*****OFFICIAL DESTINY XB-1 THREAD*****

357,535 Views | 3140 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by LPHA
SF2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
add me ps4 - wheatables02

Already on my list brah... FecalFighter04

I am lvl 21 and just want to progress up the strike playlist. I would love to get o the end game raid, but looks unattainable for me.
herb96
AG
Got the raid chest, arm and leg gear, all from last nights raid. I'm back down to lv. 25 with it on though/
AggieChemE09
AG
quote:
Got the raid chest, arm and leg gear, all from last nights raid. I'm back down to lv. 25 with it on though/
I.....HATE YOU........I did VoG yesterday and got 18 shards and chatterwhite.....and that's it!

must be nice to be only shards and xp away from lvl 30!!!
Bryan98
AG
Bco: Every day, do one Public Event (get a timer app if you dont have one), the Daily Heroic Mission if you're high enough level, and then do the appropriate level Strikes until your eyes bleed. Your goal right now is twofold:

1. Get all level 20 rare gear with the most Light on it possible, since that's the stat that levels you. Ignore all other stats. Also note that the gear gives more light as you level it up, so make sure you're not discarding a piece that has the potential to be better than what you have.

2. Get Vanguard rep and Marks! You will eventually use this to buy legendary armor, and after that, you may buy a weapon. You need rep level 2 to buy the armor. Choose carefully! You will most likely be buying chest, gloves, and boots. Not helm!

Once you are geared enough for the Weekly Heroic Strike, you need some friends to run that with. Add everyone from the PS4 list to your friends list. The weekly heroic strike gives Strange Coins. You are saving up 13 of this precious commodity to buy an exotic helm from Xur, who is only around Fridays and Saturdays. What class are you?

Once you hit level 26, you can start trying the raid, though you'll be more effective at higher levels.

I'm happy to keep the dialogue going over time if you have questions as you go.
Kampfers
AG
quote:
Bco: Every day, do one Public Event (get a timer app if you dont have one), the Daily Heroic Mission if you're high enough level, and then do the appropriate level Strikes until your eyes bleed. Your goal right now is twofold:

1. Get all level 20 rare gear with the most Light on it possible, since that's the stat that levels you. Ignore all other stats. Also note that the gear gives more light as you level it up, so make sure you're not discarding a piece that has the potential to be better than what you have.
On those rare gear, the highest base light value possible is 15. So if you see a blue helmet that gives 15 light, it will upgrade to give you the highest amount of light possible without using a legendary/exotic helm.
Tex117
AG
Got Suros Regime from the Nightfall. RNGesus was good to me.

Purchased The Devil You Know hand cannon from the Vanguard.

Still packing Atheon's Epilogue when I need it. Waiting for the Bad Juju (still my favorite art design of a gun) and Thorn buff. If I get Vision and Confluence and a nice heavy, Im pretty set on my weapons.

Now for that raid armor.

OilfieldAg, Im sorry I missed your invite last night. I was with 2 other aggies taking out the nightfall, weekly, and daily.
Thunder18
AG
Was running VoG last night and almost to the part where Atheon shows up...game glitches out and gives us our end game loot. Buddy checks the app and it shows that we beat the raid, so we all quit out without having to mess with any of the last part of the boss fight
Bryan98
AG
How do Atheon's Epilogue and Suros compare?

I'm hoping for the Epilogue becsuse that void damage is super handy in the raid.
Tex117
AG
quote:
How do Atheon's Epilogue and Suros compare?

I'm hoping for the Epilogue becsuse that void damage is super handy in the raid.

In terms of Raw damage output, I'd stick with the Suros. However, when you are in a void damage burn or trying to take down a void shield, Atheon's Epilogue is clutch.
cr0wbar
AG
I need some Ascendant Shards- BADLY. Will be on this evening- ps4
Sandman23
AG
Noob question:

How do I upgrade my light gear and weapons?
bearamedic99
AG
Bco: Every day, do one Public Event (get a timer app if you dont have one), the Daily Heroic Mission if you're high enough level, and then do the appropriate level Strikes until your eyes bleed.

What is the frequency for public events? Is one planet better than others? Thanks for the info. I wish I had known that about the light in the armor. Now I need to check my gear. Are legendary armor items going to be better than all rare armor items? How early can one do the raid on normal? My biggest frustration now is finding enough helium, spinmetal, and such.
bearamedic99
AG
That and finding time for this game with a 12 month old
Sandman23
AG
quote:
That and finding time for this game with a 12 month old
I have a 6 month old. I feel your pain.
Bryan98
AG
Sandman: Gear needs XP before it can be upgraded. It's a process. It also requires certain materials; look at the gear and it will tell you what.

Bearamedic: Get a Destiny Public Events Timer app for your phone. Boom.

Yes, all Legendaries are better than rare. No stat matters more than Light, no combination of several stats or perks matter more than Light.

Most Raid groups won't take anyone under level 26. Some want you to be 27 or even 28, just for normal difficulty, but you can find a group that will take 26s.
Bryan98
AG
Freaking double post.

I'll take this time to again admonish all newer players to save their first 13 Strange Coins for an exotic helm. Not an exotic chest, nor gloves, nor even a weapon. Light matters more than anything else, Raid helms only drop in Hard, Vanguard helms are super expensive, SAVE YOUR COINS FOR A HELM.
AggieKatie2
AG
I need friends to do the Vault of Glass raid. None of my current friends are on when I am.

Level 27 Titan
howdydamnit04
AG
quote:
I need friends to do the Vault of Glass raid. None of my current friends are on when I am.

Level 27 Titan
What system and userid?
cr0wbar
AG
quote:
Freaking double post.

I'll take this time to again admonish all newer players to save their first 13 Strange Coins for an exotic helm. Not an exotic chest, nor gloves, nor even a weapon. Light matters more than anything else, Raid helms only drop in Hard, Vanguard helms are super expensive, SAVE YOUR COINS FOR A HELM.
Thanks for this Bryan. Xur is always near the vanguard table from Friday-Sunday, correct?
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
quote:
Freaking double post.

Thanks for this Bryan. Xur is always near the vanguard table from Friday-Sunday, correct?
he's in a different spot each week. you'll have to google, or just look when you go to the tower. Since you can see everyone's gamertags in the tower, there will be one area with several overlapping tags
Tex117
AG
quote:
Noob question:

How do I upgrade my light gear and weapons?
Sandman,
If you are a freshly minted lvl 20, you are still going to be hoping for the "rare" drops (blue) for your equipment...Note that light levels gain when you upgrade this equipment. If you find a rare with a light level of +15, that is the one you are going to keep because that is the best rare equipment that will upgrade to the highest point of rare equipment. For instance, say you have a chest piece that you leveled to 16, but you found a new chest piece that is 15. Equip and level up that 15.

To level up the most predictable way and not mess with RNGesus, do the bounties everyday and the daily at the highest setting you can handle. You will level up the Vanguard to rank 2. Once you do that, you can purchase your legendary armor. Armor costs 65 marks a pop. So within 2 1/2 weeks (assuming you have ZERO marks to start with), you will have a full set of legendary gear that will pop you up to around level 26. You can only amass 100 marks a week for vanguard.

From there you will need "Ascendant Shards" and whatever other collectable (Relic Iron, Helium, spirit bloom) to level further. Ascendant shards are harder to come by. You get one from doing a public event once a day, and 2 for doing the daily on the hardest modifier. Spend these on your chest, legs, arms. Check Xur (a vendor only in the tower on Fri and Saturday) to buy an exotic helm with "Strange Coins" when one becomes available for your class. Don't mess with weapons just yet.

The reason you want an Exotic helm is that the Raid Helmet only drops on Raid HARD. Which you really need to be 29 or 30 to run effectively and not be carried. Once you get the exotic helm, spend your shards leveling that up and the rest of your normal legendary equipment. Hit level 28, then stop and go raid to get the raid gear. So with an exotic helm and fully leveled up raid hear drops on normal, you will hit 30.

Try not to waste your ascendant shards. You want to level up just enough to do what you want to get done. I would suggest this. Get your legendary equipment (helm, chest, arms, legs) and level all of them up until you need ascendant shards. This should get you to around level 27. Level 27 is good because you can do pretty much everything except the raid (and even then you could probably be carried). You can cheese the nightfall (usually gives you a cool weapon or strange coins) and the weekly (weekly on hard gives you 9 strange coins a pop). Wait for Xur to sell your helm, then level that all the way up. If you are still short of 28, then pick the chest, arm, or leg and level that up until you hit 28. Then stop and go raid.
Bryan98
AG
Every Friday morning, it's Destiny Christmas. Before I even get out of bed (except last Friday, when my wife was sick so I got up with the kids) I check the Reddit Destiny Xur Super-thread. It tells me where he is and what he's selling this week.

I'm at level 29 and have a pretty decent number of Strange Coins. The only things I've bought from him were my helm for 13, Icebreaker for 17 (because it's so damn useful, and because I knew I could still afford my helm if he brought it the following week - which he did), and an Auto-Rifle Telemetry for 1 (weapons take forever to level up).

Btw to add to these thoughts, I'll mention I've only spent Motes of Light on an exotic helm engram from Xur. I got the best Gunslinger helm, which is OK if I eventually level a hunter. I would save my Motes for a helm engram. I already have warlock and Hunter helms, and I'm saving my next set of Motes for another helm engram.

Anyway, everyone who is serious about Destiny should read the Destiny Reddit every day. So much good info gets shared. They also have a subreddit for forming groups for various content.
AggieKatie2
AG
XB1....aglawtsu
PatAg
AG
There is a great thread for farming all the gatherable materials as well
slickag2007
AG
Anyone playing tonight on XB1? Add me if you haven't already. Slickg2007. Level 25 Warlock. Wanting to run the weekly heroic strike or nightfall mission.
Bryan98
AG
I'm adding you, but be aware that 25 is three levels below the recommended level. I've seen plenty of groups with a 27 do it, but this week is particularly tough. Good luck!

I'm Fedaykin98 btw.
Tex117
AG
quote:
Anyone playing tonight on XB1? Add me if you haven't already. Slickg2007. Level 25 Warlock. Wanting to run the weekly heroic strike or nightfall mission.
You will be carried by your team. The level damage penalty is SEVERE that far below.
Bryan98
AG
I tried the level 28 Weekly Heroic tonight with two 27s (I'm 29) and we got our butts handed to us in the first door hack room. Then we tried 26 and weren't doing that well. Then one of them had to leave, so we ended up two-manning the level 22.

This is one tough strike. I've run the Nightfall and the 28 the last two weeks with no wipes. The 28 has seemed super easy after the Nightfall each week. This is on a different level.
swellvermin
AG
Looking to Raid on PS4 Friday night 11pm Pacific. We have 4 already planning on it just need a couple more. "SWELLVERMIN"
AggieChemE09
AG
quote:
XB1....aglawtsu
Added.

XB1: The After1ife
Thunder18
AG
Summoning Pits is a tough strike, especially once you get to Phogoth
howdydamnit04
AG
quote:
You can cheese him by running it from the room just before the shrieker.
Bryan98
AG
quote:
quote:

I'm gonna watch a Youtube video of this before I try the Nightfall this week.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Don't go too far back on nightfall, or it will send you to orbit. There is the room with the shrieker, the room before the shrieker, and the room before that, then the hallway in the circle of bones with the 2 knights.

You can back track into the shrieker room and the middle room. If back into the third room, you will get kicked to orbit.
Thunder18
AG
quote:
quote:

Ive done it the cheese way and the regular way...honestly the cheese way is still hard as hell when you get 8 wizards flying into the shrieker room

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.