*****OFFICIAL DESTINY XB-1 THREAD*****

357,173 Views | 3140 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by LPHA
AggieChemE09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can't under estimate the value of a maxed out VoC or AEp either!!! You may have a brand new shiny legendary, but those oracles require a special touch.
Tex117
AG
https://twitter.com/bungie
Hard Mode is dropping for Crota's End next Weds. the 21st.
AggieChemE09
AG
My body is ready
Thunder18
AG
Hard mode is going to be rough, but worth the rewards (hopefully)
Bryan98
AG
Damn. I have the gear, but not the shards. I've been kind of casual about CE.
TheVarian
AG
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://tosh.cc.com/blog/files/2014/04/freedombonerthumb.png&imgrefurl=http://tosh.cc.com/blog/2014/04/17/yes-i-just-discovered-the-freedom-boner&h=250&w=250&tbnid=Q1mqNk7rJIyCCM:&zoom=1&docid=8IKQ33B9W4lKqM&hl=en&ei=BJa4VL0Hj-SwBOb8gDg&tbm=isch&client=safari&ved=0CDAQMygLMAs

we comin for you Crota

Edit 2: damn you Steve jobs apparatus
Raggy09
AG
Xur is selling ice breaker and obsidian helm this weekend. I know there's more, but these are the two I care about.
howdydamnit04
AG
Yeah... Anyone who doesn't have it should make buying the Ice Breaker their number one priority. Probably the most handy gun to have in the game.
Thunder18
AG
quote:
Xur is selling ice breaker and obsidian helm this weekend. I know there's more, but these are the two I care about.

Im definitely buying the helmet
TheVarian
AG
http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2sm2wo/xur_megathread_11615_11815/
AggieKatie2
AG
This is what frustrates me about the game. I told you guys about the Good Advice bounty yesterday, and then last night I get the other exotic machine gun after the weekly. No exotics for months and then they double me up on the same type weapon in the same day.

IntercooledAggie
So upset I wasted my coins last week. With no alts there's no way I can get enough for icebreaker before Sunday.
jarAGGIE05
AG
quote:
Yeah... Anyone who doesn't have it should make buying the Ice Breaker their number one priority. Probably the most handy gun to have in the game.
True statement. In fact, it's so useful that I plan to buy a 3rd one even though I have two so I can have one on each of my characters. It is easily the weapon I most often have to switch over, via the vault, from character to character
bearamedic99
AG
I have 65 strange coins but not enough glimmer to upgrade my older exotics. Awesome, right?
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
I have 65 strange coins but not enough glimmer to upgrade my older exotics. Awesome, right?
exclusion zone. in less than an hr, you can be at 25k
jarAGGIE05
AG
quote:
You can farm glimmer on the Mars mission, exclusion zone. Have a couple resupply codes before you start the mission. Near the beginning, when the big door opens run past all of the red health enemies. Yellow health bar enemies will drop, use Super to kill as many as you can, mop up the rest then run back to the red health guys to let them kill you. Rinse and repeat. Your super ought to recharge for every run. If not, maybe equip gear that recharges super energy faster.

It'll keep giving you codes for the extra glimmer, just make sure it's always active. Also you'll acquire a bunch of Network Keys over the course of the farming run. In about 30 or 40 minutes, I was about to get myself 20,000+ glimmer. If I had popped another code, I could have maxed it out.
Tex117
AG
AggieKatie,
If you got Thunderlord, you got the best machine gun in the game. Its is widely regarded as far superior than super good advice.

quote:
So upset I wasted my coins last week. With no alts there's no way I can get enough for icebreaker before Sunday.
I would highly consider starting an Alt of the same class, grinding to 20, switching your high level gear over, run the weekly again and have enough coins.

Yes, it will take about 8 hours, but man, I tell you. This is IMO the most important exotic in the game. This gun will change the way you play and make your life easier. Ghorn can make things quicker as is flashy, but Icebreaker will never be put in the vault once you have it.
Thunder18
AG
Thunderlord is super badass...so is the raid MG Song of Ir Yt
AggieKatie2
AG
48 hours ago I had zero exotic weapons...now I have 3.

Super Good Advice
Thunderlord
Ice Breaker

and maxed out my Up For Anything

I'm a few shards from being a 31
htownag08
AG
Damn the one weekend I can't get on. I have the coins and all too. Bummer.
IntercooledAggie
Haha Ya just decided to pull the trigger on my alt and get it done. Can't let this get by.
Tex117
AG
quote:
Haha Ya just decided to pull the trigger on my alt and get it done. Can't let this get by.
You wont regret it.

There are only two weapons in the game worth this amount of grind. Ghorn and Icebreaker.
bearamedic99
AG
I did this for a while at level 26 (at is there more yellow at at lvl 30?) and got tired of the grind. I'll do it at at gain after work tomorrow. Thanks.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
I did this for a while at level 26 (at is there more yellow at at lvl 30?) and got tired of the grind. I'll do it at at gain after work tomorrow. Thanks.
i set the difficulty to the 1st "hard" mode. I think its 19 or so. makes it easier to kill them. you run right past the first drop ship full of red. head to the left out the door. super the first group of yellows, and rocket (or whatever) the second group. The whole process should take 1-1.5 mins. If you have 2 ppl, you could take out both groups simultaneously.

the key is ignoring the reds. yes, you will get glimmer for killing them. That will give you more glimmer per try, but not more glimmer per minute. going straight to the yellows and then dying gives you way more glimmer per minute, and makes the best use of your resupply codes.
AggieChemE09
AG
Tbh, I would love to get duplicate exotic bounties at the same time. Complete both, shard on of the weapons, saves you effort later getting a exotic shard (which I wouldn't waste on SGA anyways!)
Raggy09
AG
GAH. I got a husk of the pit, but I need an embalming core which requires crotas bane 3. Wish she had more bounties.
LPHA
AG
Did the nightfall for the first time last night and got nothing but energy. I still need a bunch more so I'm not too upset. It's such a departure from how my group usually goes into battle. Slowing down and thinking before running headfirst into a firefight was the only way we were able to finish.

I also went from having no exotic weapons this time last week, to having 3. Bad Juju, Gjallarhorn, and Ice Breaker. Plus Xur had Obsidian Mind for sale. Good week
AggieChemE09
AG
If those are all you have. You are off to a fantastic start!
caveman-economist
AG
WeWeekly heroic strike anyone?
Message me:
cave economist
htownag08
AG
Anyone want to help my poor soul run VoG tomorrow (Monday) evening? Never got it done before being gone all week.
TheVarian
AG
quote:
Anyone want to help my poor soul run VoG tomorrow (Monday) evening? Never got it done before being gone all week.

Let me get my second character leveled up and I'll help knock it out with ya
howdydamnit04
AG
Yesterday was officially Lootapoloza for me. I ran Nightfall and the 30 weekly on all 3 characters and then CE and VOG once each. I bought 2 more Ice Breakers so each of my characters would have one, an Obsidan Mind, a Glasshouse, had an Armamenterium drop, and 2 Gjallahorns drop (already had 1, then got 1 in Nightfall and Aethon dropped the other).
tamusc
howdydamnit04
AG
You must be sad because you thought the one Atheon dropped was only 300 and I had to spend glimmer and a shard on it. Cheer up, it was 331.
tamusc
AG
Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking. I was just happy to get Hunger of Crota last night and was able to grind out he coins in time to finally buy Ice Breaker.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.