*****OFFICIAL DESTINY XB-1 THREAD*****

356,109 Views | 3140 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by LPHA
TexasAggie_02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
the only raid gear i have, are the boots. Every time I've beaten Atheon, I've gotten shards and the shader.
Wheatables02
AG
quote:
i pushed Atheon off the cliff for my first time last night, I was giddy. Managed to get him to the ledge fairly quickly. When "time's vengeance" first comes up, he doesn't move for a few seconds, so I completely surrounded him with void grenades and nova bombs. He fell off just right before time's vengeance ran out.

I have some friends with a Hard Mode Checkpoint at Atheon. Gonna see if i can push him off again tonight.

Some buddies and I got to Atheon on normal last night and couldn't beat him this way or legitimately. I think the problem is we have 3 28's and 3 Level 27's. So frustrated since it resets tomorrow.

Any chance you could help us out with this?
Kampfers
AG
quote:
quote:
i pushed Atheon off the cliff for my first time last night, I was giddy. Managed to get him to the ledge fairly quickly. When "time's vengeance" first comes up, he doesn't move for a few seconds, so I completely surrounded him with void grenades and nova bombs. He fell off just right before time's vengeance ran out.

I have some friends with a Hard Mode Checkpoint at Atheon. Gonna see if i can push him off again tonight.

Some buddies and I got to Atheon on normal last night and couldn't beat him this way or legitimately. I think the problem is we have 3 28's and 3 Level 27's. So frustrated since it resets tomorrow.

Honestly, you shouldn't have any issues with him at the level that you are at. If you haven't looked at the strats, make sure to read & apply them. Also make sure to level up your weapons. But 3 level 28s and 3 level 27s should be more than enough. Assign roles, have 3 people constantly retreat to the back of the room to be teleported, one grabs the relic every time, etc. Chunk grenades like a mofo.

We were doing the raid on hard with 5 29s and 1 28. It was pretty impossible. We also never got past the third conflux part (I don't think we even got there - we only got to the second conflux part 3 times in the 7-8 attempts we did). I need the gauntlets and then I'll be able to hit 30. Hopefully can get those on Tuesday.
Wheatables02
AG
quote:
Honestly, you shouldn't have any issues with him at the level that you are at. If you haven't looked at the strats, make sure to read & apply them. Also make sure to level up your weapons. But 3 level 28s and 3 level 27s should be more than enough. Assign roles, have 3 people constantly retreat to the back of the room to be teleported, one grabs the relic every time, etc. Chunk grenades like a mofo.

We did all that. Just never could make it work past one or two teleports. Maybe we were all tired.

I'm hoping someone can join our group and just push him off tonight for us. Its saved to start there.
Bryan98
AG
quote:
quote:

Those levels aren't the problem; the group I cleared VoG with Friday was a mix of 27s and 28s. I was 27 at the time, 29 now thanks to leveling up Light Beyond Nemesis and the raid chest.

If you made it to his phase, then you could potentially have your 3 28s be the portal team. Of course, that depends on the distribution of warlocks. The group I was in had 3 warlocks stay out and position Atheon, then pushed him as soon as he un-froze. The away team only has to be able to succeed at one transition. We needed 5 or 6 tries, but I think the first time everyone lived through the first portal transition, we got it.

I happened to be in a warlock-heavy group. We also had one Titan and one Hunter.
Tex117
AG
Kamphers (sp), or any one else.

What level do you need to be to run the raid on hard?
Kampfers
AG
quote:
Kamphers (sp), or any one else.

What level do you need to be to run the raid on hard?
You have to beat the raid on normal to unlock hard mode. It's a level 30 raid so to even have a chance you need to be 29. Ideally your party has at least as many lvl 30s as 29s. It's a challenge, that's for sure. Remember that you deal with a ~30% damage reduction penalty as a level 29 shooting the level 30 enemies.
Kampfers
AG
quote:
quote:

We did all that. Just never could make it work past one or two teleports. Maybe we were all tired.

I'm hoping someone can join our group and just push him off tonight for us. Its saved to start there.
You can certainly attempt to push him off, and I understand why you might do so, but beating him fairly will feel much more rewarding.
TexasAggie_02
AG
AggieChemE09
AG
Starting a second warlock today. Tired of not having raid boots and gloves.
Tex117
AG
Gotcha,

So you guys are saying, run normal until I RNG the raid gear to reach 30, or possibly level 29?

I'm 28 right now and can run the normal pretty easily.

Are the drops that bad?
AggieChemE09
AG
Raid gear is all luck. and I really don't see how a group that isn't at least half lvl30 can get to the Templar, the damage just isnt there.

Not to say that I wont try to do a VoG Hard next week, but I won't be going with a group of all 29's
cr0wbar
AG
Sorry FecalFigther04- I missed your message was busy in crucible last night. We'll do some runs this week together to get you up to speed!

I usually am running with
eyeguytex
cawkabru
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
So you guys are saying, run normal until I RNG the raid gear to reach 30, or possibly level 29?

Yep, say your prayers to RNGesus, and hope he takes pity on your soul.

Wheatables02
AG
quote:

Crap, we're PS4. thanks though!
Bryan98
AG
quote:
quote:

It's just one more annoying way in which this game uses RNG for everything and somehow hasn't learned lessons that WoW learned years ago.

Also, remember - running normal VoG will never get you to 30 unless an exotic helm drops, because the raid helm only drops on hard. Get an exotic helm from Xur ASAP, imho. Save your motes for a week where the engram being offered is a helm engram. You want to hit 30, and an exotic chest will not be a part of that gear set unless you get a helm from Hard VoG.

I have been incredibly fortunate in that I got the gloves (2 pairs, even) the first week I attempted VoG (we cleared through Templar), and I got the chest this week. Those are the only actual equipment I've gotten, but they are the most important to get. With this being all RNG, though, what are the odds that I'll get boots anytime soon? There seems to be no guarantee that you'll ever get them. Maybe I need to consider a second Warlock as well.
TexasAggie_02
AG
i've heard from lots of people that the boots are really hard to get, but they are the only piece i've gotten so far.
Krussian09
AG
I just want any piece of raid gear. All I've gotten the past 3 weeks is shards, energy and warlock bonds.
howdydamnit04
AG
quote:
I just want any piece of raid gear. All I've gotten the past 3 weeks is shards, energy and warlock bonds.
me too
Tex117
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

It's just one more annoying way in which this game uses RNG for everything and somehow hasn't learned lessons that WoW learned years ago.

Also, remember - running normal VoG will never get you to 30 unless an exotic helm drops, because the raid helm only drops on hard. Get an exotic helm from Xur ASAP, imho. Save your motes for a week where the engram being offered is a helm engram. You want to hit 30, and an exotic chest will not be a part of that gear set unless you get a helm from Hard VoG.

I have been incredibly fortunate in that I got the gloves (2 pairs, even) the first week I attempted VoG (we cleared through Templar), and I got the chest this week. Those are the only actual equipment I've gotten, but they are the most important to get. With this being all RNG, though, what are the odds that I'll get boots anytime soon? There seems to be no guarantee that you'll ever get them. Maybe I need to consider a second Warlock as well.
Yeah, I picked up the Exotic helm from Xur this past week. So, I guess its just raiding until I get tired of it then. They really do need to change the RNG for completing the raid. Like, a guaranty piece of raid gear...Now, it could be something you already have, but there has to be something.

That said, my first raid I got Atheon's Epiloge and the Praedyts Revenge (the sniper rifle). Im pleased with the weapon drops so far.
SF2004
AG
quote:
Sorry FecalFigther04- I missed your message was busy in crucible last night. We'll do some runs this week together to get you up to speed!

I usually am running with
eyeguytex
cawkabru

No problem. I usually message peeps from my phone before I get on. Playing the game solo is just not as fun.

I am still having difficulty figuring out the most efficient things to run. I ran the Venus strikes not realizing that they only give you lvl 12 or so rares (only armor too). I can't figure out what gives me Vanguard point and what does not.

I try queuing into Vanguard playlist and get teammates who die a lot or drop.

I play Crucible and just get railroaded.

Frankly I would be happy if I could just get a rare Scout or Auto rifle.
Saxsoon
AG
Problem with the warlock helms is that they ALL suck for the playstyle that I want.
BourbonAg
AG
Just ordered and will probably pick up and play late tonight.

PSN: Bourbonag
Bryan98
AG
quote:
Problem with the warlock helms is that they ALL suck for the playstyle that I want.

Yeah, none are that impressive. I like Light Beyond Nemesis for the faster rez on some things (PVP, for one), but it's literally useless on Hard VoG since you can't rez anyone.

Fortunately, light level is by far the most important thing about your gear, so in that sense all exotic helms are kinda good. Too bad that there's a Hunter helm that makes their super 33% better - that one kind of sets the bar imho. Hearth of Praxic Fire upgrades the Sunsinger super, but it's a chest, not a helm. I'll probably buy it whenever it shows up in the event that I get the flexibility to wear it.

None of the Titan helms impress me ability-wise, but they all look awesome.
bearamedic99
AG
lvl 26 superrufus99 on XBL without a headset right now for an hour or so if someone wants to invite me to their fireteam
bearamedic99
AG
also, can OP update the list of players on the first post?
AggieChemE09
AG
http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2jvjbc/soloing_this_weeks_nightfall_the_summoning_pits/

The Summoning Pits
Modifiers:
  • Epic
  • Angry
  • Lightswitch
  • Arc Burn
  • Nightfall
You can cheese it by staying in the starting room, taking potshots, beware of the shrieker guardian, do not kill it, lest you want to be killed yourself
Bryan98
AG
Anyone else surprised that we haven't seen any patch notes or anything today? They were supposed to be "fixing" Atheon to where he was going to teleport random people instead of the three farthest away. I wonder if the silence is an indication that the community backlash has caused them to re-think that.

I was initially really against the change, as I think it removes some of the strategizing that is a key, fun feature of raiding, but after some thought I can see where the random element forces the players to react quickly and be ready for anything.

Honestly, I think that if the encounter had be programmed properly from the very beginning (or playtested effectively internally), folks would have enjoyed the design. What rankles everyone, including myself, is the completely backwards effect of making an encounter harder after the most hardcore (and even medium-core at this point) raiders have already beaten it.
Tex117
AG
There is nothing saying that patches MUST come out on Tuesday. That's just a holdover from the old WoW days.

It could just as easily drop tomorrow.

I don't mind the changing of the strategy. Just means that everyone on the team needs to be better. As it stands now, you can have the portal team essentially carry the whole fight on normal.

Im totally for the change on not being able to cheese. The fight isn't THAT hard. Maybe it is on Hard.
Kampfers
AG
Was able to knock out the raid, nightfall, and weekly in a night. whew!
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
Got the raid and nightfall last night. Nightfall sucked. Had to take it soo slow and make sure everyone has good solar and arc weapons. Got Plan C and Patience & Time for it though
SF2004
AG
I feel like I will never get to where you guys are. I am so lost as to what to focus on to get the gear needed to even move up in the strike playlists.

I get wrecked in crucible. It takes 75 games at two marks a piece to buy something from the dealers.

Also, I never see anyone on for PS4. Maybe the Xbox One community Is more active.
Saxsoon
AG
Really stupid to change time stream. That is strategy.
Wheatables02
AG
add me ps4 - wheatables02
Bryan98
AG
Bco: What level are you, and what is your armor like?

For instance, I'm level 29 with an exotic helm, raid gear chest and gloves, and legendary boots.

If you give me your info and what you hope to be doing in the game, I'll be happy to give you some tips on how to get where you want to be.

First tip: Stop playing Crucible altogether, unless you're doing it for fun. The Crucible is an extremely inefficient way to gear up. That said, I played some last night and a bunch on Sunday. But I'm already as geared as I can be without getting the right drops from the raid.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.