*****OFFICIAL DESTINY XB-1 THREAD*****

357,175 Views | 3140 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by LPHA
spieg12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If you wait behind the door for about 20-30 seconds, everything despawns and you can go out again.
Bryan98
AG
quote:
If you wait behind the door for about 20-30 seconds, everything despawns and you can go out again.

I saw that in a video about the cheese method, too - you stay in the room the's before the Shrieker room and snipe from there. When Wizards fly into the Shrieker room, you sidestep into the corner of the room you've been shooting from. You're safe from their blasts, and after 10 or 15 seconds they despawn and you can go back to sniping.
Aggie_3
quote:
Looking to Raid on PS4 Friday night 11pm Pacific. We have 4 already planning on it just need a couple more. "SWELLVERMIN"

Im down
kyletxag
AG
PSN: TXPUNSLINGER

(PS4)

A little late to show up (current gen console holdout) but I'm here to party!
Thunder18
AG
quote:
quote:

I saw that in a video about the cheese method, too - you stay in the room the's before the Shrieker room and snipe from there. When Wizards fly into the Shrieker room, you sidestep into the corner of the room you've been shooting from. You're safe from their blasts, and after 10 or 15 seconds they despawn and you can go back to sniping.

Interesting...the reason we never go back that far is because the very first time we ran that on heroic as a weekly strike we got kicked back to orbit. Now I know how far back we can go so good deal
bearamedic99
AG
I'm looking for some XB1 people to help me through my first raid on normal this Saturday around 4:30pm (Central) or later and maybe more. I'm a lvl 27 hunter with the exotic ****e helm. Thanks!

edit- XBL ID superrufus99
Bryan98
AG
quote:
I'm looking for some XB1 people to help me through my first raid on normal this Saturday around 4:30pm (Central) or later and maybe more. I'm a lvl 27 hunter with the exotic ****e helm. Thanks!

I already have a full raid group for tonight, and can't raid during the day (kids), but add Fedaykin98 if you haven't already.

That goes for any friendly people on XB1. I try to have a big friends list for times when I discover I need someone to fill a group at the last minute.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
Looking to Raid on PS4 Friday night 11pm Pacific. We have 4 already planning on it just need a couple more. "SWELLVERMIN"
I am game, running a warlock, can either be a sunbro or a voidbro
Kampfers
AG
quote:

I would help but I'm busy chaperoning a school activity Saturday and then I'll be at an FCD game. I'll help you out on Sunday if you still haven't gotten through, though.
bearamedic99
AG
how long does the raid normally take?
bearamedic99
AG
Kampfers- I sadly work Fridays, Sundays, and Mondays.
Bryan98
AG
quote:
how long does the raid normally take?

For an experienced group of pros, less than an hour.

For a bunch of new people / majority new people, maybe 4 or 5 hours, depending on their performance.

Kampfers - I was under the impression you were on PS4 for some reason.
Kampfers
AG
quote:
Kampfers- I sadly work Fridays, Sundays, and Mondays.
Ah, well, that will make it difficult if you don't get it finished on Saturday to get it done before the reset.

quote:
Kampfers - I was under the impression you were on PS4 for some reason.

Nope. Usually on, play Destiny a lot with Mike, Donde, CRM, Vitas, Jatt, Phelan, and MightyMidget. Probably one or two others I forgot to mention. We've got a pretty substantial XB1 crew though, there are a number of people on my friends list I haven't played with and I haven't even been gotten around to adding a lot of the newer gamertags.
Aggie_3
Anyone on ps4 up for raid tonight?
Beezy2389
AG
Aggie_3, if you're still up I am, I haven't done a raid yet though

PSN:
Beezy2389
Saxsoon
AG
Swellvermin, I might need to pass tomorrow on the raid. It is going to be a long day tomorrow flying back home tomorrow. It will be late then.
Bryan98
AG
Tonight I led a group of 4 Ags and strangely enough, two onetime A&M attendees, through Vault of Glass. Two of us had cleared it once and one other had cleared through Templar. The other three were new to raiding.

We cleared it all in three hours, which I think was pretty decent for a half-new group. And all three items I'm pining for dropped: Raid boots, Vision of Confluence, and Aetheon's Epilogue.

They all dropped for the new guys, one each. The only gear of any kind I got was the disco ball Warlock bond. Oh well.

Time to level a second Warlock.
Saxsoon
AG
So what is in the chests? Can you get gear or is gear only reserved for clearing the raid?
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
So what is in the chests? Can you get gear or is gear only reserved for clearing the raid?
i've only ever gotten ascendant materials and exotic weapons from the chests. I've gotten raid weapons, armor, ships, and shaders from the checkpoints.
Bryan98
AG
quote:

Not sure, I've never seen this question before so I haven't paid attention.

I know for sure that last night someone got an exotic machine gun from a chest, and I got my disco Warlock bond from a chest.

This week Xur brought chestpieces for every class:

Titan - The Armamentarium (same as last week)
Hunter - Crest of Alpha Lupi
Warlock - Voidfang Vestments

Weapon - Suros Regime

Engram - Gloves

I personally wouldn't buy any of those unless you already have an exotic helm or you're swimming in coins. Exotic helms are the best use of your one exotic armor allowance, as we've probably beaten to death here.

That said, I'm considering getting both the Voidfang Vestments (spawn with full grenade energy, two grenades if you're a Sunsinger) and the Suros Regime (supposedly the best auto-rifle for PvP).

The really hard part about considering the Suros Regime is that I really love having Gjallarhorn equipped as much as possible. It already has to take a backseat to Icebreaker sometimes. I'm gonna have to think about this.
Kampfers
AG
quote:
Sickkkkk. Easily the best looking Hunter armor. It will be my default chest when/if I finally get the raid helm and want to play Bladedancer.
Bryan98
AG
quote:
quote:
Sickkkkk. Easily the best looking Hunter armor. It will be my default chest when/if I finally get the raid helm and want to play Bladedancer.

Are you running Hard VoG?
herb96
AG
xb1 guys want to try hard mode Sunday night?
Aggie_3
quote:
Aggie_3, if you're still up I am, I haven't done a raid yet though

PSN:
Beezy2389

Add me aggie21251 on ps4 i was already off the
boogieman
AG
I'm on PS4. I'm still at LVL 25 (Titan) but I'm always down to help on daily or weekly strikes. Hoping to level up to be able to do the raid.

PSN: boogieman187
Bryan98
AG
quote:

Is this a regular group y'all had, or a general invitation?
howdydamnit04
AG
quote:

I should be on. MightyMidget04
Kampfers
AG
quote:
If we have a few level 30s, then sure. If you've leveled your gear up, that's one. Don't know if anyone else is 30 yet.
Krussian09
AG
quote:
I'm up for it. I'm sure I can Sniper to join to since he got all of his raid gear in one run this week.
AggieChemE09
AG
quote:
quote:
If we have a few level 30s, then sure. If you've leveled your gear up, that's one. Don't know if anyone else is 30 yet.
This.

Im absolutely on board, but we need atleast 2 lvl 30's to really have a chance.
kill0509
AG
Any PS4 folks wanna raid tonight? I'll be on later. Gotta head to Palestine to meet the folks for a birthday dinner but I should be online once I get back in town.
Bones08
AG
Hey just discovered this thread. I'm up for a raid tonight or sometime this weekend.

PS4 - AggieBones

Edit: Level 28 hunter. I've only completed the raid up to The Gatekeepers, bad luck with random groups falling apart around that time.
hot dog
AG
Tex117
AG
Anybody raiding on Ps4 today?

Level 28 hunter, atheon's epilogue upgraded to the oracle perk.

Let me know what time your thinking, and send me an invite! Tex117
kill0509
AG
Bones and Tex, i'll add y'all once I jump on in a bit. We were up til 3 AM last night running VoG and actually could have used a couple of other guys. We ended up having 2 guys run it with us who had already done it this week so that a few of us could get the loot for our characters. We should have enough guys now to run a couple of fireteams through the VoG.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.