don't know how many of you guys are on and grinding for rep and mats and how many are prepping to raid.
I was gonna say we need to get you doing the Vault buuut... the loot is pretty much worthless now except for ascendant materials.

We'll still probably run it because of the chance for exotics though so if you'd like to join us for that let me know

*Also, they did the new gear stuff backwards. They should have changed vendor gear to 30 light, new Vault gear drops to 33 light, and kept Crota gear drops at 36. That way people still have a need to run the Vault
Aggie_3
quote:
quote:

I was gonna say we need to get you doing the Vault buuut... the loot is pretty much worthless now except for ascendant materials.

We'll still probably run it because of the chance for exotics though so if you'd like to join us for that let me know

*Also, they did the new gear stuff backwards. They should have changed vendor gear to 30 light, new Vault gear drops to 33 light, and kept Crota gear drops at 36. That way people still have a need to run the Vault

Bingo
TelcoAg
AG
quote:
What night(s) do you guys usually run? I'm down for a raid, especially on the weekend.
Tex117
AG
quote:

Coming from someone who ran the raid well over 15 times across 3 different characters, I never got a full raid set on any of them. Hell, 10 or so of those times were with my main and that guy only got ONE raid armor drop. So, that is to say, this is an awful idea unless they changed the drop rate.

Besides, people will still run the vault for shards.

I do kind of like that it seems they are taking the "give them the gear, but make them grind the materials from the raid" mentality. This puts people on more of an even playing field. Some people ran the raid on VoG just a handfull of times and got everything they needed. Some of us the formerly #forever29 ran it over and over and got nothing. At least now, you will make progress everytime you run the raid...Either through armor drops, shreddring armor for materials, or just materials.

But again, House of Wolves will likely make all of this irrelevant anyway, so if you don't feel like doing it this go around, pick up the next DLC.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.