*****OFFICIAL DESTINY XB-1 THREAD*****

356,151 Views | 3140 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by LPHA
cr0wbar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Got "Praedyth's Timepiece" yesterday from the Hard Raid. Now I have primaries in all three elements!

Also got "Plan C" from the Nightfall.
nicely done, muy jealous
Aggie_3
Im looking to do the nightfall tonight if anyones interested

PS4: Aggie21251
AggieChemE09
AG
http://imgur.com/a/Ljqv7

My Collection so far
Saxsoon
AG
Anybody doing the raid on normal for PS4 tonight?

Saxsoon
Aggie_3
quote:
Anybody doing the raid on normal for PS4 tonight?

Saxsoon

I may be down add me Aggie21251
Aggie_3
Id actually like to do it on hard
redbaron788
AG
A few of us have an oracle checkpoint on hard, we may need one more but I'm not sure
Saxsoon
AG
I got the last thing I needed from the nightfall. I got the Light Beyond Nemesis Helmet! I was hoping for Apotheosis Veil, but I will take this too. Level 30, here I come.
Bryan98
AG
Congrats! I don't think any of the Warlock exotic helms are amazing in terms of abilities, but that one is what I used until I got a raid helm. I still use it in PVP. Looks pretty good, top.
ClickClack
AG
I'm getting an Xbox one and this game for Christmas. My gamer name will probably be LavenderCakes. I'm a PC guy but giving consoles a chance too for the first time since PS2. I know little to nothing about this game but it seems popular. Anything I should know for when I get started?
FriendlyAg
You can't do much of anything fun until you level up. It's for sure fun though
ClickClack
AG
Do I have to have an Xbox live gold membership to play this online? How does that all work?
Thunder18
AG
quote:
Do I have to have an Xbox live gold membership to play this online? How does that all work?

Yes you have to have a gold membership to play with other folks online. Its like $50/yr so it's a pretty cheap investment
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:

Pretty sure you can play the game solo without a sub, but you will need one to play with others
ClickClack
AG
quote:
quote:

Yes you have to have a gold membership to play with other folks online. Its like $50/yr so it's a pretty cheap investment

Thanks
Bryan98
AG
quote:
Pretty sure you can play the game solo without a sub, but you will need one to play with others.

This is true. Worth noting that both the PS4 and XB1 require subscriptions to play games online - this wasn't true last generation, but it is now.
JonLobb
starting my second character today. fun fun fun. i'm hoping i can level this one to 20 faster than my first
FriendlyAg
Having always played competive FPS on my PC, I have historically struggled with quick twitch movements in consoles simply because of sensitivity in a thumb joystick as opposed to a mouse.

I first played crucible at level 14 and got owned. I hadn't played a game in multiplayer in any platform for a few years. I realized that, number one, my sensitivy was half of what it should be and how important gear is in order to be competitive.

Played again at level 20 last night and damn was that fun. I cranked up sensitivity to 8 or 9 and after a round of getting use to it I was able to be above the middle of the leaderboard almost every round. It's really fun to play. IMO, there are too few objective based crucible games. I also would like to see 10v10.
FriendlyAg
Anyone wanna do a strike?

Level 22 now
Bryan98
AG
Big patch today. Changes to lots of exotic weapons, no more pushing Templar, you can buy crafting mats from vendors, and many more.

Allegedly they have fixed the Xbox party chat framerate bug, thank goodness.
TexasAggie_02
AG
http://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=12433

quote:
Weapons
quote:
Exotics
Exotic Weapons are designed to look, feel, and sound overpowered. At the same time, they are not supposed to break the balance of the game. We hope these weapons challenge the way players think about their loadouts. Exotics will be a constant work in-progress!
quote:
quote:
General
  • In preparation for the Dark Below, Exotic Armor and Weapons no longer require Ascendant Materials to upgrade
  • The final upgrade node of all Exotic Gear will require an Exotic Shard
  • Exotic Shards can be obtained by one of the following means:
    • Dismantling unwanted Exotics
    • Purchased from Xur for 7 Strange Coins
  • Exotics now start at a higher base Attack value and have a narrowed upgrade range to compensate

quote:
quote:
Thorn
quote:
  • Projectiles now briefly highlight targets on impact
  • Mark of the Devourer DoT (damage-over-time) upgrade increased against PvE enemy targets
  • Reload Speed increased
  • Magazine Size increased
  • Ammo inventory size increased
  • Stability and Weapon Handling increased

quote:
Bad Juju
quote:
  • Magazine Size increased to 8 bursts (was 5)
  • Ammo inventory size increased
  • String of Curses now also decreases the cooldown of your Super on kill
  • Adjusted effects to not block first person reticle

quote:
Hard Light
quote:
  • Stability increased
  • Perfect Balance upgrade replaced by Fitted Stock (increases maximum possible weapon Stability)

quote:
Suros Regime
quote:
  • Lowered total damage at the end of the mag on SUROS Regime upgrade to be more in line with the Glass Half Full perk on Legendary Auto Rifles

quote:
Monte Carlo
quote:
  • Stability increased
  • Range slightly decreased
  • Monte Carlo Method upgrade now also has a chance to fully charge melee ability on kill

quote:
MIDA Multi-Tool
quote:
  • MIDA rounds now have increased knockback against targets in both PvE and PvP

quote:
Hawkmoon
quote:
  • Send It upgrade (which was redundant) replaced by Speed Reload

quote:
Red Death
quote:
  • Rate of Fire increased slightly, but Burst Damage reduced to compensate

quote:
Plan C
quote:
  • Weapon Handling speed increased
  • Player Speed increased while Plan C is in hand

quote:
Pocket Infinity
quote:
  • Speed Reload upgrade replaced by Extended Clip which allows the option to increase magazine size (5 bursts)

quote:
Vex Mythoclast
quote:
  • Attack Power increased to 323 (from 300)
  • Base Damage increased, fixing bug we introduced in previous patch
  • Enhanced Battery upgrade by Extended Mag (this change still allows for a significant upgrade to Magazine Size, but less than before)

quote:
Invective
quote:
  • Reload Speed increased significantly, auto fires slightly slower

quote:
Ice Breaker
quote:
  • Send It upgrade replaced by Lightweight (which was redundant as Icebreaker already had maximum range)
  • New effects for enemies killed by Ice Breaker upgrade

quote:
Patience and Time
quote:
  • Snapshot upgrade replaced by Custom Optics (provides a lower zoom option)

quote:
Super Good Advice
quote:
  • Stability increased

quote:
Truth
quote:
  • Magazine Size increased to 3 (was 1)

Activities
quote:
Raid
quote:
  • Fixed an issue we introduced in a previous patch, in which Atheon did not correctly send 3 players through the time gates
  • Fixed an exploit where the Templar could be forced off its platform

quote:
Daily Heroic Story
  • Destination Materials now drop from completing the Daily Heroic

quote:
Bounties
quote:
quote:

• Removed the 'Relic Hunter' Bounty
  • Destination Materials now drop from completing the Daily Patrol Bounty

Vendors
  • Reduced Cryptarch reputation gain from Engrams, but reputation reward packages now have an increased chance for Legendary Engrams
  • Players will now be able to use Vanguard Marks and Crucible Marks to purchase Spinmetal, Relic Iron, Spirit Bloom, and Helium Filaments from the Vanguard and Crucible Quartermasters in the Tower
  • Xur now sells a new material, Exotic Shards, to upgrade the final node of Exotics for 7 Strange Coins
  • Faction Class Items (ex: FWC Cloak, Dead Orbit Mark, etc.) are now replaced by Faction Emblems in the rank-up reward packages from Faction Vendors

Technical
  • Networking fixes, which should reduce the instance of the Bee family of KTOs
  • Fixed an issue in which using Xbox One party chat induced a slower frame rate

cr0wbar
AG
  • Players will now be able to use Vanguard Marks and Crucible Marks to purchase Spinmetal, Relic Iron, Spirit Bloom, and Helium Filaments from the Vanguard and Crucible Quartermasters in the Tower
YES
Bryan98
AG
BUFF DAT VEX. BUFF DAT VEX!

Though I am annoyed that I haven't fully upgraded it and now I have to wait until Friday to buy a new Exotic Shard from Xur. They basically just upped the price of all Exotic Weapons by 7 SCs. Not a huge deal, but still. And does that apply to armor as well? I haven't finished upgrading my Voidfang Vestments yet, either.
TexasAggie_02
AG
guess i need to level up a 3rd character now. You get 9 strange coins for the weekly heroic, so i've been getting 18 coins/week from my 2 characters plus random ones from engrams, so about 20-25 per week.

With needing 7 coins per exotic weapon/armor i now have to decide if i want to buy whatever weapon xur has for sale, or buy exotic shards. If i get 3 characters going, then i can get 27-30 ish coins per week and buy a weapon and some exotic shards.
Saxsoon
AG
Don't have to worry about ascendant mats for it though so there is that
Bryan98
AG
quote:
Don't have to worry about ascendant mats for it though so there is that

Yeah, but I have tons of ascendant mats from raiding. I have zero Exotic Shards, like everyone else, and the whole thing about Xur not being here regularly.

I imagine people will just start stocking up on these things so it won't be an issue in the future.
TexasAggie_02
AG
yeah, hopefully xur will have stuff i already have for the next couple of weeks so i can stock up on these exotic shards.
Saxsoon
AG
It works for me, I think I have just enough to upgrade all of my Iron Banner gear and other weapons
dcaggie04
AG
You will still need ascendant mats to level up legendary weapons/armor. This update only effects exotics.
Saxsoon
AG
yep
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
So ill need exotic shards even if my armor is maxed out?
Bryan98
AG
Pretty sure what's maxed will stay maxed.
Tex117
AG
This is the patch we have all been waiting for.

Thorn is now firmly in the 3 best handcannons in the game for best all around (pve and pvp).
Vex wrecks

Many other exotics are now viable. (Like MIDA knockback power, bad juju for super regeneration)

You don't have to be as stingy with the ascendant energies because now they only apply to legendary weapons and not exotics. Ascendant material you still need to hold on to for the legendary armor.

You max stuff stays max.

Now you can bypass the material farming if you want to for the other upgrades by buying the Destination materials.

This game just became alot less irritating. See you boys in the Dark Below.
TelcoAg
AG
Finally broke down and bought a new console.

PS4
TelcoAg

I was an Xbox gamer forever, so I literally know no one on PSN. Please add me because I'm good at insults on the fly.
Tex117
AG
quote:
Finally broke down and bought a new console.

PS4
TelcoAg

I was an Xbox gamer forever, so I literally know no one on PSN. Please add me because I'm good at insults on the fly.
Welcome to the party.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.